Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my names Kenny and I am from ST Louis..Just got back from the Honda dealer and they gave me this site to check out..I am impressed..I just graduated college and had a 2002 honda civic ex the whole time and loved it..Honda definitly makes the best under $40K cars!! I am looking to get a Ridgeline at the end of summer, so I will be searching the heck out of your guys forum.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Watch out. This site can be addictive and suck your life away. That is until you get your truck, then you will only want to drive around in your gorgeous new truck.

Have fun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Kenny,
welcome to the site.
I feel the Ridgeline is one of the most versatile and fun to drive vehicles to come down.
Honda has really done their research.
However, it is only in its first year, and all new cars have problems.
Chances are good that if you buy a Ridgeline, you will have a few.
I think it is very important to be sure of your dealer, primarily the service department.
When you read through this site, you will discover one common thread. All of us here really love these trucks.
Good luck, happy hunting
Jules

L

·
0 Posts
JulesK said:
Hi Kenny,
welcome to the site.
I feel the Ridgeline is one of the most versatile and fun to drive vehicles to come down.
Honda has really done their research.
However, it is only in its first year, and all new cars have problems.
Chances are good that if you buy a Ridgeline, you will have a few.
I think it is very important to be sure of your dealer, primarily the service department.
When you read through this site, you will discover one common thread. All of us here really love these trucks.
Good luck, happy hunting
Jules
Hi Kenny and welcome. I couldn't have said it better than my buddy Jules so I won't try.
Keep us updated!!
J.C.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I ordered mine two months ago and picked it up three weeks ago. It has been flawless, just like my other Hondas have been. I only have two complaints. Number one, the Ridgeline is seriously cutting into my riding (Harley) time. Please don't tell anyone from the HOG club that since getting this 4-door, 4-wheel japanese truck that, given the choice of taking the Harley or the Ridgeline, we go in the Ridgeline. Number two, This ROC site is addictive, just like Truckin' said. I just cant leave it alone - and my wife has noticed! As long as I take her for a ride to go shopping or to dinner she is tolerating my habbit - for now at least.

Seriously, the Ridgeline is really great, unlike any other car or truck that I have ever owned. It has been very exciting and a lot of fun. This ROC site has contributed significantly to the experience. There a lot of really good solid members that contribute a lot of quality information on a very wide variety of topics. I learn something new every day.

Once again, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lemay -- i just purchased a RTS in st. louis a little more than a month ago. i am curious which dealer sent you to this site. Finding this site before going to the dealer greatly influenced my decisions. I ended up paying $27,000 even for my RTS that include paper work and everything but i think if i had worked harder they would have given me a better deal. I went to Huey's and worked with their internet sales guy and could not have had a better experience. We dickered on price, once it was near where i wanted it i made an appointment, test drove the exact car i was interested in and the promptly bought it. (The cool thing at Huey's is the internet sales guy is salary) So i would be very interested in your experince ...

L

·
0 Posts
snowman said:
Lemay -- i just purchased a RTS in st. louis a little more than a month ago. i am curious which dealer sent you to this site. Finding this site before going to the dealer greatly influenced my decisions. I ended up paying $27,000 even for my RTS that include paper work and everything but i think if i had worked harder they would have given me a better deal. I went to Huey's and worked with their internet sales guy and could not have had a better experience. We dickered on price, once it was near where i wanted it i made an appointment, test drove the exact car i was interested in and the promptly bought it. (The cool thing at Huey's is the internet sales guy is salary) So i would be very interested in your experince ...
Welcome snowman. Enjoy your new ride!!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Welcome Kenny! I have to agree with all the other posts in that this site is very addictive! It's a good thing I don't have a laptop in my truck!

I did all my major research here before buying, which helped me get the best price from myself and my friend. It also told me what to look for in terms of potential problems, especially from dealerships!

Good luck in your research and don't be afraid to ask questions!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome Kenny,

First and foremost, test drive the competition and it'll give you a real appreciation for the RL. We test drove the Frontier, Taco, and RL and you can tell a difference between the three.

If you can afford it, get everything 'RTL-Navi but if you're handy a lot of the accessories can be purchased online (ie our sponsor handa-accessories.com) and easily installed in your own garage. If you're planning to buy at the end of summer, I'd shoot for Labor day weekend, you can probably swing a great deal. I bought on the Friday of Memorial day weekend and saved about $3k off msrp.

Tip, if you're going to buy a warranty, look for a user on this forum called christn, he'll get you a great deal. So much so, that other dealers send him emails, saying he sucks for taking away their back end business :eek:

There's a lot here so if you have a quesiton, try the search functions first and if you do post a question, let everyone know you tried to search for it first. Some people get touchy about seeing the Nth post asking 'What are the tonneau options?'. Otherwise everyone is friendly and happy to help where they can.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
kindem said:
I just gor my new Ridgeline ... oohh man ... I parked my F150 in the garage for ever.... :)
If my garage would hold a vehicle, I'd be parking the Ridgeline there and leaving the F150 on the side of the road. The garage is much, much better than parking outside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts