Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This engine bay belongs to a 68 Camaro headed to the SEMA show in a few days.
AreTheySerious.jpg
Asking price is $130,000.

It's already obscene what $ has done to the car hobby. There should be laws against this B.S.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
idk..that just shows the car isn't a show queen... or its gunna be detailed when it gets to the show...

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk..that just shows the car isn't a show queen... or its gunna be detailed when it gets to the show...
Nice hardware. Pretty paint. Straight metal. Way better than the factory ever built for sure.

Wires, hoses and general assembly slop that made me gag. Look at the red wire snaking around split loom in front of the radiator support. And the ignition wires, and the.... <barf>. $130K better bring perfection.

Course, I dont care cuz it's outta my league anyhow, but SHEESH.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
This engine bay belongs to a 68 Camaro headed to the SEMA show in a few days.
View attachment 206873
Asking price is $130,000.

It's already obscene what $ has done to the car hobby. There should be laws against this B.S.
It's the American way, for better or worse.

That price tells me we either need to see way more of the car
or
They don't really intend to sell
or
Yes you can have it if you are that rich and stupid.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Having seen what cars like this are going for, I'm not surprised. I'd say that's a "sure it's for sale" we'll just build another when we get home. That's probably a 25-30k crate motor setup. If it was built in a rush, NITTO, just threw a bunch of money at it to make it happen. Therefore, there is a lot of money tied up in it. As my boss says, "It's either time or money", implying add extra of either and we can make anything happen.

As for the picture, Well, SEMA started Monday, those look like they are from somewhere before SEMA. Considering it's suppose to be a Auto-Cross setup, some of that may not have been finished before the pics were taken. And this doesn't sound like its a garage/trailer queen either. I was able to find some pics of it in Las Vegas, but of the side & rear.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI: link to a yahoo article on this car is buried in the price, under the OP engine bay photo. The yahoo write up links to an ebay listing, with thorough build description and lots of images of this fully updated classic ride.

I'd guess the builder spent considerable time prepping it for the photo shoot. If those images were meant to bring the greatest number of high bids, they probably thought the vehicle was SEMA worthy. If it's at the show in the same condition as the ebay images, NITTO could have selected a more detailed vehicle to sponsor.

All that updated modern hardware and electronics are overshadowed by a cosmetic jumble under the hood, IMO. It's a crime, I tell ya!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ok engine bay could have been tidied up a bit. I didn't see the 130k under the picture..that changes my view. And after seeing the outside...a beautiful ride that deserves to be driven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts