Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! First post here. So the new Ridgelines have been catching my eye a lot lately. Test drove one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Talked to a salesman afterwards and he gave me a pretty good number on a 19 sport AWD model but I’d have to let him know by the end of the month.

Hearing these transmission stories scare me pretty heavy. How many of you had actually had trans trouble? I won’t ever be pulling anything with the truck. As a auto tech for living direct injection scares me as well. Have many of you guys had the injector issue?

Average fuel mileage? I’d be coming from a 17 civic ex and I can’t beat the thing on my 40 mile (round trip) to work. I’m 24 years old and getting married next year so that’s playing into this too. Any help would be great from you guys. Thanks, jordan!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys! First post here. So the new Ridgelines have been catching my eye a lot lately. Test drove one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Talked to a salesman afterwards and he gave me a pretty good number on a 19 sport AWD model but I’d have to let him know by the end of the month.

Hearing these transmission stories scare me pretty heavy. How many of you had actually had trans trouble? I won’t ever be pulling anything with the truck. As a auto tech for living direct injection scares me as well. Have many of you guys had the injector issue?

Average fuel mileage? I’d be coming from a 17 civic ex and I can’t beat the thing on my 40 mile (round trip) to work. I’m 24 years old and getting married next year so that’s playing into this too. Any help would be great from you guys. Thanks, jordan!!
I bought the 2019 AWD Sport Ridgeline in May/June 2018. The odometer is over 16,000 miles. Zero problems, zero issues. Love the ride quality, storage, and passenger room. Very comfortable for 5 Adults, and plenty of power with 5 adults. Absolutely love the V6/ 6 Speed Transmission combination and instant acceleration from any speed. Getting on the freeway 0-65 is smooth & quick, passing from 60-90 MPH, or 75/85 -100MPH is effortless and smooth.
MPG- Freeway is 24-27 MPG

I purchased my 2019 AWD Sport in May/June 2018. I have driven over 16,000 miles so far. Zero issues, Zero problems.

Love the ride quality and V6/6 speed transmission combination. Instant acceleration from any speed. Merging into traffic: 0-65 is quick and smooth. Passing slow traffic is effortless and instant - at any speed, even 85-100 mph.
for me, Freeway MPG is 25-27 MPG, City MPG 16-18.
If you go with the Ridgeline, do the rear door modification and you'll be very glad you acquired this truck. Hope this helped

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Th
I bought the 2019 AWD Sport Ridgeline in May/June 2018. The odometer is over 16,000 miles. Zero problems, zero issues. Love the ride quality, storage, and passenger room. Very comfortable for 5 Adults, and plenty of power with 5 adults. Absolutely love the V6/ 6 Speed Transmission combination and instant acceleration from any speed. Getting on the freeway 0-65 is smooth & quick, passing from 60-90 MPH, or 75/85 -100MPH is effortless and smooth.

I purchased my 2019 AWD Sport in May/June 2018. I have driven over 16,000 miles so far. Zero issues, Zero problems.

Love the ride quality and V6/6 speed transmission combination. Instant acceleration from any speed. Merging into traffic: 0-65 is quick and smooth. Passing slow traffic is effortless and instant - at any speed, even 85-100 mph.
for me, Freeway MPG is 25-27 MPG, City MPG 16-18.
If you go with the Ridgeline, do the rear door modification and you'll be very glad you acquired this truck. Hope this helped
That helped me for sure!! Thanks for your response! I’ll let you know if I’d get the truck. And the rear door hack sure does look helpful and easy to install too. Unfortunately it may be a few months out till I get all my stuff in a row to get the truck but hoping to have it by the end of the year!

·
Super Moderator
6,679 Posts
If I was interested in either a new ‘19 or a used ‘17-‘18 I would definitely be shopping for it in the next few months, end of year could be too late with the known changes to the 2020, ‘19’s could be popular but ‘17-‘18’s could be traded in record amounts???

Moderator Note: Thread Moved

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was interested in either a new ‘19 or a used ‘17-‘18 I would definitely be shopping for it in the next few months, end of year could be too late with the known changes to the 2020, ‘19’s could be popular but ‘17-‘18’s could be traded in record amounts???

Moderator Note: Thread Moved
Yeah that’s true! I would be opposed to be buying a used 19 if I can find one. I could hold off for a 2020 one as well but if sensing features are standard on the 2020 sport count me out. I’m stuck on the sport because I like the actual truck feel and not having everything advanced like my 17 civic has.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just a lil something that may interest you where a couple of months back when we too were looking into the 2019 Sport and priced them from dealers within about a couple of hundred mile radius. We then went in to our local dealer where they did not have any Sports on the lot, but sold us an RTL for slightly less then the other dealers wanted for the Sport.....................

Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts

I am on the fence as well on buying a Ridgeline or a "full size" truck. I don't really need a full size truck for towing or anything, my only apprehension is the interior space. We are a family of 4, I'm 6'5, our kids are just getting in to their teens, but they are going to be tall as well. I have driven one and took them to sit in the back seat, but almost feel like I need to rent one for a week to see. I rented a full size for a recent trip and having the really large back seat area was pretty nice, but I would miss getting the bed trunk and better gas mileage.

Have you taken any hour plus drives with 4 adults or long trips with people in the back seat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
kenstl
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing