Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
681 - 700 of 729 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
2019 RTL Looking for some advice. Discount tire recommended going from OEM to Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W. Is there any other model I should look at in the same 265/60/18?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wonder why they “recommended“ going to an all terrain tire, vs OEM style? When I click on the DT site, they show 81 models/results of 265/60/18 tires. Start reading.😉

I would prefer a tire with a “Traction“ rating of AA or at least A and a “Temperature” rating of A......presuming they are available.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Is that what Costco recommended or what you wanted?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re-read post #682. There's a difference between "recommended" and "what I want". You "wanted" 265 width Bridgestone Revo 3 or did Costco "recommend" them vs OEM style tires?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lots of tire choices I’m sure you’ll get many replies. I wanted an AT tire. I went with Pirelli Scorpion Plus. Supposed to be good in snow, wet traction and quiet for an AT tire. To be honest I went with an AT more for looks to compliment the 2” Traxda leveling kit and KMC wheels. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
^^^^Now there's a post that makes sense......the man obviously did a little studying about tires/styles/sizes and got what he wanted, not what was recommended, even though that extra height places more load on the engine/drivetraine. Something tells me, that several posts back, the tire that was recommended may have been the only set of 265/60/18s on the rack at that particular tire store, so why wouldn't the store recommend what they had on the rack.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, it happened even to me. I officially joined the Mile-High Club... er, scratch that. The 265 Club (wrong forum).

Chose the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus in 265/60R18 size for my 2020 RL RTL-E with stock wheels. Found them from Amazon for $50 cheaper than Tire Rack FWIW.

Zero rubbing, even in reverse, even at full lock. There is a little road hum but steering bite is great and the slight bump in ride height is noticeable.

View attachment 407435 View attachment 407436 View attachment 407437 View attachment 407438 View attachment 407439 View attachment 407440
Looks great - stock height??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any rubbing or mods needed to make those tires work? About to do 2inch lift and same tires on my 2019.
Hi Meg, with a 2" Traxda leveling kit and Pirelli Scorpion Plus 265/60x18, the suspension shop did remove some of the inner plastic wheel wheel. Even with that gone, when I am in reverse and cutting the tires I do hear some slight rubbing. In the shot below, the view is the wheel well facing the truck cab, that is not facing forward to the bumper.
Regards,
Chuck

Automotive tire Tire Tread Wheel Rim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone out there who has moved to 265 tires noticed any performance issues due to change in gearing? Especially if you are towing?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
6 Posts
2019 RTL Looking for some advice. Discount tire recommended going from OEM to Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W. Is there any other model I should look at in the same 265/60/18?
From other posts it seems like this tire does not rub the wheel well. Its getting a little confusing in this thread. I am trying to figure out if the wildpeak 265/60/18 size with a 1/2 in spacer on the fron will end up rubbing. I am pretty sure someone has already reported on this scenario, but i have not found the post yet.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Anyone out there who has moved to 265 tires noticed any performance issues due to change in gearing? Especially if you are towing?
The butt dyno is as unreliable as you can get. Mathematically, it’s impossible for a larger diameter tire to NOT have a negative affect on performance especially when towing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I had Discount Tire test fit a 265/60/18 BFG KO2 tire...next thing I knew, I was driving home with a new set of KO2 tires. 😁

I cut the wheel left/right and drove it in reverse/forward, and I can report absolutely NO rubbing. So far, I've driven about 100 miles and no issues.

The Ridgeline looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with beefier tires. They're a little louder than the stock tires, but not by much.

I'm looking forward for Truxx to come out with their leveling kit to give the front a bit more room.
Hello Jigaloo, I am writing from Chile, south-america.
I live in a city in extreme north of Chile, city is in middle of a dessert, (considered world driest one), a paradise for practicing 4x4.
Here it is not that easy finding kits and workshops for lifting Ridglines, therefore whatever tire I chose for installing on pickup will have to be keeping factory floor clearance, (at least for a while).
I recently acquired an RTL 2021 that comes with 245/60/R18 as you probably know, (firestone destination AT), and I am strongly tempted to install BFG K02 265/60/R18.
Since you seems to be only one experienced in BFG K02 265/60/R18 without having lifted Ridgeline, and assuming room around wheels are exactly the same in your 2018 and in mine 2021, what do you think?, should I go for BFG K02 265/60/R18?, without hesitation?.

681 - 700 of 729 Posts