Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of similar threads for the G1, I figured I would start a similar thread for the G2. Here are two...

1. The RTL-E and Black Edition have a memory driver's seat and side mirrors. If you have the mirror control set to L or R, the corresponding mirror will tilt down in reverse. What surprised me was if you toggle between L and R while still in reverse you can tilt the other mirror - however, the one you switch away from tilts back up. They can't both tilt down at the same time.

2. While sitting in the garage with the ignition on and engine off, I heard a fan running under the hood. At first, I thought it was the radiator/condensor fans, but I had the climate control off. Upon closer inspection, I discovered the battery has a cooling fan mounted on the enclosure.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
In the spirit of similar threads for the G1, I figured I would start a similar thread for the G2. Here are two...

1. The RTL-E and Black Edition have a memory driver's seat and side mirrors. If you have the mirror control set to L or R, the corresponding mirror will tilt down in reverse. What surprised me was if you toggle between L and R while still in reverse you can tilt the other mirror - however, the one you switch away from tilts back up. They can't both tilt down at the same time.
Love this idea for a thread! Especially since you answered my question on the very day that I had it. I noticed the mirror today for the first time. I had known that this feature was part of the package but couldn't figure out how to turn it on. The positioning button was left on the left mirror and that mirror started dunking and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope this qualifies:

Being a "capless" fuel tank, you need to use the special funnel located in the in bed trunk spare wheel slot to decant gasoline from a gas can/bottle/container or "portable fuel container" as the manual words it!

Thing is...I just went to look for it I my new RTL-E .... and .....it's not there despite the sticker on the fuel cap and owners manual stating it was supplied and located in the trunk!

Can everyone please check to see if their emergency funnel was supplied and where it is located? I think I can see the cutout of where it was supposed to be in the styrofoam insert of the spare tire.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
I hope this qualifies:

Being a "capless" fuel tank, you need to use the special funnel located in the in bed trunk spare wheel slot to decant gasoline from a gas can/bottle/container or "portable fuel container" as the manual words it!

Thing is...I just went to look for it I my new RTL-E .... and .....it's not there despite the sticker on the fuel cap and owners manual stating it was supplied and located in the trunk!

Can everyone please check to see if their emergency funnel was supplied and where it is located? I think I can see the cutout of where it was supposed to be in the styrofoam insert of the spare tire.
Mine is there. I checked it about a week ago. It's wedged into the foam -like tool storage area that is wedged into the center of the spare. Mine was on the left side of that. It's kind of grayish white, as I recall. Maybe you should look again. I don't think it's being offered for sale yet, but I'm certain places like Bernardi Parts will have them in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I hope this qualifies:

Mine is there. I checked it about a week ago. It's wedged into the foam -like tool storage area that is wedged into the center of the spare. Mine was on the left side of that. It's kind of grayish white, as I recall. Maybe you should look again. I don't think it's being offered for sale yet, but I'm certain places like Bernardi Parts will have them in the near future.
Whoops. Bernardi parts has it now. It's PartNo: 17675-TG7-A01, NOZZLE, EMERGENCY. They sell it for $1.10.

17675-TG7-A01 | Honda NOZZLE, EMERGENCY - Bernardi Parts
Don't you dare buy that thing. That's on your dealer, and they should provide it to you without issue. Give them a call.

My guess is this may be part of vehicle prep that got overlooked. But even if it's not, they need to provide it to you gratis if it was never there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the front passenger seatbelt looks like can be disconnected from the anchor using a key or slim screedriver - kinda like the middle seat of a SUV or minivan to store the belt out the way.

I tried inserting the Ridgeline's key into the slot to test it out but it is too thick.

Can anyone see if they can insert something to find out if it is indeed a release mechanism.

What would you use this feature for? Removing the seat? Seems unlikely.
Did Honda just use what parts they had lying around?

·
Super Moderator
12,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MIA...

Also, anyone found a way to speed up getting rid of the obnoxious plastic smell in the in bed trunk?

The floor mats that come with the truck are also potent...
I haven't checked for my funnel yet. I've never ran out of gasoline in my life and can't understand how that even happens.

The trunk smell is definitely overwhelming! My entire garage smells like the fiberglass resin and paint chemicals used in a boat factory. :)

The carpeted floor mats do have that "new house carpet" smell. Mine were replaced by Honda all-weather mats before I left the dealer. The carpeted mats are tucked away in a closet.

This Ridgeline is the most unique-smelling new vehicle I've ever had. I only notice the plastic trunk/bed smell vs. the typical "new car" or leather smell. Then again, as often as I trade I've probably burned out my olfactory nerves. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is one thing people may not have noticed - on the instrument panel, the green accents on each side (outside of tachometer on left, outside of fuel & engine temp on right) fade to white (and maybe to another color) if you're driving aggressively.

With only a minute or two of searching online I couldn't find any details about this online, but next time you're accelerating take a look at how the color changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here is one thing people may not have noticed - on the instrument panel, the green accents on each side (outside of tachometer on left, outside of fuel & engine temp on right) fade to white (and maybe to another color) if you're driving aggressively.
Quite few newer Hondas with VCM have this.

·
Super Moderator
12,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

With only a minute or two of searching online I couldn't find any details about this online, but next time you're accelerating take a look at how the color changes.
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2017/Ridgeline/features/Eco-Assist-System

It is also described on page 9 of the Owner's Manual.

Quite few newer Hondas with VCM have this.
Actually, it's not limited to VCM-equipped vehicles. It's a feature of the Eco Assist system that's been standard on most, if not all Honda models for several years now from the Fit to the Odyssey and everything in between.

1 - 20 of 524 Posts