Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

601 - 620 of 631 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
... The heat doesn't seem to go more than a few inches above my belt line however. I probably wasn't able to feel it before as I usually have it set on low and only keep it on a couple of mins when I first get in the car. My coat probably was the reason I wasn't feeling it. ...
That sucks! The diagram in the 2019 owner's manual suggest it heats the entire center section of the seat. The Gen1 diagram that zroger73 shared fits my experience of the area the seat heaters actually heat up.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Haha! Yeah, the artist got a little happy with the fill tool. ;)
Ya, it looks more like a drawing of the two-tone seats of the Gen2 than the heated area. I don't think they offer the two-tone fabric seats anymore, do they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I am embarrassed now.

After testing the seats yet again on high during a 20 minute drive, they do indeed heat all the way up to the middle of the seat back. Please forgive my earlier claims. It's my first winter with the truck, and the temps here in Maryland haven't been very cold. (I'm a transplanted North Easterner from upstate NY).

I normally put the seat heater on low in the morning to take the chill out. After 5 mins I turn it off. I really haven't used the high setting much, mainly because I don't like the seat bottom to be sizzling. Anyway, like I said, driving for 20 mins with the setting on high tonight, there eventually was heat all the way up to the middle of my back. (I'm 6'-2").

Again, please forgive my erroneous posts!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Hey Pete, if we all knew all the answers none of us would be on this forum.
That;s true I have seen read pretty much everything about G2 Ridgeline in the last 3 years.
But just reading something about the seat heater the other day and it said both passenger seat back and bottom heated. Seat heater are not so much a luxury feature now but back when I purchased my 2000 Acura TL they were,
The 1999 TL is pretty much the same car but a few changes were made on the 2000 one being the side airbags.
In the 99 back and bottom portion of passenger seat heated up but it didn't have side airbags the 2000 did so only the bottom portion of passenger seat heated. This was same in all other Acura vehicles then heated seats trickle down to the Honda vehicles but it was same like G1 Ridgeline. I never knew or really thought about they had changed the design on their vehicles for passenger side back to heat up again.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Honda Pro Jason has put out a YouTube video. Most of the stuff has been covered here, but he mentions an "easter egg" game programmed into the touch screen display that I don't remember reading about hereon ROC. Maybe I missed it? (And I'm still Gen 1, so...).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honda Pro Jason has put out a YouTube video. Most of the stuff has been covered here, but he mentions an "easter egg" game programmed into the touch screen display that I don't remember reading about hereon ROC. Maybe I missed it? (And I'm still Gen 1, so...).

I think that game means they are still using Android Jelly Bean which is now almost 8 years old. Honda may have preferred that Jason didn't point that out.

·
Administrator
13,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
He also forgot to point out that this RL was the new color - Pacific Pewter - with new gray painted wheels.
And he failed to point out the electronic seat heater controls that are new to the US Ridgeline and that come on automatically during a remote start when it's cold.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I know I could check but I'm still in my PJs, I found no mention of it in the owners manual and I am not keen on snapping of plastic panels in the cold. Does anybody know if that gas cover backup release is on the other G2 year models like 2019?

·
Administrator
13,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
I know I could check but I'm still in my PJs, I found no mention of it in the owners manual and I am not keen on snapping of plastic panels in the cold. Does anybody know if that gas cover backup release is on the other G2 year models like 2019?
It's on all 2017-current Ridgelines.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Here is a screen shot of the 2017 owner's manual that describes the backup fuel door release. Since it's on the 2017 and demonstrated by Jason on the 2020, I will assume it is on all the model years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm kinda pissed that my 2019 does not have a remote locking tailgate or wider opening doors.
Like, almost pissed enough to trade mine in for a 2020 and take the financial hit

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm kinda pissed that my 2019 does not have a remote locking tailgate or wider opening doors.
Like, almost pissed enough to trade mine in for a 2020 and take the financial hit
Those are easy enough to add yourself, and then you don't have to worry about auto idle stop or expensive transmission service. There's plusses and minuses to everything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are easy enough to add yourself, and then you don't have to worry about auto idle stop or expensive transmission service. There's plusses and minuses to everything.
I did get a lock for my tailgate, but it is a key only, not remote. I didn't think that was even an option.
The back door is a pretty major item to fix/install.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The back door is a pretty major item to fix/install.
Not at all, about $20-30 in parts and an hour of your time. Go read this thread:

-Mike

601 - 620 of 631 Posts