Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Truckin' said:
Looks nice and I like what you said on the back. I caught a typo, should be stories, not stores.
Grrrr! Well, I guess I'll leave it at that & chalk it up to Jason B, H and A, et al. ;)

But seriously, thanks! It was an excuse to change the front layout so the logo is at the top, too!

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Ah, just correct it on your next batch. I trust that you'll go through your stash faster than you think. We had out cards quite often.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Good call! :p I'll leave my error so others know what you spotted. It's far from my only error on the ROC.

It's always good to have another set of eyes. I never can proof my own stuff, but other people's typing catches my attention. I'll proof you if you proof me. ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I didn't know there was a brochure. I just printed out a copy and folded it. Now I need to find another Ridgeline to put it on. They are scarce in these here parts. Next time I go to the big city I know I will see some more Ridgelines.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I never knew such a card existed. Can whom ever made the original, create a higher quality pdf (adobe reader format) and post it here so I and others can print a higher resolution (not so blurry) version of it. Maybe take off the Gulf Coast event listing for those of us not out there.

Many Thanks,

WB1DBY in New England

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I saw several RLs earlier this week. No Ridgeline decals visible.:( Did talk to a lady from GA that was driving a RT, with after market sun roof, NAV, seat covers, etc. Looked as good as my RTL!!:cool: Did tell her to log on to our webstite; she had never heard of us. Wish I had had a card to give her.:(

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I still got some cards left from Truckin'. If you all want some, you're gonna have to come to the Sedona/Grand Canyon Meet next April! I'm sure Pam will bring some more! :p

·
Registered
268 Posts
OK Shen you win I have been looking for that PDF file for almost 4 hours and like you I am addicted to this Club.

ROC on Kevin

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think Monday the 23rd was Black Ridge day here in the Pioneer Valley of W. Mass. My son and I counted 6 of them that we saw. The only non-black one was the cherry one we were driving in. Very strange. And no stickers in any of them.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I just tracked down the ROC Brochure and was going to print several copies, but I noticed that some of the info is out of date. Examples....
1. "...the #1 resource for information about the new truck from Honda - the 2006 Ridgeline." Shouldn't the reference to the "2006 Ridgeline" be updated?

2. "We now have over 1,500 members." Seems I remember reading that we now have hundreds more members. Shouldn't this figure be updated?

The person (people?) who initially put this borchure together did an excellent job. GREATLY appreciated! Is there any way to get the brochure downloaded to an MSWord file....so we can make our own updates? This may be simple to do, but I can't figure it out. TIA!

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Keep begging. Maybe you'll have better luck. If you look back through this thread you'll see a long standing refrain asking for brochures and business cards templates. You'll probably find that it's faster to make your own from scratch.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I just tracked down the ROC Brochure and was going to print several copies, but I noticed that some of the info is out of date. Examples....
1. "...the #1 resource for information about the new truck from Honda - the 2006 Ridgeline." Shouldn't the reference to the "2006 Ridgeline" be updated?

2. "We now have over 1,500 members." Seems I remember reading that we now have hundreds more members. Shouldn't this figure be updated?

The person (people?) who initially put this borchure together did an excellent job. GREATLY appreciated! Is there any way to get the brochure downloaded to an MSWord file....so we can make our own updates? This may be simple to do, but I can't figure it out. TIA!

How big is the brochure? Send it to me and I'll retype it using whatever software necessary. Microsoft Word or even Microsoft Publisher if necessary. Then will have a editable softcopy. :) Unless there are copyright concerns???

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Bruce, there are two or three links to versions of brochures that members have created over the years in earlier posts on this thread. In post #6, Sheniferous (who hasn't posted since 2/06 and took the initiative to begin this thread) got the go ahead from T Mac to use the new logo. It would still be prudent to send T Mac a note asking permission to use the logo on a new brochure. It's courteous and will avoid problems should his opinion of our use of the logo to promote his club has changed since granting Sheniferous that permission.

My suggestion would be to open those links to get an idea of what previous brochures looked like and then just use your creativity and new information to make your own version. It would be a service to many members to take on this project. I appreciate your offer to take this task on.

My experience with trying to print out the previous brochures was that I had trouble with my printer hitting the very narrow margins precisely, so I request that you leave a tiny bit more open space for each panel.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks Pam, I will ask T-Mac for permission and look for the other brochures on this thread. And I'll make sure the margins are not as narrow. I did a little searching but came up empty. Thanks for the heads up! :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I downloaded all 3 of the brochures found on this thread. Thanks again Pam. Tonight I'll print them and make a decision as to which one I like the best. At first glance, they all look pretty easy to re-create. The hard part was creating them to begin with. Does anyone have a preference as to which brochure I should use? Regardless, I'll re-created it with the latest ROC information. I assume you all want them created in Word (Publisher would be so much easier - but whatever you guys want is fine).

T-Mac, I'll send you a copy and get approval (hopefully:D) before making the final version public. If you have any newer graphics or ideas, now would be a good time to send them to me. I'll try and jam this out over the next couple of days.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts
About this Discussion
110 Replies
52 Participants
karlhans
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing