Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

621 - 640 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know I could check but I'm still in my PJs, I found no mention of it in the owners manual and I am not keen on snapping of plastic panels in the cold. Does anybody know if that gas cover backup release is on the other G2 year models like 2019?
Mine was.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
He also forgot to point out that this RL was the new color - Pacific Pewter - with new gray painted wheels.
Honda Jason Pro also forgot to explain the Power Locking Tailgate completely.
The Honda Ridgleline from Honda Youtube on how it woks also explains if the power fails or something is wrong the backup way to open the tailgate will also sound alarm (horn honking) if you try to open the manual way with cable without disarming the alarm with remote.
So if someone (vandal) would pry that key lock cover off and pull manual cable release the alarm will sound if armed.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver
164 Posts
Now with 600 miles on our '19. Things I have noticed...
The brake pedal is mushy when trying to stop hard. It does stop, it just has more travel than I've seen in any car.
The transmission is slow to decide what to do when trying to accelerate.
The throttle response is typical "fly by wire. " Poor.
Wife says her feet aren't getting heat like every other car we've had.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm kinda pissed that my 2019 does not have a remote locking tailgate or wider opening doors.
Like, almost pissed enough to trade mine in for a 2020 and take the financial hit
No need to be upset, both mods can be done easily and inexpensively.
end of year '19's were $1,000's less than '20's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm kinda pissed that my 2019 does not have a remote locking tailgate or wider opening doors.
Like, almost pissed enough to trade mine in for a 2020 and take the financial hit
Piece of cake enhancements. Did both in two hours with household tools. Or you can pay Honda approx. 90 in parts and 150 in labor to instal the Honda tailgate lock, not remote control, but you might save a dollar instead of trading in. Frankly I see nothing in the 2020s that would cause me to regret my 2019.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,823 Posts
Airflow in the bed. No wind tunnel required.
That's a great pic, thanks for posting!

(tailgate was UP when driving, correct?)

Reactions: Danke

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Airflow in the bed. No wind tunnel required.
Having a softcover tonneau, the impressions on the cover are consistent with this, and different from the same cover on my G1.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The brake pedal is mushy when trying to stop hard. It does stop, it just has more travel than I've seen in any car.
The transmission is slow to decide what to do when trying to accelerate.
The throttle response is typical "fly by wire. " Poor.
Wife says her feet aren't getting heat like every other car we've had.
IMHO, the brake pedal thing is something you can address... having driven now 5-6 G2s, there is difference unit to unit and somewhat addressable.

I have noticed the lack of heat to the feet. I want my boots to melt.

As to the tranny, I miss the direct relationship to the old J35, such a satisfying thing. But have dealt with the nannified J35 through a couple of Odys and into here, and this tranny is the least offensive of them. Even though the G2 is faster, I would take the G1 linear acceleration any day... with G2 it feels like there is only on and off, and a mile of mush in between. But then 21-22 mpg is a lot more than 16-17 mpg. The G2 has passed the test already with me of pulling out into a turn and realizing it was a little tighter than intending, but always getting the speed I ask to get safely out of (or into) the way. I do not understand why manufacturers cannot fit in throttle mapping buttons to every $40k vehicle, how much can it cost to apply simple software like this to 4 models on the line.... give me Normal/Sport/Eco throttle mappings... so easy. Am already annoyed that I cannot see the Eco button, because when I want to kill it, I want to kill it quickly.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I waited to learn of the 2020 updates and instead purchased the 2019 at several thousand less, especially with the tried and true 6 speed. The nine speeds did not show any advantages and rather have the old school shifter too. Lock and doors are on my list for spring time. Got my model and colour so all is good :)

Reactions: JakeRLine

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I waited to learn of the 2020 updates and instead purchased the 2019 at several thousand less, especially with the tried and true 6 speed. The nine speeds did not show any advantages and rather have the old school shifter too. Lock and doors are on my list for spring time. Got my model and colour so all is good :)
Congrats! What model & color did you get?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lunar Silver Metallic 2019 Honda Ridgeline Touring - Last one in Ontario!

It would be similar to the RTL-E in the USA, but with the Canadian content as I have learned about on this site.
Sorry USA neighours!

·
Registered
56 Posts
And he failed to point out the electronic seat heater controls that are new to the US Ridgeline and that come on automatically during a remote start when it's cold.
Sweet! Another reason to feel better about buying a 2020 instead of missing out on the killer deals on the '19's. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Like the 2019 Canadian models!
Great to hear

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been searching with no luck. 2019 rtl-e. When truck starts the audio returns to the radio station playing when truck was turned off. This is good. Problem is it shows the audio source menu and you have to press the FM button to get station info. Minor aggravation but wonder if there is a setting that I haven't found to correct this.

·
Administrator
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
I've been searching with no luck. 2019 rtl-e. When truck starts the audio returns to the radio station playing when truck was turned off. This is good. Problem is it shows the audio source menu and you have to press the FM button to get station info. Minor aggravation but wonder if there is a setting that I haven't found to correct this.
Solution here...

621 - 640 of 716 Posts