Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

681 - 698 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Instead of a traditional, solid pulley on the alternator, the G2 Ridgeline uses an Over-run Alternator Decoupler (OAD). These have been around for several years now, but are new to the Ridgeline.

Litens OAD? Decoupler Pulleys

Wow that was Excellant. Perhaps Harley Davidson could apply that to their compensator on the primary drive. Noisy clunky when it not assemled properly or wear then it needs to be shimmed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wondered about the little windows by the outside rear view mirrors, whether they were a design whim or served a purpose. Cover them up temporarily and you quickly find they actually remove a rather large blind spot. Still don't know if that's on purpose or a side effect of somebody's whim.
Those vent windows look awfull on the Honda Fit. On the Ridgeline they blend in better with the rear viw mirrors and yes reduce with of the A post. Noticed them right away. Much better when pulling into traffic from a side road. The visibility in this truck is very nice. Over the last 20 yrs or so the attempt at aerodynamics has made some vehicles dangerous by design. Not many seem to notice. Sitting at a signal light with cars turning to my left i watched as the drivers dissapeared behind the A post. It was very telling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Things i have learned about my 2019 Ridgeline Sport.
Mirrors do not tilt in reverse😞
All windows down with remote 😊cool
Trunk lock switch next to glove box on left😃
Fuel cap manual release at bottom of C post driver side😃
See pics
One more thing, that battery case. Is that to insulate it from engine heat?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Things i have learned about my 2019 Ridgeline Sport.
Mirrors do not tilt in reverse ......
No.... one of them will tilt down if you had selected it on the mirror adjustment control. That even works in real time (i.e. - you can switch from to the other as you back up).

EDIT - I have a RTL-E, so mistakenly thought all trims have the mirror reverse tilt feature (in US, only the RTL-E and BE do. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Here’s how to browse Sirius/XM radio stations, on models with the 8” touch screen, using only your steering wheel buttons.

First, while in Siruis/XM, press Menu button (on left edge of screen) > Tune Mode > select Category Mode (instead of Channel Mode). Next, set your 10 presets so you have at least 1 preset in each Sirius/XM “category” you like (eg. news, rock, country, jazz, etc).

Then when in a preset of a category (eg. jazz) you want to browse, press and briefly HOLD the steering wheel < or > button. Then instead of going to the next preset, it will go down or up the list of all Sirius/XM channels in your preset’s category (jazz, in this example). Then to flip to a different category, just press (as normal) your < or > steering bottons to select your preset in that category (eg. rock), and repeat the above to browse all the rock channels, and so on....

The press and hold < or > technique while in other audio modes (eg. radio, iPod, USB, etc) also produces helpful alternate select behavior (varies by mode). See the “Audio Remote Controls” topic in the full Owner’s Manual (p. 202 in 2017 manual).

·
Administrator
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
One more thing, that battery case. Is that to insulate it from engine heat?
Yes. There's also a cooling fan for the battery box. There have been reports of this fan failing causing Charging System Problem and AWD System Problem messages.

No.... one of them will tilt down if you had selected it on the mirror adjustment control. That even works in real time (i.e. - you can switch from to the other as you back up).
Only the RTL-E and Black Edition have reverse-tilting mirrors.

·
Registered
566 Posts
He has a sport. That feature is in the upper trims and Canadian sport models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
.... Only the RTL-E and Black Edition have reverse-tilting mirrors.
Sorry, my bad - thanks for clarifying!
EDIT - I have a RTL-E, so mistakenly thought all trims have this.

Reactions: Jambriwal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tried it twice switched left to right? nothing. Will try again tomorrow. It is a 2019 Sport model

Tried it twice switched left to right? nothing. Will try again tomorrow. It is a 2019 Sport model
OK read post from zroger73 No Tilting mirrior on the sport Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is there. I checked it about a week ago. It's wedged into the foam -like tool storage area that is wedged into the center of the spare. Mine was on the left side of that. It's kind of grayish white, as I recall. Maybe you should look again. I don't think it's being offered for sale yet, but I'm certain places like Bernardi Parts will have them in the near future.
You will also notice the foam inside the spare tire has cutouts for a trailer receiver hitch, ball and locking pin assembly

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will also notice the foam inside the spare tire has cutouts for a trailer receiver hitch, ball and locking pin assembly
Thanks for this! I just towed a uhaul and after returning home I just threw the hitch and pin in a bag and tossed in the trunk. All the while thinking I need a better way to stow this thing. Great to know!

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Others must have posted this at some point, but I did a quick search and didn't see it recently mentioned... Forgive me if everyone already knew this...
I like that the door locks automatically lock a few seconds after leaving the Vehicle on my RTL-E, but it gets a little annoying when making multiple trips unloading the car.. I looked it up, and you can temporarily defeat the autolock, by just opening the door and hitting LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK-UNLOCK on the button- you will then hear a little "beep"... the doors will remain unlocked until you manually re-lock them... Neat!

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
563 Posts
Others must have posted this at some point, but I did a quick search and didn't see it recently mentioned... Forgive me if everyone already knew this...
I like that the door locks automatically lock a few seconds after leaving the Vehicle on my RTL-E, but it gets a little annoying when making multiple trips unloading the car.. I looked it up, and you can temporarily defeat the autolock, by just opening the door and hitting LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK-UNLOCK on the button- you will then hear a little "beep"... the doors will remain unlocked until you manually re-lock them... Neat!
I use that method when parked in the garage. If you are doing multiple trips unloading stuff, you can also close but not fully latch the door. If the door is slightly ajar, the doors will not lock. After you remove the last item, fully close the door and it will return to auto locking as normal.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
The squares are covers for the bolts that hold that piece of trim on... I always thought it would be cool to utilize the bolts for something unique though!

681 - 698 of 698 Posts