Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I downloaded all 3 of the brochures found on this thread. Thanks again Pam. Tonight I'll print them and make a decision as to which one I like the best. At first glance, they all look pretty easy to re-create. The hard part was creating them to begin with. Does anyone have a preference as to which brochure I should use? Regardless, I'll re-created it with the latest ROC information. I assume you all want them created in Word (Publisher would be so much easier - but whatever you guys want is fine).

T-Mac, I'll send you a copy and get approval (hopefully:D) before making the final version public. If you have any newer graphics or ideas, now would be a good time to send them to me. I'll try and jam this out over the next couple of days.
Bruce, you're VERY nice to do this! I printed out a brochure a few months ago, but it's so terribly out of date that I hate to hand it to anyone interesting in a Ridgeline. I really appreciate your updating this.

Frank (Pug on the ROC) was gracious enough to send me his template for printing some ROC business cards. Pug's template worked out great, and now I have some nice cards I can give folks or leave one on their vehicle. Seems that updates to all this stuff come from members like Bruce who are willing to take the time to make it happen. No real magic to it....just folks who are willing to make the effort. Thanks, Bruce!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Bruce, you're VERY nice to do this! I printed out a brochure a few months ago, but it's so terribly out of date that I hate to hand it to anyone interesting in a Ridgeline. I really appreciate your updating this.

Frank (Pug on the ROC) was gracious enough to send me his template for printing some ROC business cards. Pug's template worked out great, and now I have some nice cards I can give folks or leave one on their vehicle. Seems that updates to all this stuff come from members like Bruce who are willing to take the time to make it happen. No real magic to it....just folks who are willing to make the effort. Thanks, Bruce!
Tcape, Thanks for the kind words ! It's a matter of having the right tools and knowing how to use them. This is really a pretty simple project that I enjoy doing.

First off, I have gotten T Mac's blessing on this.

Everyone, attached is a prototype. Please download it and check it out. I choose the brochure that had some Arizona pictures in it. Gee why would I do that? :D Regardless, this didn't take to long so I would be happy to look at the other brochures as well. If anyone has any suggestions or find any misspellings (heaven forbid) please let me know! I really haven't changed much on this brochure. Just some of the year specific or membership specific information. I would like to reword the 2 membership sentences so that they don't include any reference to a membership count. Hopefully some of you can come up with some good verbiage for me.

My upload exceeded the web sites maximum (by 8k can you believe it). So I have divided the brochure into 2 downloads.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Bruce - EOC has "about 30,000 members" now. ;)

Good stuff.
I believe you but.... I went to that site and the members area and it said 26,000 and some. I'll change the brochure to 30,000. How many members in the ROC? I sure wish I could figure out a way to avoid putting a number in. Maybe I'll just remove the entire sentence.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Bruce, it looks so much nicer! I didn't try printing it out. I'll do that on the weekend to make sure it comes out OK on my Mac.

I think getting rid of the member count for ROC and EOC is a good idea. Maybe say something like them being international clubs with tens of thousands of members.

I'd like to see the testimonial panel updated to new comments or changed to some other information. The first comment is especially dated.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Bruce, it looks so much nicer! I didn't try printing it out. I'll do that on the weekend to make sure it comes out OK on my Mac.

I think getting rid of the member count for ROC and EOC is a good idea. Maybe say something like them being international clubs with tens of thousands of members.

I'd like to see the testimonial panel updated to new comments or changed to some other information. The first comment is especially dated.
Thanks Pam, I like your comments. 10's of thousands of members does sound good. I think I can work that in. I'll try and find something to replace the testimonials with. Perhaps other people can chime in with some good quotes. I've only been with the club for a year and I would like quotes with more tenure. Hey Pam, you've been with the club a long time, why don't you give me a quote.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great Job! Bruce, I have been spreading your brochure all around Northern Florida for the past year (old edition) and plum ran out. I've been trying to find your brochure for weeks so I could print out more....VOILA....found ya :) and an up-dated color version at that! Very nice...very cool...afterall, we are a COOL bunch with COOL TRUCKS! :D Thanks for helping us all in getting new comers and taking YOUR time to make it happen! We'll pick it up from here! ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
I believe you but.... I went to that site and the members area and it said 26,000 and some. I'll change the brochure to 30,000. How many members in the ROC? I sure wish I could figure out a way to avoid putting a number in. Maybe I'll just remove the entire sentence.
Bruce,

One area of the brochure says for 2009 there are about 14,000 members (under Overview). As of this writing, current count is 15,656 but I'm sure that's a variable number.

Might want to check that too and make it somewhat general in nature (thousands of members?).

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Bruce,

One area of the brochure says for 2009 there are about 14,000 members (under Overview). As of this writing, current count is 15,656 but I'm sure that's a variable number.

Might want to check that too and make it somewhat general in nature (thousands of members?).
Thanks everyone for the feed back. I will re-visit the Brochure this evening to make it more general. I agree with everyone, I don't like putting a time stamp on the text by quoting hard numbers. If I can't come up with good verbiage, I'll past the text in here and get some help.:)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Bruce, just an EXCELLENT job! I'll print this out as soon as you give the word that it's the "final version."

I have a few copies of the old version of the brochure, and I've been very hesitant to hand them out because they're so out of date. Thanks VERY much for updating it. Hey, you get an "A" for the day...week...month...year!

Your effort is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Tom

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks again guys! I'm actually having fun with this project. Tonight I've removed the verbiage that has hard numbers in it, so that shouldn't bite us in the butt again. What I'm looking for now are some newer testimonials. Feel free to send me a quote and I'll include as many as I can in the brochure.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Here is the latest brochure. I received a testimonial from Truckin' and added one from myself. I also modified the text in such a way that it doesn't date the brochure. I won't call this one final until I get approval from you all. Let me know if I need to change anything. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Here is the latest brochure. I received a testimonial from Truckin' and added one from myself. I also modified the text in such a way that it doesn't date the brochure. I won't call this one final until I get approval from you all. Let me know if I need to change anything. :D
Looks Great Bruce, Great job. Only comment would be maybe update the pictures as well?
Again thanks, I will print copies once we have the final approval.;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks great can't wait to hand it out!

I have one comment the last little yellow block on the 2nd page with the web address in it does not print well.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Good comments. I'll change the yellow box and update the pictures.:)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Nicely done Bruce!

Throughout the presentation, it's evident that this was a "labor of love". :cool:

Thanks for posting it!
Would it be OK to print some out for my dealer to distribute? (Just a few.)

I left a couple of the old ones there "way back when", and I'm sure the salesman who sold me my Ridge would welcome this FRESH, NEW Brochure! :)

Not sure if it would be a "proper" thing to do, though... any reason why I shouldn't leave them at a dealership? I'd appreciate any differing opinions...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Bruce, just an excellent job. As I said earlier, things like this are just a matter of one person deciding to make things better...as you have done. Thanks very much for your work, and just let us know when you're satisfied with the final result so we can print it out and give it to folks we'd like to have it.

I was just thinking today about all the people on this forum who love their Ridgelines, and how crummy a job Honda is doing advertising this truck. Sure seems like Honda would tap into a source like this forum to reinforce how much people love the Ridgeline. But hey, that's a topic for another day. In the meantime, thank you, Bruce for such great work. If Honda isn't spreading the word on the Ridgeline, we sure can.
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Nice job Bruce. It's odd to see my statement on this brochure. Is this my fifteen minutes of fame?

Mine printed the right front panel too far too the right. It cuts off the round part of the 'b' in Club and the 9 in 2009 in the photo. Can you scoot that to the left just a bit? I really like the website printed in the spine.

On the inside I have two requests. I agree that the yellow panel is too hard to read. Make it as wide as the photo above it and increase the font size as much as you can inside that space. Those of us with old eyes appreciate large font.

The second is just a pet peeve of mine. I dislike hyphenations. You've got plenty of open space by each paragraph that you could eliminate all the hyphens.

The balance and the color of the brochure are excellent! This will be a pleasure to hand out.

Thanks for your effort! :D

81 - 100 of 112 Posts