Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if this has been previously posted, but I just pulled a screw out of my front tire and plugged it myself. The truck was running when I filled the tire back up (I had the tire pressure menu up on the gauges) and the truck chirped twice when I hit 35 psi and then chirped once for each lbs. of pressure after. Pretty handy when you do not have a gauge available. Also noticed this when I traveled to the Keys from Wisconsin this winter. I left with 38lbs in each tire and when I hit North Florida, it was in the 40's so as I aired down at a gas station, I had the truck running with the tire pressure menu up and told my wife to call off the pressures as I let air out. The truck beeped as I let pressure out, one chirp for each lbs of pressure. Pretty handy feature! We determined this is the best road trip vehicle we've owned. Perfect for hauling our bikes and stuff, comfortable, and drives itself almost. I have a '19 RTL-E.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had my 2020 RTL-E for just over a week now and seeing a good bit of front window "haze" that I'm attributing to new plastic outgassing. Cleaned it once, inside, already, and now need to do that again. Not sure it's a thing or not, but that was never an issue on my 2007 G1.
On the bubble on the engine auto-stop/start thing. 90% of the time it's fine, once in a while it is stopping as I am starting and gets confused for half a second.
Sunroof/5th window controls take some getting used to, and are not as intuitive as the G1 versions...if a little nicer aesthetically.
With the apple car-play integration...there's no CD player now, so there's that. I see that there's an option to purchase one, I think, but I'll just plug in the phone now, instead.
Lastly, what to do with the free carpet mats, still in the bag, given that the dealer installed nice all weather mats? Is there a donation site anywhere?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
71 Posts
Might be the wrong place for this question but it seems to me that the preponderance of Gen 2 Ridgelines that have been sold are E or BE models? Or am I looking at this wrong?

·
Administrator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
Had my 2020 RTL-E for just over a week now and seeing a good bit of front window "haze" that I'm attributing to new plastic outgassing. Cleaned it once, inside, already, and now need to do that again.

Lastly, what to do with the free carpet mats, still in the bag, given that the dealer installed nice all weather mats? Is there a donation site anywhere?
That's something to keep an eye on - I haven't had a problem with hazing in either my 2017 or 2019 Ridgelines.

Keep your carpeted mats. Fresh, clean ones go a long way in helping sell a vehicle when that time comes.

Might be the wrong place for this question but it seems to me that the preponderance of Gen 2 Ridgelines that have been sold are E or BE models? Or am I looking at this wrong?
The RTL-E and BE account for almost one-third of sales. The RTL-T and RTL each accounted for about one-fourth. The Sport, RTS, and RT account for the rest. The vast majority are also AWD. The most rare combination is the RT FWD.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
71 Posts
Thanks, interesting too, it seems most of the Gen II posts come from E and BE s. Buyer remorse or a result from higher expectations or maybe just more things to go wrong?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Had my 2020 RTL-E for just over a week now and seeing a good bit of front window "haze" that I'm attributing to new plastic outgassing. Cleaned it once, inside, already, and now need to do that again. Not sure it's a thing or not, but that was never an issue on my 2007 G1.
For the first couple of months ownership we were having one hell of a time trying to keep the inside of the windshield clean, it seemed as if nothing would readily cut the stuff. But, over time it has continually improved where one year later now it is hardly an issue any more.

Bill

·
Administrator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Thanks, interesting too, it seems most of the Gen II posts come from E and BE s. Buyer remorse or a result from higher expectations or maybe just more things to go wrong?
The overwhelming majority of problems with the 2G Ridgeline are with components that are common to all trims (transmissions, fuel injectors, noises/vibrations, start/stop button, alarms going off unexpectedly, fuel pump and timing belt recalls, etc.)

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
583 Posts
Most but not all new cars and trucks that I’ve bought have this issue. The problem goes away in a few months. I also think it’s out gassing from the interior.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most but not all new cars and trucks that I’ve bought have this issue. The problem goes away in a few months. I also think it’s out gassing from the interior.
Never experienced the window haze problem on our 2018 Ridgeline. We did have a significant haze problem for a few months on our 2015 Audi A3.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
11 Posts
On the bubble on the engine auto-stop/start thing. 90% of the time it's fine, once in a while it is stopping as I am starting and gets confused for half a second.
Sunroof/5th window controls take some getting used to, and are not as intuitive as the G1 versions...if a little nicer aesthetically.
With the apple car-play integration...there's no CD player now, so there's that. I see that there's an option to purchase one, I think, but I'll just plug in the phone now, instead.
Not everyone likes all weather mats. Personally, I like to swap them out. During the rainy months, I use all weather mats because of the amount of water I'm usually tracking in. During drier months, I like to use carpet mats because they can be cleaned by vacuuming them, which is easier than talking them out to be washed. With that being said, if you don't see yourself using the carpet mats, you can always sell them on eBay. I just paid $60 for a brand new set, still in the plastic for my 2019 RTL-E. The dealership only had the all-weather mats and I wanted the carpet mats to swap out at some point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been looking to buy a Sport since January. I live in western Pennsylvania. I have searched a 500 mile radius and no sports and very few RTL’s. The Alabama plant produced RTL-E’s first and then the pandemic started and they shut down production. That is why I ended buying an RTL- E last week. :) They just reopened production Monday, May 11. Here is an article:

Alabama Plant Re-opens

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope this qualifies:

Being a "capless" fuel tank, you need to use the special funnel located in the in bed trunk spare wheel slot to decant gasoline from a gas can/bottle/container or "portable fuel container" as the manual words it!

Thing is...I just went to look for it I my new RTL-E .... and .....it's not there despite the sticker on the fuel cap and owners manual stating it was supplied and located in the trunk!

Can everyone please check to see if their emergency funnel was supplied and where it is located? I think I can see the cutout of where it was supposed to be in the styrofoam insert of the spare tire.
I don't need to check; I never let it get below 1/4 tank :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok this may not be this big of a deal but the wiper arms actually pull away from the windshield and stay like every other vehicle out there except the G1.
That was a huge PIA for me. The first time I did it with my G1, it stripped the paint off the edge of the hood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't checked for my funnel yet. I've never ran out of gasoline in my life and can't understand how that even happens.

The trunk smell is definitely overwhelming! My entire garage smells like the fiberglass resin and paint chemicals used in a boat factory. :)

The carpeted floor mats do have that "new house carpet" smell. Mine were replaced by Honda all-weather mats before I left the dealer. The carpeted mats are tucked away in a closet.

This Ridgeline is the most unique-smelling new vehicle I've ever had. I only notice the plastic trunk/bed smell vs. the typical "new car" or leather smell. Then again, as often as I trade I've probably burned out my olfactory nerves. :(
For the Plastic smell, use a 10% solution of bleach and water. Just spray it around lightly. It also helps to leave the trunk open in the sun for a little while. The goggles for my chem students smell like this when new. It works for them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
This was the first time we have allowed the fuel level to get so low as to trigger the "low"fuel" warning, we did find that it appears that the Ridgeline will continue to monitor, fairly accurately, how much range is remaining practically down to the last drop of usable fuel, not that we would recommend this as an every day practice, mind you! o_O

Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can see objects, dogs, children who might be behind you. They might otherwise be in a blind spot
And curbs, if you have low profile tires with aftermarket rims (or generally don’t want to mess up your tire sidewalls)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

661 - 680 of 716 Posts