Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 2017 Ridgeline search at 8:30 this morning. Went to one dealer and test drove a RTL that was silver. The bed was shallow but longer and wider than my Colorado so that was good. The cab had a good bit of room so that was good. It drive like a champ and had great acceleration. The 5" display was terrible. It made the back up camera almost useless. Told them to let me know when they had a Blue or Red RTL-T.
Went to another dealer and test drove a Black Edition. The 8" display was fantastic and the back sliding window was too. It seemed to have a lot of room in the back cab and I found out why. There was very little leg room up front or at least it seemed that way to me. Did not like this one in the least.
Called the dealer I wanted to buy one from but they had not received any yet and weren't going to get any today.
Started calling other deals in a 50 mile radius. They were selling them as they came off the truck. I remembered one other newer dealer that I saw a commercial for. They had two RTL-T. One was white FWD and one red AWD. Went to test drive and bought the red one. Love everything about it so far. Paid MSRP and got there right before they were going to add $1500 of dealer add-ons.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
test drove a Black Edition. There was very little leg room up front or at least it seemed that way to me. Did not like this one in the least.

I remembered one other newer dealer that I saw a commercial for. They had two RTL-T. One was white FWD and one red AWD. Went to test drive and bought the red one. Love everything about it so far.
Aren't the interiors of the Black Edition and the RTL-T basically identical with the exception of the color and the lighting? This is the first that I have heard that the leg room is different in the Black Edition and the RTL-T.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aren't the interiors of the Black Edition and the RTL-T basically identical with the exception of the color and the lighting? This is the first that I have heard that the leg room is different in the Black Edition and the RTL-T.
They are supposed to be, but there was a difference. Maybe the dealer forgot to remove something when getting the vehicle ready.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should have used the front seat adjustment to move the seat back a little?
That was the first thing I did when I got in the vehicle. The person that drove it to where they were displaying it must have been short because I could not get behind the wheel without moving the seat back. I tried to move it back when I noticed the leg room but it wouldn't move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts