Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
701 - 720 of 729 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport HPD, Truxxx 1.5" Leveling Kit front/Traxda 1" rear. Safe, and audio.
14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport HPD, Truxxx 1.5" Leveling Kit front/Traxda 1" rear. Safe, and audio.
14 Posts
How's the MPG impact so far?
According to the instrument panel, It's at 19.5 (down from 19.7). I didn't reset anything tho. Not sure if that would make a difference in the reading. It took about a week to start dropping . Hope it stays there. I also read on another post that someone lost 1.5 mpg with the JSport plateau roof rack which makes me nervous because I'm waiting on JSport to ship some items. Still others say the loss from the tires is not accurate because the computer still thinks the stock tires are on there. I may have to get the true mileage from the pump data after a couple of fill-ups when I have everything installed. I'll post results.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The wheels went from 55MM offset to 45MM offset. That could possibly make the rub/no rub difference. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline EX-L
12 Posts
Really thinking about joining the club with my 2021.
Got my eyes on some 18” gloss black wheels and I wanna wrap them in the 265 Pirelli’s I think.
Wheel specs are 18x8.5, 42mm offset. Anyone think there will be any rubbing issues with the 265s on these?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Really thinking about joining the club with my 2021.
Got my eyes on some 18” gloss black wheels and I wanna wrap them in the 265 Pirelli’s I think.
Wheel specs are 18x8.5, 42mm offset. Anyone think there will be any rubbing issues with the 265s on these?
View attachment 416411
I was told if the diameter of those tires are more than 30.5, you will rub. But I'm sure someone can attest to this

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline EX-L
12 Posts
We'd need to know the tire size.

265/45?
265/50?
265/55?
265/60?
265/65?
sorry, 265/60. Pretty much the 265 that everyone has been going with in this thread. Problem is some people are using OEM wheels pre 21 so they are +55 offset. Some people are using 21 so they are +45 offset. Some people are using aftermarket wheels. Some people using lift kits. So I have gotten less confident in my decision to go with them now.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline EX-L
12 Posts
I was told if the diameter of those tires are more than 30.5, you will rub. But I'm sure someone can attest to this
But it sounds like from this thread that some people have no issues, and some people do. And the brand of tire seems to also matter even though they are all 265/60/18

·
Registered
2021 RTL
3 Posts
Joined the club a few days ago! With 1.5/1" front / rear lift on Cooper Discoverer at3 4s tires. View attachment 415482 View attachment 415483 View attachment 415485 View attachment 415486 Another member mentioned no rub with these and they are just under 40 lbs . I detect no rub and they are quiet. View attachment 415491 View attachment 415492 View attachment 415493 View attachment 415494
Thanks for posting this kr1919. Great looking truck. I'm the proud owner of a 21 RTL and am about to follow your lead with lift and tires. If you have time - couple of questions: It's been a few months - any rubbing that you've experienced (on full turn/lock of steering possibly)? Anything that would prevent you from doing this mod again - ie...no lift, different tires? Would you happen to know if the backspacing on these HPD wheels is greater than the standard for the 21 (+45MM - can't seem to find anything online that says they are different) So many folks experiencing different things here, greatly appreciate anything you're able to share with the combo you have now that its been some time. Hope Ida was kind to your area - thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I may have to get the true mileage from the pump data after a couple of fill-ups when I have everything installed. I'll post results.

When you calculate from the pump data don't forget that the larger-diameter tires mean you now travel 3% further than is indicated by the odometer (which assumes you have the factory-size 245/60 tires), so you need to multiply your miles traveled on that tank by 3% more when doing your fuel calculation. A lot of people miss that.

Boring math:
Calculated circumference of a factory 245/60-18 tire = 92.9 inches (the vehicle travels 92.9 inches for every full revolution of the tire)
Calculated circumference of the new 265/60-18 tire = 95.8 inches (the vehicle now travels 95.8 inches for every full revolution of the tire)
95.8 / 92.9 = 1.03 (3% more)

·
Registered
2021 RTL
3 Posts
Jumped in today. This is before. It's a 2021 RTL - somehow it ended up with these wheels which I believe are from the Sport trim. I liked them so opted to keep them vs heading into aftermarket wheels.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Had the folks of Parker Honda in Morehead City, NC install the jsport 1.5" front, 3/4" rear leveling kit (their name). They put on 265/60/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 for me post install with the mutual expectation being there would be some rub. Somehow, they don't rub. Uneducated guess is that the 2021 wheels being offset at 45mm leave just enough room, even after the small lift is installed - along with the Coopers being a moderate all terrain tire so they aren't as blocky as other more aggressive tires.
This is after:
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

(camera work is obviously not my strength - hopefully the difference shows)
Questions I've seen that I thought helped in my decision:
Why these tires? Have these tires on several other vehicles, love the way they ride and they perform well where we live - which is a barrier island in NC - lot of shifting sand. They are slightly heavier than OEM, time will tell on long term effects.
I feel fortunate that this setup doesn't rub. The parts manager at the dealership had a 17 - jsport leveling kit (only the front) - 265/60/18 combo (Falken Wildpeaks) and when he had original offset rims - no rub. He got aftermarket wheels with same tires and suddenly there is a rub at full lock. Very minor he says but it's noticeable when you reach that point it's rubbing.
What I've done to try to make things rub. Since the dealer didn't have much inventory on the lot, I cranked the wheel and tried like hell to get things to rub - full lock turns, backing up full lock, even drove over a slight drop into the gravel lot to see if I'd get a grind. Nothing.
MPG - I opted to drive to someone familiar with the install and had prior experience. That ended up being 4hrs from home. Nice mix of driving with open highway at 70mph and country roads 35-55mph. On the way down - 27MPG according to the truck. On the way back with the new setup - 26MPG - little more stop and go in one section, but regardless, for me it's a fair trade. I'm pretty stoked on these numbers honestly - I came out of a 07 Jeep Wrangler - that trip would have been 16MPG at best and beaten me to death.
Ride Quality - again, from what I was driving to this vehicle is already an enormous jump but post lift, thing still rides just as nice. Used the LKAS and ACC while rolling home and they worked flawlessly. No adjustments needed that I can tell, but also haven't driven at night so nobody has flashed me to let me know the lights may be higher.
JSport kit vs the others - Frankly if I had anyone within 100miles of me that was even interested in tackling this, may have gone a different route. But these folks actually knowing what I was talking about and referencing other vehicles they had done, was nice piece of mind. Being "near" factory specs was also a consideration and frankly likely what I'll use as an excuse if things ever break down prematurely.
How much lift? I wasn't thinking and forgot to measure and take pictures before the trip. However I was able to do a test at a spot near my house. On the way home I hit a little pull out that winds back from the highway to a beach area. It's all sand, about 50/50 hard pack sand and the other very loamy, fine sand that will bog down a vehicle easily. The truck has been back there several times and does well, however there was the noticeable drag of the front spoiler in the sand at the deeper sections. After the lift, no dragging in those areas. So that's a win as this is primarily the "off-roading" this truck will be doing for the 10% of the time it's not driving itself down the highway in quiet comfort.
Post my very unscientific test of height gained from lift and tires:
Tire Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle

Deeply appreciate all the posts/commentary/pictures and banter on the ROC. So helpful.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Between the lift and tires, about 2" would be the front height increase.

Reactions: cburger55

·
Registered
344 Posts
sorry, 265/60. Pretty much the 265 that everyone has been going with in this thread. Problem is some people are using OEM wheels pre 21 so they are +55 offset. Some people are using 21 so they are +45 offset. Some people are using aftermarket wheels. Some people using lift kits. So I have gotten less confident in my decision to go with them now.
Stock wheels are 8" wide. Your wheels are 8.5" wide. If you were to compare yours to stock, your wheels stick out the same amount as a stock wheel at a 37mm offset. I hope that makes sense.

I used to think that increasing the tire's radius was the primary factor for rubbing. I now think that wheel offset is ALMOST equally as important.

So you are increasing the tire radius by about 0.5". And the wheel offset is pushing the wheel out almost 0.7". You might be cutting it pretty close. It sucks that you never know for sure until you get the tires mounted. I guess another option is 255/60/18 to play it a little safer. Good luck (if you haven't already made a purchase).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took advantage of Discount Tire‘s $110 off a set of Michelin’s and have this combo on order.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Brand

Scheduled for install next Friday. Going on a 21 BE that I just picked up last Thursday. I’ll post pics and driving impressions as soon as I get it home.

Should be a perfect fit and give me about 11mm more poke.

Slope Parallel Font Rectangle Diagram

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline EX-L
12 Posts
I took advantage of Discount Tire‘s $110 off a set of Michelin’s and have this combo on order.

View attachment 417534

Scheduled for install next Friday. Going on a 21 BE that I just picked up last Thursday. I’ll post pics and driving impressions as soon as I get it home.

Should be a perfect fit and give me about 11mm more poke.

View attachment 417535
Can I have your factory black edition wheels? 😁

701 - 720 of 729 Posts