Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
881 - 900 of 935 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
134 Posts
My 2021 Canadian Sport came with small mud flaps. All of the Ridgelines in the 2021 Canadian brochure appear to have mud flaps. Some photos of US Ridgelines do not appear to show mud flaps. Do all Ridgelines come with mud flaps, or just in Canada? Just curious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never had a car before that warned me when my Windshield Washer fluid was low. Was pleasantly surprised to see that alert on my dash.

Question for the forum: Does the 2G Ridgeline actually take a full standard size container of washer fluid? When refilling the RL, I had to use the remains one bottle and most of another bottle. My CRV and Odyssey seem to only take like 80% of a standard bottle's worth of fluid. That always annoyed me.
I think mine took a full US gallon of fluid when the empty light came on.

It's so people who are blind can tell the difference, so they can manually shift and aren't stuck having to only drive it in auto mode.
I once had an argument with a building official about the need for brail on drive up bank atms....

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Turn signals are a novelty. Here in NJ, folks do that as a means of saying 'go fuc$' yourself when already started to merge and decided to use the turn signal as a middle finger for leaving a safe distance behind a vehicle.
I just realized here in Seattle that the flasher means that the driver just borrowed the car and thought that was the wiper control.

·
Registered
2020 Sport
178 Posts
Noticed yesterday that the cruise is very different as it backs off when a vehicle is in the lane you are in when you get so many feet behind it and then speeds up again when it can, albeit very slowly

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put my 2021 BE in to park, remove my foot from the brake and the engine starts. I was surprised to see this happen.
On my 2021 I found out if you apply very light brake pressure while stopped (just enough to keep the car from creeping forward) the engine stop/start is disabled. There is a pop up on the dash saying apply brakes harder to shut off engine (ya right!).
Good trick to avoid having to turn this feature off each drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently, my family and I were driving home from vacation after relaxing with a group of friends from worktime and for the first time in a long time this happened, a warning about "low fuel" appeared on the board, I am surprised that the Ridgeline will display quite accurately how much stock is left in the warehouse. low level, to the last drop of usable fuel. It's nice to learn something new about your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On my 2021 I found out if you apply very light brake pressure while stopped (just enough to keep the car from creeping forward) the engine stop/start is disabled. There is a pop up on the dash saying apply brakes harder to shut off engine (ya right!).
Good trick to avoid having to turn this feature off each drive.
There’s a setting where you can enable auto start/stop alerts. With that setting when you come to a stop and the truck hasn’t reached full temp a message will pop up saying auto start/stop not available, that’s my clue to press the button if I haven’t already.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
24 Posts
I found out when putting the shifter in to neutral to go through car wash, when you exit and leave after drying, you can't just put it in D and pull forward without hitting the brake. Wont engage. A little disconcerting when there is another car right behind you. Basically have to brake and then put in to D.

·
Registered
2021 White Black Edition
21 Posts
I found out when putting the shifter in to neutral to go through car wash, when you exit and leave after drying, you can't just put it in D and pull forward without hitting the brake. Wont engage. A little disconcerting when there is another car right behind you. Basically have to brake and then put in to D.
I think it's the ZF transmissions. My BMW behaved the same way. For both the BMW and now in my my RL, I found I could lightly press on the brake to allow it to shift into D but it wasn't hard enough to stop the car.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
24 Posts
I found that as well the second or third time. Lol. Just a little unnerving the first time it happens when it won't kick in to gear and another car is coming up quick behind.

·
Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
134 Posts
Just had my 2019 ridge in for a service check, they said I could start using my brakes, the pads were like new after 16,500 miles. LOL.
On my old full-size 3/4-ton Chevy, the original factory front pads went 180,000 miles. The rears only lasted 150,000. And that's miles, not kilometers, despite my current location in Canada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MIA...

Also, anyone found a way to speed up getting rid of the obnoxious plastic smell in the in bed trunk?

The floor mats that come with the truck are also potent...
I haven't checked for my funnel yet. I've never ran out of gasoline in my life and can't understand how that even happens.

The trunk smell is definitely overwhelming! My entire garage smells like the fiberglass resin and paint chemicals used in a boat factory. :)

The carpeted floor mats do have that "new house carpet" smell. Mine were replaced by Honda all-weather mats before I left the dealer. The carpeted mats are tucked away in a closet.

This Ridgeline is the most unique-smelling new vehicle I've ever had. I only notice the plastic trunk/bed smell vs. the typical "new car" or leather smell. Then again, as often as I trade I've probably burned out my olfactory nerves. :(
Love that smell.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
413 Posts
So when you are in the "Trip Meter A" screen and you toggle the down arrow, the "Trip Meter B" screen does not appear? That is odd.

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Black Edition
25 Posts
That's a change that came years ago to most cars... I prevents someone from sitting with the car in neutral and accidentally knocking the shifter into D. Just like you've never been able to push from neutral to R.

881 - 900 of 935 Posts