Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was running an errand today, I saw what appeared to be a Black RTL with some chrome pulled over by a motorcycle cop.

The driver was giving the cop the "tour". :) The tailgate was swung out, and the trunk was open... :D

I hope he got off without a ticket, of course, he might have been using the trunk as "the cooler"... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sweet! I did the same tour for a park ranger a month back. It's funny to see the stress of being approached by an authority figure replaced by the glee of finding out that said figure only wants to check out your truck. Of course, this situation might be a case of "damned Ridgeline," but I hope not. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ah. I remember fondly the evening a cop pulled me over for speeding in my first Passat. He was super impressed by the dashboard lights, among other things. Not impressed enough to skip the ticket though.

I hoping that the red color of my new Ridge doesn't get me in trouble with Johnny Law. I tend to push it pretty hard.

Any research on what colors tend to draw the most attention?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Embo_9 said:
Any research on what colors tend to draw the most attention?
I can only pass on my experience:
I was driving, OK-speeding, down the road in my red prelude, when I was passed by another car as we passed an officer parked, hidden in the median.

As the officer pulled out I moved to the side to allow them to continue after the person that passed me.

To my surprise, I was pulled over. When asked for my documentation, I questioned, "Why did you pull me over when that other car was passing me?"

the response was, "My alarm went off and I saw a red car". I said, "Well, that seems far", in a slightly sarcastic voice.

I luckily got off with a warning.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dnucci said:
I can only pass on my experience:
I was driving, OK-speeding, down the road in my red prelude, when I was passed by another car as we passed an officer parked, hidden in the median.

As the officer pulled out I moved to the side to allow them to continue after the person that passed me.

To my surprise, I was pulled over. When asked for my documentation, I questioned, "Why did you pull me over when that other car was passing me?"

the response was, "My alarm went off and I saw a red car". I said, "Well, that seems far", in a slightly sarcastic voice.

I luckily got off with a warning.

Uh oh. I'm in trouble.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I work on a government installation and have had three different policemen stop me to talk about the Ridgeline. Two were at the gate and one came up in the parking lot for the full tour. It was a good way to meet these guys who have been looking out for us for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts