Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
921 - 935 of 935 Posts

·
Administrator
20,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #923 ·
My second day in my RL. I just noticed the heated windshield button. I missed that function when reviewing the manual.
Page 159.

It's actually a heated windshield wiper area - the entire windshield is not heated.

This feature is not advertised on Honda's website for US models even though it became standard on the US RTL-E and Black Edition beginning with the 2021 model year. Another unadvertised feature on these trims is dimming side mirrors.

·
Registered
2021 RTL Pewter
147 Posts
Page 159.

It's actually a heated windshield wiper area - the entire windshield is not heated.

This feature is not advertised on Honda's website for US models even though it became standard on the US RTL-E and Black Edition beginning with the 2021 model year. Another unadvertised feature on these trims is dimming side mirrors.
How is this area heated. Something in the window or just heated air from the inside?

·
Administrator
20,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #925 ·
How is this area heated. Something in the window or just heated air from the inside?
There's a "defroster wire" similar to the one used on the rear window located at the wiper park area and along the left side of the windshield that heats up when the feature is activated.

A few vehicles heat the entire windshield using tiny wires embedded in the glass (i.e. Volvo) or an electrically-conductive coating (i.e. some old Ford and GM models which you can identify by the windshield's pinkish reflection).

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Here I am sitting in our Ridgeline listening to the radio and reading a book while waiting for the wife to finish her appointment when suddenly the radio turns off? Reassuring that the Ridgeline will not continue to run itself down.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
413 Posts
I use that feature everyday backing into my garage. I'm able to park it within about a quarter inch of the same spot everytime because that mirror tilts down.

·
Premium Member
2022 Black Edition [Nov 24, 2021] - Traded 2017 B.E. [Sept 23, 2016]
777 Posts
I wish all windows would roll up when the truck automatically locks. Even my old 1998 BMW Z3 will roll up the windows when the doors automatically lock..
I might be wrong, but since 2011 in the U.S. cars are not allowed to have windows automatically roll-up. It is a safety thing. I may be wrong in the year. If you knew how to change settings to to other countries and bypass it. I'm not sure how to do that wilth Honda (e.g. I had an Audi that I would turn off that U.S. safety feature... along with the one-headlight "wink" when turning indicator is engaged). Correct me if I post anything incorrect, but I believe that is the case.

921 - 935 of 935 Posts