Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

521 - 526 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
No Canadian would go to the USA to buy beer.
Speaking as one of those Canadians, there are some damn good microbreweries just across the border from me in Bellingham, WA. And a shoutout to our favourite (yes, I spelled it that way) late night, staggering back to the hotel, last call, McKay's Taphouse!

🍺🍺

·
Registered
107 Posts
Speaking as one of those Canadians, there are some damn good microbreweries just across the border from me in Bellingham, WA. And a shoutout to our favourite (yes, I spelled it that way) late night, staggering back to the hotel, last call, McKay's Taphouse!

🍺🍺
Welcome, fellow North American Ridgeline & beer lover :)

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
No Canadian would go to the USA to buy beer.
:)
When I go to Maui every year to surf in the winter there are a number of Canadians staying at the time share resort I stay at. And they are very content drinking American beer from Maui Brewing. I'm very fond of the bikini blonde. It's an excellent lager that I have had way too much in the past in my pool then staggering to bed :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the E model, the turn warning light and beep, seen on the inside of the side view mirrors, only begins working at a minimum speed - I think 15 MPH or greater. Less than 15MPH and it doesn't seem to engage.

I know, who cares? But it's something you might not know about your G2!
Starts at 22MPH! :) Just picked up my E today :DD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me envision this..... what is the advantage to the mirror tilt down?
Mostly a parking aid so you can see how close your tire is between the lines of a parking space, OR what I think is most advantageous is when you are parallel parking you can tell how close to the curb you are which prevents you from scuffing your rims

·
Registered
2 Posts
-Adaptive cruise control ONLY works in NORMAL traction. If set to Snow, Mud, or Sand, it is disabled.

- (RTL-E/Black Edition trims) On your infotainment system, If you hold down BACK, MENU, POWER for a few seconds, you'll go into a hidden diagnositcs screen. Select the bottom option, then press and hold menu for a few seconds. Then go down to a section called DRIVER DISTRACTION and turn that OFF. You can then put vehicle in Park, turn on Truck Bed audio, drive off, and roll down the road with audio playing in your trunk bed. The system will reset with every engine shut off however.

-The smart access key will always unlock the trunk regardless if the main switch in the glove box is on or off. So always leave the main switch in the glove box to on, that way if you valet your Ridgeline, you can just lock your glove box and provide valet person with a valet key that way he has NO access to your trunk.

-UNINTERRUPTED AUDIO - If you are listening to the radio/talk show/pod cast and you pull up to park, but you don't want your vehicle running a lot of times you shift to park, shut it off, then tap start engine button again and have to wait for the stupid infotainment system to load again 30 seconds later before audio resumes. Here's a trick for uninterrupted audio. 1. Park. 2. Shift to P. 3. Put foot on Brake. 4. Shift into N. 5. Shut off vehicle by pressing button. 6. Shift into P. AUDIO is not interrupted!

You can still use your front parking sensors/warning when your tailgate is down for hauling purposes. When you put the tailgate down the tailgate is pointed toward the ground so its a close object and when you back up, the parking s ensor will go "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". So you get annoyed and just turn it off altogether. But if you need the front ones still, you can disable all the rear sensors,keeping just the front ones active. 1. Turn the button off. 2. Wait a few seconds. 3. Press and hold the button until it flashes. 4. Release the button. 5. Press again.

-If you are listening to radio in Accessory mode with the engine off, the truck will automatically shut off within 30-60 minutes to prevent the battery from draining.

Finally while not related, I just wanted to note from personal experience.... Remember the Ridgeline has forward collision warning and lane departure, so the fancy front camera that sits at the top of the center of the windshield requires calibration, should you ever need to get windshield replaced. A big rock hit my Ridgeline when it was only 1000 miles old. Had to have it replaced since the crack was obstructing line of sight. The cost of repair was $1,100, and since I had a $1,000 deductible and a policy that DID NOT INCLUDE glass deductible, I was out $1,000. So be sure to check your insurance policy on glass claim, or if your comprehensive is $200 or so, you are OK then. Be warned... WINDSHIELD repair is expensive!

521 - 526 of 526 Posts