Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

641 - 660 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure if anyone posted this but with the adaptive cruise control, road departure and lane-keeping, the Ridgeline will drive and steer itself softly even though light curves on a freeway. You can feel the steering wheel turn when you enter a corner. When the corner gets sharp enough, you gotta grab the wheel. Not sure if this is a Black Edition feature only (RTL-E?).

·
Registered
959 Posts
Not sure if anyone posted this but with the adaptive cruise control, road departure and lane-keeping, the Ridgeline will drive and steer itself softly even though light curves on a freeway. You can feel the steering wheel turn when you enter a corner. When the corner gets sharp enough, you gotta grab the wheel. Not sure if this is a Black Edition feature only (RTL-E?).
Touring does that too. Weird sensation for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
71 Posts
Yup, the E does it too. Rather disconcerting actually. The first couple weeks I played around with it, then decided to shut it off. I suspect your correct in assuming it a precursor to self driving trucks.

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
Lots of my rental vehicles have that feature now. They keep getting closer to the car driving itself. Some manufacturers are closer than others (think Tesla).

Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
the Honda self driving thing is more like a warning system. It doesn't actually drive your truck, but will try it's best to keep you in your lane.
However, this doesn't work if it can't see your lane (snow, gravel...)

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
359 Posts
With the 2020 push button, just found out today, you cannot drive with the door open, it automatically switched into park.
To be clear, I was in my driveway, trying to move up about 3 feet.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
1 Posts
From my understanding it is to aid in reversing. It's tilts down so you can see the rear wheels and anything endangered of getting run over.
It's also quite helpful when backing up with a trailer (at least the trailer for my Waverrunner).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now with 600 miles on our '19. Things I have noticed...
The brake pedal is mushy when trying to stop hard. It does stop, it just has more travel than I've seen in any car.
The transmission is slow to decide what to do when trying to accelerate.
The throttle response is typical "fly by wire. " Poor.
Wife says her feet aren't getting heat like every other car we've had.
Get ready to live with the mushy brakes. My Tacoma was just as bad, if not worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the 2020 with idle stop, once the engine stops you can restart the engine by bumping the steering wheel. Engine restarts and stays running. Restart is fast and silent.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
30 Posts
On the 2020 with idle stop, once the engine stops you can restart the engine by bumping the steering wheel. Engine restarts and stays running. Restart is fast and silent.
IME, if you slightly oscillate the steering wheel back-and-forth when you're coming to a stop until you are completely stopped, idle stop will not engage. Once you are stopped, give it a sec or two and you can stop shaking the steering wheel. ymmv

·
Registered
536 Posts
Probably already covered but I was streaming music via Bluetooth. I usually use the fast forward and back button under volume to skip tracks.

Well I discovered that the push select button does the same function by rotating it.

641 - 660 of 679 Posts