Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
What size spacers are you using and do you have the part number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are 1.5 in front and 1.25 in rear. I felt.like the fronts were sunk in more from factory, that's why I went with a staggered set. They're made to order I believe, so no part numbers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rides fine, and there's some noise, but it's not bad at all. I really dont notice it anymore. They do rub somewhat though, maybe a little more than other tires of the same size due to the aggressive tread.

They do fill out the wheel wells nicely though lol.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,739 Posts
I sure like the idea of the KO2. How is the ride and noise.?
Do understand that the 265/60-R18 KO2 is 50lbs at each corner. Though at 30.5", the speedo maybe off by 2mph, but be prepared to lug around, what many call this here, boat anchors.
Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 in that size is 38.42lbs each.

To put into perspective, below are some stats of some tires and weight differences (245/70R-17 size used).

BFG T/A KO2 - 30.6" and 47.18lbs.
Nitto Terra Grappler - 30.31" and 37lbs
General Grabber AT2 - 30.5" and 38.1lbs

They are considerably more heavy than their traditional conterparts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. That is helpful. I don’t think I can justify the weight penalty for the type of driving I do. Your he days is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's to hoping that the Michelin LTX 265/60-18's will work.
I have those tires and love them. No rubbing, quiet, and gives me that confidence that comes from Michelin. A side note is that people that have lifts have experienced rubbing, so be careful.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,134 Posts
OEM tires are closer to 30lbs. So the KO2s add about 17lbs per corner. They are and look tough and perform well off road. They could probably be used as run flats if you do get punctured. Still, the Ridgeline is deliberately biased towards on road performance so IMHO putting on "boat anchors" like the KO2s makes little practical sense with the increased noise, slower acceleration, lower fuel economy, poorer ride etc that all comes with that hefty unsprung weight gain AND the increased rolling resistance.

·
Registered
399 Posts
OEM tires are closer to 30lbs. So the KO2s add about 17lbs per corner. They are and look tough and perform well off road. They could probably be used as run flats if you do get punctured. Still, the Ridgeline is deliberately biased towards on road performance so IMHO putting on "boat anchors" like the KO2s makes little practical sense with the increased noise, slower acceleration, lower fuel economy, poorer ride etc that all comes with that hefty unsprung weight gain AND the increased rolling resistance.
Yeah I dont get the mindset to buy an RL then try to make it very offroad worthy. Just suck it up and get a solid rear axle truck.

To me, a good set of A/Ts that arent overly aggressive is the way to go -- like the TerrainContact A/T, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alright, here is just another shot for shot comparison of the original tires vs the new 265/60r18 tires.
How are the Cooper AT3 4S's working out for you @Wiztardo ? Are you getting rubbing? How much? Only at full lock?

I'm curious, b/c I'm running them on my 4Runner right now, in a larger size than stock, and I had a set of the regular AT3's before that. The 4S is a gigantic improvement in slushy snow or ice. Both are excellent tires in all other conditions for AT tires.

I wanted to put a set of the 265 4S's on my new-to-me RL, and was hoping to hear how you're finding them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 396095

Black Rhino Warlord with Falken wildpeak 265/65R17
Impressions: They are louder than stock tires but not to the point it bothers. This size do rub on full lock turn on the back wheel well but can be solved with a heat gun
molding the plastic. Ride quality on pavement is not much different than with stock tires but in gravel roads and dirt roads 100% better. With this combination you get an additional 1/2 inch ground clearance. And lookwise, they just make the truck become alive!!
Your setup looks great. I'm thinking of going with 265/60R18 Falken Wildpeaks on 18x8 Black Rhino Overlands. Do you have a lift of your truck? I'm going with a 2" front/1" back Traxda lift. Curious what your experience is with this tire size so far after driving them for a while? Any more noticeable rub or wear? Is the area that rubs getting worse or affecting the tire at all? Thx!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your setup looks great. I'm thinking of going with 265/60R18 Falken Wildpeaks on 18x8 Black Rhino Overlands. Do you have a lift of your truck? I'm going with a 2" front/1" back Traxda lift. Curious what your experience is with this tire size so far after driving them for a while? Any more noticeable rub or wear? Is the area that rubs getting worse or affecting the tire at all? Thx!
Hi. I do have a 1.5" front lift and so far after 5.5K miles tires still holding up like new no noticeable wear I just rotated tires at 5K miles. There is a rub on full lock as I mentioned before that hasn't disappeared but it doesn't bother me because you only notice when parking on tight spots that you need to maneuver a lot and since your speed on that occasions is under 5mhp there is no damage done to the tire nor the truck. Other than that my experience with the wheels/tires combo has been fantastic ans I'm super stoke with the ride/looks.
(Now looks like a rugged shoe box... lol)

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I do have a 1.5" front lift and so far after 5.5K miles tires still holding up like new no noticeable wear I just rotated tires at 5K miles. There is a rub on full lock as I mentioned before that hasn't disappeared but it doesn't bother me because you only notice when parking on tight spots that you need to maneuver a lot and since your speed on that occasions is under 5mhp there is no damage done to the tire nor the truck. Other than that my experience with the wheels/tires combo has been fantastic ans I'm super stoke with the ride/looks.
(Now looks like a rugged shoe box... lol)

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your ride!
Good to know. Thanks fo the info! Thinking about going 265/65R18 but will definitely have to cut if I do.

501 - 516 of 516 Posts