Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

701 - 716 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL in Modern Steel Metallic paint, grey leather interior
5 Posts
Just a little thing, the engine hood hold open rod has a small piece of rubber tubing on it. This piece of rubber is there to handle the rod without burning your fingers. When the engine has been running and you grab the metal part of the rod it is HOT!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's easy. Press UNLOCK then press and HOLD UNLOCK again to lower the windows (same as the G1) and open the sunroof. You can't close the windows using this method, though. You can also open them by inserting the key in the driver's door lock, turning, then holding the key in the unlock position. Doing this in the lock position will close all windows.
Is there a way to disable opening the sun roof on the G2 Ridgeline, I get it will add more ventilation but I try not to operate the sun roof any more than necessary, but do like to open the windows to cool the cab off.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Is there a way to disable opening the sun roof on the G2 Ridgeline, I get it will add more ventilation but I try not to operate the sun roof any more than necessary, but do like to open the windows to cool the cab off.
Is this a trick question? Just don't push the button.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On RTL-E's, if you want to temporarily disable the Start/Stop system without the annoying yellow warning on the left side of the gauge cluster, simply turn on the 120 volt inverter. This disables the start/stop system without displaying the yellow warning on the gauge cluster.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,926 Posts
I have personally never owned a vehicle with a sun/moon roof in the 20 years I have been driving............ until two years ago when we bought our Odyssey. I do not like driving with the roof open, while my wife does. Everytime I have to wash the car, that is the first thing I check, along with all the windows. So I understand your concern.

I was going to suggest that you pull the switch and disconnect it, then I realized pulling the fuse (as Roger said) would be the easiest solution. To prevent the rubber seals from dry rotting, I would recommend using some sort of paste-like lubricant around the seal and then close it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just found out on my 17 Black that if you switch off the Econ button the air conditioning fan goes to a higher speed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I noticed totally by accident while driving home from North Carolina today, when you tap up or down on the blinkers when changing lanes, they will automatically blink 3 times then stop. Pretty cool!

Reactions: tmz

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport
50 Posts
Speaking as one of those Canadians, there are some damn good microbreweries just across the border from me in Bellingham, WA. And a shoutout to our favourite (yes, I spelled it that way) late night, staggering back to the hotel, last call, McKay's Taphouse!

??
I live in Tacoma! Where in Bellingham did you go? Sounds like your night was fun!

·
Registered
2018 Touring (🍁) - Deep Scarlet Pearl
105 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I noticed totally by accident while driving home from North Carolina today, when you tap up or down on the blinkers when changing lanes, they will automatically blink 3 times then stop. Pretty cool!
We drove home from NC this weekend too - coming back from beach vacation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those vent windows look awfull on the Honda Fit. On the Ridgeline they blend in better with the rear viw mirrors and yes reduce with of the A post. Noticed them right away. Much better when pulling into traffic from a side road. The visibility in this truck is very nice. Over the last 20 yrs or so the attempt at aerodynamics has made some vehicles dangerous by design. Not many seem to notice. Sitting at a signal light with cars turning to my left i watched as the drivers dissapeared behind the A post. It was very telling.
I am short and when renting cars for work always had an issue with the solid piece in front of the mirror when turning left. Love that Honda but the little window there to keep a look out for center line curbs, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure if this has been previously posted, but I just pulled a screw out of my front tire and plugged it myself. The truck was running when I filled the tire back up (I had the tire pressure menu up on the gauges) and the truck chirped twice when I hit 35 psi and then chirped once for each lbs. of pressure after. Pretty handy when you do not have a gauge available. Also noticed this when I traveled to the Keys from Wisconsin this winter. I left with 38lbs in each tire and when I hit North Florida, it was in the 40's so as I aired down at a gas station, I had the truck running with the tire pressure menu up and told my wife to call off the pressures as I let air out. The truck beeped as I let pressure out, one chirp for each lbs of pressure. Pretty handy feature! We determined this is the best road trip vehicle we've owned. Perfect for hauling our bikes and stuff, comfortable, and drives itself almost. I have a '19 RTL-E.
I ran over a nail and when the tire pressure hit 28 pounds a warning came on the middle of the dash. Was able to get to a tire store and get it fixed before it went full flat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
These Firestone tires seem to be nail/screw magnets. I had a screw in my right front tire, with only 500 miles on the odo. Never had an issue with the Michelin's on my G-1 RTL.

701 - 716 of 716 Posts