Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I just noticed the key fob connection related to seat/mirror settings when my wife got in our 2 day old RTL-E this morning. But you are sayings what... that it also relates to the various customizations each key fob holder may have made to the various system technology settings? Is there somewhere you have seen that documented? And to what settings does it apply... all?
All that begs another question: If you are both riding in the car... and you both have your key fob... how does the system know which fob number customization to apply (fob 1 or 2)? Is it which one was recognized when the door was opened? Would love to know where this information might be found.
The info about the key Fob is correct I found it in Press Kit ON RTL-E and Black Edition models in Press Kit says Driver Preference as explained seating HVAC for specific driver fob. If both are walking up at same time first one their.

Reactions: Selling_Taco

·
Registered
56 Posts
The info about the key Fob is correct I found it in Press Kit ON RTL-E and Black Edition models in Press Kit says Driver Preference as explained seating HVAC for specific driver fob. If both are walking up at same time first one their.
Thanks for finding the reference. I was starting to think I was losing my mind. The driver specific preferences are just on the RTL-E and Black Editions it appears. Here's what you can customize per Honda's press release:

Driver Preferences
The Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition models come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions, door lock and unlock, along with select HVAC functions. Other preferences include turning entry lights on or off, audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the vehicle at the same time, the Ridgeline will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first. 2017 Honda Ridgeline Press Kit - Comfort & Convenience - Ridgeline - Honda News

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for finding the reference. I was starting to think I was losing my mind. The driver specific preferences are just on the RTL-E and Black Editions it appears. Here's what you can customize per Honda's press release:

Driver Preferences
The Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition models come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions, door lock and unlock, along with select HVAC functions. Other preferences include turning entry lights on or off, audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the vehicle at the same time, the Ridgeline will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first. 2017 Honda Ridgeline Press Kit - Comfort & Convenience - Ridgeline - Honda News
Thanks for the info! I'm more impressed with the engineering and more happy with my RTL-E choice every time I logon to read another post!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
First vehicle I've seen where the spare tire (Continental) is a different brand than the mounted tires (Firestone).

BTW, the white grease Phineas mentioned is likely from the 2 bolts used to hold the spare tire tray :smile:in place. The bolts in mine were covered in grease & it made a mess when I pulled the bolts out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dunno if this was posted or if folks know this, but if you select FM as a source, the presets show up on the driver's display and you can scroll thru them.

I love the AC preferences keyfob! I was wondering why it kept resetting to recirculate! :grin:

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Unlike the G1, pressing the VSA button on the G2 does NOT completely turn off traction control and Vehicle Stability Assist - it simply "turns it down" and will still limit excessive wheel spin, skidding, and spinouts. There is a procedure to completely disable traction control and VSA on the G2:

1. After starting the vehicle, press and hold the brake pedal.
2. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
3. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light turns off.
4. Release the brake pedal.
5. Apply the parking brake.
6. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
7. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light turns off.
8. Hold the brake pedal while the parking brake is still on.
9. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
10. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light lights stays on and the VSA OFF light flashes.

This procedure places the VSA system in "maintenance mode". ABS and AWD will continue to function normally. To exit "maintenance mode", hold the VSA button or shut off the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,872 Posts
Somewhere over the last couple of months someone posted a way you can use the key fob to open the windows of the G2 Ridgeline. I've forgotten what the process is, but it seems like this might be good info to repeat here. Anyone know?

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Somewhere over the last couple of months someone posted a way you can use the key fob to open I think it was all for windows of the G2 Ridgeline. I've forgotten what the process is, but it seems like this might be a good thread to repeat it in. Anyone know?
That's easy. Press UNLOCK then press and HOLD UNLOCK again to lower the windows (same as the G1) and open the sunroof. You can't close the windows using this method, though. You can also open them by inserting the key in the driver's door lock, turning, then holding the key in the unlock position. Doing this in the lock position will close all windows.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's easy. Press UNLOCK then press and HOLD UNLOCK again to lower the windows (same as the G1) and open the sunroof. You can't close the windows using this method, though. You can also open them by inserting the key in the driver's door lock, turning, then holding the key in the unlock position. Doing this in the lock position will close all windows.
On my G1 2008 RTL the Windows will go down but the sunroof does not open

·
Registered
461 Posts
There is an emergency fuel filler door release handle, in the event the release button does not work.

It is behind a small removable panel near the left rear seat, I didn't see it in the manual.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There is an emergency fuel filler door release handle, in the event the release button does not work.

It is behind a small removable panel near the left rear seat, I didn't see it in the manual.
Now that is good to know. I wondered how one would do that if electricals failed. Thankfully not the tire iron! :grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love this feature. I had a G1 and only learned about this option from this website. Now have a G2, and still use it.

·
Registered
166 Posts

This was good to know. Especially, since, it's *not* in the manual, and the panel isn't marked in any way... It just has a little notch to slip a screwdriver or key under, to pry it off...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Unlike the G1, pressing the VSA button on the G2 does NOT completely turn off traction control and Vehicle Stability Assist - it simply "turns it down" and will still limit excessive wheel spin, skidding, and spinouts. There is a procedure to completely disable traction control and VSA on the G2:

1. After starting the vehicle, press and hold the brake pedal.
2. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
3. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light turns off.
4. Release the brake pedal.
5. Apply the parking brake.
6. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
7. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light turns off.
8. Hold the brake pedal while the parking brake is still on.
9. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light comes on.
10. Hold the VSA button until the VSA light lights stays on and the VSA OFF light flashes.
then you can do a burnout??? :act024:

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
This was good to know. Especially, since, it's *not* in the manual, and the panel isn't marked in any way... It just has a little notch to slip a screwdriver or key under, to pry it off...
Page 581 of the Owner's Manual.

then you can do a burnout??? :act024:
If you have a FWD, yes. If you have an AWD, you'll need to pull a fuse. And, be sure to not let anyone over the age of 30 or from the South see you doing that - they'll laugh at the site of smoke coming from the front tires on a "pickup". :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can someone (zroger ? ) take a look at page 129 in the manual and clarify this for me please ?

subject: Trunk main switch in the glove box.

The instruction said...

"The trunk main switch disables the trunk
release button on the trunk lid to protect
luggage in the trunk.
1. Turn off the trunk main switch in the glove
box.
2. Lock the glove box."

~~~ but the picture shown is labeled "TRUNK LOCK" and shows arrows ( up for ON & down for OFF )

Am I right to think that the wording is typo ?
Shouldn't it have said ?

"1. Turn ON the trunk main switch in the glove
box."

???

41 - 60 of 691 Posts