Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
901 - 920 of 935 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is one thing people may not have noticed - on the instrument panel, the green accents on each side (outside of tachometer on left, outside of fuel & engine temp on right) fade to white (and maybe to another color) if you're driving aggressively.

With only a minute or two of searching online I couldn't find any details about this online, but next time you're accelerating take a look at how the color changes.
It does it on the CRV too. Part of the ECON system of driver control..

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
This might be on one of these 46 pages, but I just realized that you can pull on the latching end of the sun visor to extend it, making it more effective for blocking sunlight streaming in from the side. Can be very helpful when you're heading north or south in the morning or late afternoon.

·
Registered
2021 White Black Edition
21 Posts
This might be on one of these 46 pages, but I just realized that you can pull on the latching end of the sun visor to extend it, making it more effective for blocking sunlight streaming in from the side. Can be very helpful when you're heading north or south in the morning or late afternoon.
Passes the Straight Pipes visor test.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ha HA i just discovered that yesterday also. Had the truck one year in may. My previous CRV did not have it so i never checked.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Ha HA i just discovered that yesterday also. Had the truck one year in may. My previous CRV did not have it so i never checked.
Well mine is almost 2 years old, lol. Gotta ask my SIL if my old 2007 (sold it to him) does that - drove that for 8 1/2 years :).

I'd literally never heard of that until I watched a video review of the new Ford Maverick last week, in which they said "the sun visor slides out farther, of course" or something like that. Genius!

Our 2000 Odyssey had a slide-out extension on the latching end, and so does our Lexus GX460 SUV, and we love that, especially on vacation, which usually means heading south in the morning.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
24 Posts
Not sure if it was illusion, but driving through the hills in dark last night it seemed like the upper half of windshield was almost tinted, looking darker than lower half.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,142 Posts
My bought a Lexus GX460 and the holster was mounted to the lower outer side of the driver's seat.

·
Premium Member
2020 Black Edition
5 Posts
My kids say, "Dad,'new car smell' smells bad!" And I have to admit as you said Z, the Ridgeline doesn't smell like a new car; it's got a unique fragrance all its own some of it good, some of it bad.

My trunk not only stank when I first opened it up, someone had accidentally gotten white grease on it in several places. I had to scrub and scrub to get most of it out. Who knows, maybe that helps with the smell. But I did leave it open for several days to air it out. Some of those were days when it was outside, not in the garage. Bottom line: I don't notice a bad odor anymore in the trunk. It's probably not 100% gone but it's not bothering me.

I removed the all season carpets in favor of Honda's WeatherTech-style winter mats too.
its the fiberglass gassing off. it last about 2 months to a year depending how much you open your trunk. Mine still has the oder after 9 months.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
79 Posts
So here’s a weird one. I’ve had this new truck for 3-4 weeks. I LOVE it for all the reasons other people have listed on this forum.
There’s one weird thing that I wish….
I have left the back sliding window panel open almost every day. I just forget to shut it. Every time. Like a moron! I wish there was a beep or a warning light when you shut the car off that the back window is open. I know that sounds crazy. I actually left it open again last night in a hotel parking lot while traveling for work. (Luckily it hasn’t happened yet during a downpour or something).

;)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Fixture Car Window

·
Administrator
20,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #920 ·
On my '17 and '19 Ridgelines, the color of the oil in the graphic used in the oil life display would darken over time. My '21 doesn't seem to do this.

View attachment 419187
So, the color of the oil in the oil can turned dark once the oil life reached 15%. For some reason, I was thinking it darkened gradually over time - apparently, not. :)

I wish there was a beep or a warning light when you shut the car off that the back window is open.
The 1G (2006-2014) Ridgeline had a "BACK WINDOW OPEN" indicator and beeper. Unfortunately, this handy feature didn't make it into the 2G.

901 - 920 of 935 Posts