Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
721 - 740 of 790 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
215 Posts
I’m now a 265 club member

NEW SHOES
Today I put a set of 265/50/19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus II on my new 19”x 9.5” w/ +34 offset wheels. First impression. These tires are quieter than the stock OEM tires. They handle extremely well on the highway and twisting back roads. They are a little stiffer when hitting a bump. Meaning, the bump is slightly more noticeable over the stock tires. Absolutely no rubbing anywhere. This combo looks killer! I love the new attitude it gives off.

EDIT: see full story here….

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
2017 AWD SPORT
389 Posts
I’m now a 265 club member

NEW SHOES
Today I put a set of 265/50/19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus II on my new 19”x 9.5” w/ +34 offset wheels. First impression. These tires are quieter than the stock OEM tires. They handle extremely well on the highway and twisting back roads. They are a little stiffer when hitting a bump. Meaning, the bump is slightly more noticeable over the stock tires. Absolutely no rubbing anywhere. This combo looks killer! I love the new attitude it gives off.

View attachment 417735
Looks awesome. Do you have any pics going up the side of the truck to show how much the wheels/tires stick out? Unless I'm confused, I think your setup should stick out about 1.5" more than stock. That's gotta look bada$$. Are you close to rubbing, or do you have a lot of clearance? I'm curious to know if I've been giving people bad advice, or not. : )

Edit:. Just saw your other thread. I thought those wheels looked familiar.

·
Registered
2021 RTL
5 Posts
I want to put Falcon Wildpeaks 265 60 18 on a 2021 black edition with taxdra 2 inch front 1 inch rear leveling kit.

Can anyone for sure say this will or will not rub?

Thanks.
Can't say with 100% guarantee but if you stuck with the stock wheels, I'd be willing to go 99.8% sure that you won't have a rub. (Birchman17 appears to be 0.02% more confident than I am) I have the same size tires - stock 2021 wheels - and roughly the same lift (1 3/4" front - 1" back) - to date - no rub (even when trying to get things to rub). Approach it with the possibility of a rub at full lock and when it doesn't rub - you'll be just that much happier with the setup. Good luck -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't say with 100% guarantee but if you stuck with the stock wheels, I'd be willing to go 99.8% sure that you won't have a rub. (Birchman17 appears to be 0.02% more confident than I am) I have the same size tires - stock 2021 wheels - and roughly the same lift (1 3/4" front - 1" back) - to date - no rub (even when trying to get things to rub). Approach it with the possibility of a rub at full lock and when it doesn't rub - you'll be just that much happier with the setup. Good luck -
Wonderful. I will be using stock wheels. Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took advantage of Discount Tire‘s $110 off a set of Michelin’s and have this combo on order.

View attachment 417534

Scheduled for install next Friday. Going on a 21 BE that I just picked up last Thursday. I’ll post pics and driving impressions as soon as I get it home.

Should be a perfect fit and give me about 11mm more poke.

View attachment 417535
Here you go, those wheels and tires mounted on a 21 Black Edition. Absolutely no rub. Ride quality is spectacular, smoother then the stock with much more precise steering and extremely high grip. Pretty much unable to break them loose without getting stupid and their breakaway is very linear. 100% satisfied with my choice.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dammit, I'll say it.

Surely, those will not rub.

This is assuming you are mounting on the stock wheels.

Good luck.
Okay so to clarify Im hoping to either put the falken wild peak A/T3W or the falken wild peak M/T on stock 18 wheels. I like the BF Goodrich Ko2s but read they are too heavy
And doing a 2 inch front and 1 inch rear leveling kit. Can anyone speak to specifically those tires and rubbing possibility. I originally thought there was only one Wild Peak tire but there are a few different tread options those 2 being the most rugged. Also can anyone recommend a good brand for a 2 front 1 rear leveling kit? thinking traxda. at first thought J sport but 1.5 not quite enough. j sport says their 1.5 is the only kit that doesnt screw up geometry. I'll see what traxda says about theirs.

·
Registered
2017 AWD SPORT
389 Posts
Looks awesome. Are your wheels 8" wide? Also, do you know the wheel offset? I've recently decided that wheel offset is almost as important as tire size for rubbing issues.

I'm still getting used to the black rear-window trim and mirrors on the 2021's. I do think it goes great with the red. The black mirrors/rear window trim give it a less formal/sportier look, imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks awesome. Are your wheels 8" wide? Also, do you know the wheel offset? I've recently decided that wheel offset is almost as important as tire size for rubbing issues.

I'm still getting used to the black rear-window trim and mirrors on the 2021's. I do think it goes great with the red. The black mirrors/rear window trim give it a less formal/sportier look, imo.
Thanks! And yea the wheels are 8" wide with a 38 offset

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mounted the new BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A 265/60 R18s yesterday so will post back once I get them on snow here in Boise. Slight noise increase and no rub yet. Looks like contact width went from 8.5 to 9”.

Stoked to have a quieter BFG alternative to KO2s for forest service roads. Posting measurements and sorry for the lighting. Ordered online from Costco and paid 206 per tire and had them put the White lettering facing in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

721 - 740 of 790 Posts