Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
661 - 680 of 729 Posts

·
Registered
2017 OBP RTL modless
16 Posts
Part of me getting older was buying a ridgeline lol. I'm used to slammed cars and fast cars and now I just want comfort and little drama. ordered the 245/70/17. I'll go hang out in the 245 (17inch) club now.
I felt the same coming from bmws and Lexus, needed something more practical and ridgeline checked all the boxes. Lmk how the 245 fit on wheels.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL
14 Posts
Well, it happened even to me. I officially joined the Mile-High Club... er, scratch that. The 265 Club (wrong forum).

Chose the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus in 265/60R18 size for my 2020 RL RTL-E with stock wheels. Found them from Amazon for $50 cheaper than Tire Rack FWIW.

Zero rubbing, even in reverse, even at full lock. There is a little road hum but steering bite is great and the slight bump in ride height is noticeable.

View attachment 407435 View attachment 407436 View attachment 407437 View attachment 407438 View attachment 407439 View attachment 407440

Are these much louder than the OEM tires? I've been looking at getting them.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL-T
144 Posts
FWIW I have run the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus on other vehicles, and they are very quiet for an all terrain tire. I think they are the top rated all terrain tire on Tire Rack's consumer ratings.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
8 Posts
While I wait for my wheels to slowly trickle in off of backorder (currently have one wheel... lol), I've been agonizing over tire size and model. I'm narrowed down to 265/60/18s, mounted to 18x8 +30mm wheels. Between the Michelin LTX M/S and the Continental TerrainContact H/T. Costco has a deal right now for the Michelins at $770 installed, and another local shop will do the Continentals for $790 installed. Reviews show them to be nearly identically scored at Tire Rack, with the Continental being slightly better in the wet. Both tires weigh the same, and the only thing pulling me towards the Continental is the slightly more aggressive looking sidewall. With the planned 2/4 drop the truck will be getting, it should look nice and stuffed once done. If I could just make a final decision here on tires... 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

new to the forum, I have a '21 Sport on order, it's almost a month and half wait to get one here in Canada so I was looking at going straight to 265 installed at the dealership and I'm pretty set on ordering the Cooper AT3 4S on 265/60/18 on the stock wheel which I believe now for MY21 are ET45 instead of 55 from previous year. Now I'm wondering if that setup will rub, I've read somewhere that the fender liner was also changed so I'm not too sure. Anyone with '21 recently have tested it? Thank you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

new to the forum, I have a '21 Sport on order, it's almost a month and half wait to get one here in Canada so I was looking at going straight to 265 installed at the dealership and I'm pretty set on ordering the Cooper AT3 4S on 265/60/18 on the stock wheel which I believe now for MY21 are ET45 instead of 55 from previous year. Now I'm wondering if that setup will rub, I've read somewhere that the fender liner was also changed so I'm not too sure. Anyone with '21 recently have tested it? Thank you :)
Within 2 weeks of receiving my 21 RL around the 300km mark, I installed the 1.5" level kit, 18x8.5" 5 spoke wheels with +30mm offset and 265/60R18 BFG KO2 tires. I did lots of measurements before ordering my wheel/tire set up because I wanted tires to fill my wheel well but also stick out as flush as possible to the side of the vehicle to look more aggressive. I barely have tire rub at full lock. I mean I only have a scuff mark on both my back face of the inside front wheel wells. You should be fine with or without the level kit particular if you are sticking with stock wheels with +45mm offset.

·
Registered
2017 OBP RTL modless
16 Posts
Finally installed my traxda lift 2”/1”, what a pain. Rubs more than stock height but will have to do 10 point turns if necessary. Also my alignment tech couldn’t zero in the rear passenger side because the bolt seized. Will have to look into an adjustable ball joint bolt. Til then here she is my Bleu.

edit: Typos and phrasing

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
636 Posts
I wonder what percentage of people here increased tire size without considering the need for a larger spare? Or just hoping they won't need to use the spare? Or hoping that the OEM spare will not cause damage during a short drive to the tire store?

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD
110 Posts
While I wait for my wheels to slowly trickle in off of backorder (currently have one wheel... lol), I've been agonizing over tire size and model. I'm narrowed down to 265/60/18s, mounted to 18x8 +30mm wheels. Between the Michelin LTX M/S and the Continental TerrainContact H/T. Costco has a deal right now for the Michelins at $770 installed, and another local shop will do the Continentals for $790 installed. Reviews show them to be nearly identically scored at Tire Rack, with the Continental being slightly better in the wet. Both tires weigh the same, and the only thing pulling me towards the Continental is the slightly more aggressive looking sidewall. With the planned 2/4 drop the truck will be getting, it should look nice and stuffed once done. If I could just make a final decision here on tires...
I have the Conti Terrain Contact A/T and love them. Paid every bit of $1K & no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD
110 Posts
I wonder what percentage of people here increased tire size without considering the need for a larger spare? Or just hoping they won't need to use the spare? Or hoping that the OEM spare will not cause damage during a short drive to the tire store?
I’m working on an OEM full-size spare that should reduce all of that. I carry a plug kit & compressor. If I were to blow out a tire, I think a tow would be necessary anyways. Has anyone come across a way to disable the AWD in an emergency? Suby has a fuse you insert. I believe someone said if TPMS is in error the AWD shuts off. Good reason not to have a TPMS in a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
The RL compact spare is almost 1" smaller in diameter than the oem tire size, so it seems Honda is ok with running a smaller diameter tire for short periods of time, under a certain speed limit.

That being said, I upgraded my compact spare to match the size of my tires (30"). T165/90D18's are easy to get and super cheap (<$100)

·
Registered
636 Posts
The RL compact spare is almost 1" smaller in diameter than the oem tire size, so it seems Honda is ok with running a smaller diameter tire for short periods of time, under a certain speed limit.

That being said, I upgraded my compact spare to match the size of my tires (30"). T165/90D18's are easy to get and super cheap (<$100)
Does your larger space for in the same spot in the trunk as the old one?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does your larger spare for in the same spot in the trunk as the old one?
Yes, but that's the largest you'll get in that spot. It translates to 29.7" diameter.

I also have a 175/80r19...30" diameter but that did not fit. I am going to try to sell it at some point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are a little bit louder and there's a bit more tracking compared to the OEM tires. But that's very normal when going from a highway biased tire to any all terrain, especially larger size. FWIW, my very noise sensitive wife did not notice any difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
An all-wheel-drive vehicle can drive with one tire of a different diameter for short distances without issues. I would say most of us who upsized their tires know this already.

·
Registered
636 Posts
An all-wheel-drive vehicle can drive with one tire of a different diameter for short distances without issues. I would say most of us who upsized their tires know this already.
How different becomes too different in size and how short a drive before it is too long a drive?
You can give me your opinion but there is no published guidance on this as far as I know.
2" smaller diameter is ok for 100 miles but destroys your car at 294 miles?
Are you keeping the OEM spare with 265s?
I'm guessing that's ok for short drives as you said, but I just don't know.

·
Registered
519 Posts
While I wait for my wheels to slowly trickle in off of backorder (currently have one wheel... lol), I've been agonizing over tire size and model. I'm narrowed down to 265/60/18s, mounted to 18x8 +30mm wheels. Between the Michelin LTX M/S and the Continental TerrainContact H/T. Costco has a deal right now for the Michelins at $770 installed, and another local shop will do the Continentals for $790 installed. Reviews show them to be nearly identically scored at Tire Rack, with the Continental being slightly better in the wet. Both tires weigh the same, and the only thing pulling me towards the Continental is the slightly more aggressive looking sidewall. With the planned 2/4 drop the truck will be getting, it should look nice and stuffed once done. If I could just make a final decision here on tires... 😂
I know you posted this 18 days ago, but you can take Costco off your list.

Costco will NOT install tires that are larger than the manufacturer's recommended size, period. You can order the tires there, but they will not install and will not provide rotation/balancing on sizing that isn't to OEM specs.

Same goes for Sam's Club. Your best bet is Discount Tire.

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
Yeah, I second that Sam's club one. I could not get them to install bigger tires on our 98' Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Costco will NOT install tires that are larger than the manufacturer's recommended size, period. You can order the tires there, but they will not install and will not provide rotation/balancing on sizing that isn't to OEM specs.
They will mount them on free wheels (off the vehicle). They've done that for me several times.

661 - 680 of 729 Posts