Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is great!

Go through the process of having this vendor fill your order promptly . . .have the item arrive at your door super quick . . .unpack and install the unit in under a half hour and stand back and say to yourself in amazement . . .

"THAT'S IT?????"

There is no drilling on the G2. (Unless you want to drill the drain plugs)

As long as you have a T50 and T40 Torx ready, as well as a philips screwdriver, the process could not be simpler.

It would also be easier if there was a second set of hands when placing the unit on the frame as well as to push the fastening bolts down as you tighten things up. But it can be a one man project to the "change your own oil" type".

If your looking for a practical, definitely attractive, versitile, simple to install hard-cover that has an OEM look to it. . . (as well as no hassle, reliable, fast shipping from the sponsor) the Bakflip is something definitely worth considering.

Price wise, I wouldn't say the Bakflip G2 is a screaming bargain for the Ridge owner; however with the site advertised 50 dollar discount and free shipping, I would say the unit it is priced on the mid to top-end of "a fair price".

Note: If one or two of the cover locks don't engage the first few days before the unit seats itself on the weather stripping, just make a fist and rap on the cover above the lock and it will click into place.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Just a note, the longer and more vague a sales pitch is, the less interested I become. We are Ridgeline owners after all - we're not stupid. Show us your pictures and let us make up our own minds.

After re-reading this, I guess I'm sounding a little pissy this afternoon. Sorry about that. It was a colorful endorsement.

It does look nice but at $795 it better be installed by the Hooters girls. :eek: I know tonneau covers are expensive but dang.

Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya I dropped my mouse on Hooters Girls / Bakflip... What else did this thread say? :eek:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
So now I go to Austrailia and the Hooter girls will install my backflip cover? How about a tailgate seal?
I don't care who it is, no one goes near my tail... oh... gate... I thought... um... nevermind. :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest . . .

I rather see Ridgeline owning gals in their swimsuits frolicking about whilst they lather up and wet down their rigs after they just finished installing their Bakflip's with their own personal set of shiny Snap On Tools . . .

<shiver>

Now THAT"S a woman!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts