Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

581 - 600 of 716 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Hockey puck is the way to go, but using the lift points under the chassis as described in this thread. Lift the entire front end, and/or the rear end, rather than side to side. I rotate a full set of winter tires/rims, so I never have to switch one wheel directly from front to rear ( or vice versa), as the ones going on are coming out of storage.

Designated puck with jack point impressions...

View attachment 398114

❄❄
Great minds think alike! I use the hockey puck trick for both side pinch weld points, as well as chassis lift points. It adds some lift, and also prevents those hard metal points from cutting into the (irreplaceable) rubber pad of your floor jack.

A while back I was trying to find pinch weld floor jack adapters. I soon found out that each OEM had their own pinch weld dimensions, and that Honda's were the rarest adapter unicorn to find. Then suddenly watching a college hockey game one night (go MN Gophers !), the hockey puck hack hit me. $1.27 later from Total Hockey store, and I was set for life!

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,815 Posts
DOH, I'm thick as a brick ….. just realized today that when interval wipers are set to more frequent than max interval, and you come to a full stop, they drop back to max interval, then resume your preset interval when the vehicle moves again.

Maybe not as nice as 'infinitely speed sensitive' interval wipers, but still a nice detail (y)

(My RTL-E doesn't have 'rain sensing' wipers)

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,815 Posts
If you lived in Canada, your RTL-E would have rain sense wipers.
If I lived in Canada I'd likely need snow tires.

Thanks, but no thanks, I'm happy where I am and with my US RTL-E even without rain sensing wipers (enjoying the 50*F central Texas weather this December morning) ;) :D

Reactions: stevem5215

·
Registered
2018 Touring (🍁) - Deep Scarlet Pearl
104 Posts
If I lived in Canada I'd likely need snow tires.
Likely.

But you definitely would like my ventilated driver seat in Texas 100°+ summers! (maybe coming on new models?)

And I do like the rain-sensing wipers, ~95% of the time, then I just change the sensitivity, which is much like changing the interval on the US models.

?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Didn’t know the wiper interval automatically increased to maximum when stopped - thanks for that bit. I’m thicker than a brick....too much Jethro Tull in the ‘70s, I guess!

Have rain-sensitive wipers on two other vehicles & really like that feature....and didn’t have to move to the Arctic Circle to get either (JK - no offense to Canada!). We had one of those a couple years when one day there was a cloudburst and the sensor randomly didn’t work - had to pull over to figure out how to turn on the wipers, lol.

Love the heated seats in all 3 vehicles - nice in the convertible when we put the top down when the weather’s not quite warm enough - but have never felt much, if any, air coming through the seat ventilators anyway....so to me no big loss with the RL.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Question for G2 owners or anybody just reading something about 2020 Ridgeline.
This should apply to all other Acura/Honda products as well.
On specs, features of 2020 Ridgeline it says for heated seats the drivers and passengers have heated cushion and seatbacks. So question when did they makethe passenger seat back heated again.
I ask the question because back when I got my 2000 Acura TL new only a few Acura/Honda products had heated seats. On the 2000 TL was when they put in side airbags so the passenger side had the weight sensor only the seat bottom heated on passenger side. This was still same on 2007 Ridgeline only bottom of passenger seat heats up.
So when did that change on the Acura/Honda vehicles any other vehicle I have been in always been driver.

Reactions: McChizzle

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The passenger seat bottom and back heated up in my 2011 Ridgeline. Same for the 2017. The back seats also have the seat and back cushion heated (I specifically asked my grandson about that a couple of years ago). I've never seen a vehicle where only the bottom cushion heated.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The "Main" button on the right side of the steering wheel not only turns cruise, adaptive cruise and lane keep on and off, turning it off also shuts of the auto bright/dim headlights. Its not mentioned in the manual, but discovered this tonight (after 3 years) when I noticed the (A) was gone and didn't come back with a flick of the turn lever.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,403 Posts
The passenger seat bottom and back heated up in my 2011 Ridgeline. Same for the 2017. The back seats also have the seat and back cushion heated (I specifically asked my grandson about that a couple of years ago). I've never seen a vehicle where only the bottom cushion heated.
In my 2009 RTL (US model), only the front passenger bottom cushion is heated, not the back. I learned this the hard way when my Dad complained one cold winter day.

According to the 2011 schematics on the US version, there is no front passenger heated backrest either, as is expected given the 2009-2011 model years were identical in the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, 594 posts so far, haven't seen this one (though my eyes may have glazed over).

2019 RTL-T with Lane Watch camera.
I noticed a button on the very end of my turn signal stalk. (The button faces the drivers window). Pushing it allows you to activate the Lane Watch camera without needing to engage the directional signal for a right turn. So, you can check the lane (and your right side blind spot whenever you want! Really cool and useful!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ok, 594 posts so far, haven't seen this one (though my eyes may have glazed over).

2019 RTL-T with Lane Watch camera.
I noticed a button on the very end of my turn signal stalk. (The button faces the drivers window). Pushing it allows you to activate the Lane Watch camera without needing to engage the directional signal for a right turn. So, you can check the lane (and your right side blind spot whenever you want! Really cool and useful!
That comes in really handy when the passenger window is fogged up and also when the sun blinds the passenger mirror, the camera stll sees, A shame that Lane Watch is no more. I don't have it on the RL but love it on our CRV and Accord.

·
Administrator
15,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
The passenger seat bottom and back heated up in my 2011 Ridgeline.

I've never seen a vehicle where only the bottom cushion heated.
According to the 2011 US and Canada Owner's Manual, only the passenger's seat bottom is heated. The US and Canada wiring diagrams available on Honda ServiceExpress confirm this. The same applies all first generation Ridgelines and other Honda and Acura models as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to the 2011 US and Canada Owner's Manual, only the passenger's seat bottom is heated. The US and Canada wiring diagrams available on Honda ServiceExpress confirm this. The same applies all first generation Ridgelines and other Honda and Acura models as well.

View attachment 398679
My 2019 RTL-T seems to only warm up on the seat cushion (driver). Am dissapointed. Neil Young had a song lyric years ago: “you pay for this but they give you that”

Cost cutting measure or something else? Other cars I’ve had gave you seat cushion and lower back.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My 2019 RTL-T seems to only warm up on the seat cushion (driver). Am dissapointed. Neil Young had a song lyric years ago: “you pay for this but they give you that”

Cost cutting measure or something else? Other cars I’ve had gave you seat cushion and lower back.
Pete in MD, may I suggest that you return your Ridgeline to your dealer for some warranty work? I just checked our 2019 RTL and both the seat and back, on BOTH seats, are getting warm, unless my feelers are not working correctly?

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pete in MD, may I suggest that you return your Ridgeline to your dealer for some warranty work? I just checked our 2019 RTL and both the seat and back, on BOTH seats, are getting warm, unless my feelers are not working correctly?

Bill
Bill, just saw your reply while I was parking. Thanks very much. I am happy to report I was wrong! Apologies to Honda and Neil Young!

I stayed in the truck a few extra mins with the seat on high just now. The seatback definitely does warm up.

The heat doesnt seem to go more than a few inches above my belt line however. I probably wasnt able to feel it before as I usually have it set on low and only keep it on a couple of mins when I first get in the car. My coat probably was the reason I wasnt feeling it.

Thanks again. Members like you make this a great forum!

Pete

581 - 600 of 716 Posts