Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Things that you might want to bring to the meet.

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  T Mac 
#1 ·
I am trying to make a note of the things that I am going to bring to the meet that will help to make Saturday (the day at the dealership) a more enjoyable day. I thought I would share it with you. Please add anything that I forgot.

1. A cooler or a trunk full of ice.
2. Something to eat during the day. - Last year it was quite a hike to Subway. Once you get to the dealership, you won't want to leave.
3. Lots of water or your drink of choice. (Non alcoholic drink of choice.)
4. Folding Chairs
5. Sunblock
6. Bug spray
7. An umbrella
8. Your camera
9. A plastic bag for trash.
10. Any silverware you might need for your snacks or food.

PS. I will bring a 12' X 20' tent for everyone to sit under so everyone can have a place to sit in the shade :) or out of the rain. :(

#2 ·
Just an FYI, Huey's Honda will be setting up their grill to provide us with food. Hotdogs, brats, chips, ect. They will also have drinks available, but it never hurts to have water and stuff (I was very grateful for the water people shared with me last year!).

From what I remember when we drove by the dealership, and it has been a couple of months, I don't recall seeing any food places next to it. Although, there are probably some not too far down the road. Subway was definitely a hike last year!

#3 ·
I am trying to make a note of the things that I am going to bring to the meet that will help to make Saturday (the day at the dealership) a more enjoyable day. I thought I would share it with you. Please add anything that I forgot.

1. A cooler or a trunk full of ice.
2. Something to eat during the day. - Last year it was quite a hike to Subway. Once you get to the dealership, you won't want to leave.
4. Folding Chairs
5. Sunblock
6. Bug spray
7. An umbrella
8. Your camera
10. Any silverware you might need for your snacks or food.

PS. I will bring a 12' X 20' tent for everyone to sit under so everyone can have a place to sit in the shade :) or out of the rain. :(
11. Baseball cap or hat
12. Shades :cool:

P.S. I'll have my laptop (MacBook Pro with built-in CD burner) plus a stack of recordable CDs and a memory card reader (Compact Flash I&II, SD/MMC, Memory Stick Pro/Duo/Pro Duo and SM/XD) in case anyone with a digital camera would like to burn some of their pics onto CD to share with others.

#4 ·
2. Something to eat during the day.
4. Folding Chairs
5. Sunblock
6. Bug spray
7. An umbrella
8. Your camera
Not attending this year :)(), but what does it say about me that I have the above items in my RL at all times anyways?? :)

I might also add detailer spray and a microfiber. No bird droppings allowed in the group photo!

#6 ·
Shouldn't your Ridgeline be the #1 thing that you want to bring to the meet? :D

#8 ·
Just in Case you might want to put rain-gear on that list.

BTW I will be bringing my laptops and my printer to print a 4x6 of the Group shot for everyone on-site. Huey's has WiFi, but i do not know the range of the signal. We will be able to upload in realtime to the ROC, and have chats with those that can't make it.

There are not any restaurants near someone would have to drive to get something or order delivery. I'll have a large 3 gallon water cooler for anyone who wants it ( St. Louis tap water was voted best in the nation).

Hey Chris FYI Huey's does not have a field next to it like last year so the tent will have to go up on concrete. No place to put in tent stakes.

#10 ·
I got the bag folding chairs out of the basement last week & put them in the garage. The large cooler is ready it will ride in the back on the floor Iam going to get a block of ice that should last longer. Already got the sunblock at Walmart a few weeks ago. Need to get some bug spray my nephew will bring his camera I got mine also. I just need to pick up snacks & drinks for the road trip. Thanks for the reminder about rain gear I will pick some up to keep in the truck.

#11 ·
So if I understand it correctly, there won't be a need to bring anything except snacks and beverages (to keep from getting dehydrated of course) to Huey's Honda since they will be firing up their grill to provide some real food. :)

#12 ·
That's what I hear but I think there are some beverages going to be there, but always good to have your own as backup.

Hey Weatherman, I'd like to order clear skies and 84 degree days for St.Louis while we are there. ok? thanks! :cool:

#20 ·
Went to Wal-Mart this morning and got 2 flolding chairs and a case of beer. Did I miss anything?:) BTW, this was my first expeience with having to show a picture DL to purchase beer. I have been of legal age a heck of a lot longer than I have had Honda vehicles.:p

#22 ·
I'd suggest that one of the Texas members bring...

#25 ·
Okay, here is my list for the meet at the dealership:

Bug spray
Water and other non-alcholic drinks\
Food and snacks \ In a cooler of course
Umbrella
Two sets of chairs (In case someone wants to have a pow wow with me :eek: )
Change of clothes
Towel
Cleaning kit for the truck
Me, myself, and I
Oh yeah, extra Matchbox Ridgelines (Both Red and Blue) for those in need (While the supply lasts) :cool:

#26 ·
many bags of ice for beer (2 local flavors), lots of water, snacks, truck detail supplies, GPS, chair, camera, 7 blue matchboxes for those who need one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.