Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a small pick up truck but since they basically no longer exist, now I am looking at the Ridgeline. At the dealers near me I can get a new 2014 Ridgeline RTL fully loaded for about 30,000.

My question is should I buy new over used .. also it white color they have 2 left both same models/color. The used Ridgeline seem very pricey which I guess is a good thing as an owner resale seems to hold well. Also there is a Ridgeline Sport available fairly close to me at another dealer other then some cosmetic looks is there any real difference from the RTL?

Random other thought does anyone know if there is some sort of black trim pieces to break up the slab of solid white on the side? Other random question would the Ridgeline look good in tuxedo black and white?

Something like this would work ...

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow,for some reason that sounds really good.
I live in Sacramento so for Northern Cal its is a very good price... the only smallish pickup to come anywhere near that price fully loaded is Nissan Frontier, but that is even more dated looking on the inside then the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Look over this page to learn the differences in the different trim lines. Yes, there is a big difference between the Sport and the RTL, mostly in appearance and comfort items.

http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-pre-owned/ridgeline/2014/specifications.aspx
Thanks for the link ill take a look over it. I seen some images of new 2016 Ridgeline and looks nice but most likely it won be out until late 2016 or 2017 right?

Hmm wow there is a big payload difference in the sport vs RTL weird the curb weight is also almost 100 lbs lighter then the other ones. This model might be what I am looking for the only annoying thing is no blue tooth syncing.

I do like the black color far better then the white as well. The guy wants 29,000 for the sport seems a bit high to me considering I can get the fully loaded one for almost the same. Maybe I can talk him down to around 26-28k...

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
That may be an accurate time frame. No one is publicly admitting an actual time frame for the release of the G2 RL. So if you're looking to buy within the next 12 months, what you see is what you get. And there aren't many 2014 new RLs left to choose from.

OTOH, if you have time to wait and don't mind buying the first model year of a redesigned product, you might want to hold off a purchase at this time.

That being said, $30k for a new 2014 RTL is a great price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That may be an accurate time frame. No one is publicly admitting an actual time frame for the release of the G2 RL. So if you're looking to buy within the next 12 months, what you see is what you get. And there aren't many 2014 new RLs left to choose from.

OTOH, if you have time to wait and don't mind buying the first model year of a redesigned product, you might want to hold off a purchase at this time.

That being said, $30k for a new 2014 RTL is a great price.
Well I test drove the Ridgeline to day and was pretty impressed. There is some bad news though the sales man last night miss-quoted the Ridgeline. The price I am told is now $35,665.43 so bit mad at that.

The only 2 semi minor annoying things I noticed about the truck was the steering felt a little to light but then again I drive a 2001 Xterra no electric steering. Also the break feel could be a bit more direct for me on the pedal but those are things I could probably get use to.

The coolest thing about the Ridgeline is the truck like feel when driving it because from the outside you would never guess this.

I am going to call on the 2014 sport one tonight and see what they will do as far as pricing.

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
Just make sure you know the trim line differences (which are quite large) and know what you give up for a cheaper price... or vice versa.

If you tow, you will appreciate the full hitch wiring harness which the RTS and above trim lines have. It is an option for the Sport and below (but can be self-installed if you're so inclined). This is just one of the trim line differences that could sneak by you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay update time the Sport for sell in Auburn dealership they wont budge with me and the seemed somewhat insulted when I tried to lower the price. The new Ridgeline at Roseville dealer is 35,000 still bit steep for me, maybe ill let them sit on it until march I hear that's when dealer last month before bonuses go out.

One major update is I found 2 low mile Ridgelines but they are about 2hr drive from me.

2012 Ridgeline Sport 10,679 miles $24,592
http://www.hondaofserramonte.com/used/Honda/2012-Honda-Ridgeline-24132b820a0a00027176b36a63edebf9.htm

2012 Ridgeline RTL /w Navi 20,885 miles $29,991
http://www.hondaofserramonte.com/certified/Honda/2012-Honda-Ridgeline-5d87dd880a0a00e02c443078cacb1880.htm

Not sure about these price but the sport seems good to me any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
With the declining availability of 2014 RLs, dealers may be less interested in cutting deals.

Regarding your used choices, there is a significant difference in the trim lines between the Sport and the RTL/navi.

Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is some bad news though the sales man last night miss-quoted the Ridgeline. The price I am told is now $35,665.43 so bit mad at that.
There's a shocker....

Good luck OP. I don't think you will go wrong buying a Ridgeline as long as you are realistic about the vehicle's strengths and weaknesses. As others more knowledgeable than me have said, there are significant differences between the trim levels so just be sure you are up to speed on what the extra money is getting you.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
Okay update time the Sport for sell in Auburn dealership they wont budge with me and the seemed somewhat insulted when I tried to lower the price. The new Ridgeline at Roseville dealer is 35,000 still bit steep for me, maybe ill let them sit on it until march I hear that's when dealer last month before bonuses go out.

One major update is I found 2 low mile Ridgelines but they are about 2hr drive from me.

2012 Ridgeline Sport 10,679 miles $24,592
http://www.hondaofserramonte.com/used/Honda/2012-Honda-Ridgeline-24132b820a0a00027176b36a63edebf9.htm

2012 Ridgeline RTL /w Navi 20,885 miles $29,991
http://www.hondaofserramonte.com/certified/Honda/2012-Honda-Ridgeline-5d87dd880a0a00e02c443078cacb1880.htm

Not sure about these price but the sport seems good to me any thoughts?
Several members here have stated they have gotten new RTL's in the $32k range, but not $30k as far as I know. The quantity of new ones is dwindling, hence, the reluctance of dealers to lower the prices. $35k+ is high, though. The used Sport and RTL w/nav you showed seem to be nice options. The prices are pretty typical for what I would expect dealers to list them. You can do better, though. If you don't care about all the frills and whatnot, the Sport is mechanically identical to the RTL w/nav. However, auto climate control, a slightly "better" audio system, leather, heated seats, sunroof and the other goodies are extremely nice to have. My 2007 is grey like that RTL w/nav and I personally think it's one of the nicest colors on the Ridgeline. Black is nice when it's clean, but it's so darn hard to keep it that way. It will attract dirt and dust. The grey is a little easier. If you could get that RTL w/ nav for $28k, you'd be in great shape. It'll hold its value better than the Sport, in my opinion, because it has more features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well Good news I got a new 2014 Ridgeline RTL for 31,800 + tax out the door only took me weeks of annoying the sales manager at Honda Roseville. Now to get use to the controls and lay out lol already read my owners manual this morning. The hardest part is getting use to parking the car when you drive an Xterra for 14 years you get used to it.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Congrats on the new RL. We live in the same neck of the woods. I know AutoNation Honda in Roseville real well. Never bought there but service center is pretty honest and fair, at least that has been my experience.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Solduios,
I am on my second Ridgeline, only because I got such a great deal on a 2014 for my 2008. I "used" to be a a 4x4 guy. I have had Fords (both gas and diesel), Chevy, and Dodge. I asked myself "How much do I really need the big 4WD? I am not 20 years old anymore (55+)and I do some off road here in Nevada and tow occasionally, move the odd sofa, washer, refer, wife's rafting frame and gear, and boxes. The Ridgeline has been perfect for me these last 4 years with doing 15K+ miles a year on the I-80 corridor. Hopefully with the new 2014, and for the next 10 years I will have the same reliability. It is a Honda. They ride great, ride smooth, wife can handle it, and is reliable (said that). Period. Just make sure you do your 'do diligence' and do the maintenance. The ROC is a FANTASTIC group of people that are willing to help you and save you 100s if not 1000s of $.
Best,
John
Guess I should now pony up for a paid membership.:act060:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Solduios,
I am on my second Ridgeline, only because I got such a great deal on a 2014 for my 2008. I "used" to be a a 4x4 guy. I have had Fords (both gas and diesel), Chevy, and Dodge. I asked myself "How much do I really need the big 4WD? I am not 20 years old anymore (55+)and I do some off road here in Nevada and tow occasionally, move the odd sofa, washer, refer, wife's rafting frame and gear, and boxes. The Ridgeline has been perfect for me these last 4 years with doing 15K+ miles a year on the I-80 corridor. Hopefully with the new 2014, and for the next 10 years I will have the same reliability. It is a Honda. They ride great, ride smooth, wife can handle it, and is reliable (said that). Period. Just make sure you do your 'do diligence' and do the maintenance. The ROC is a FANTASTIC group of people that are willing to help you and save you 100s if not 1000s of $.
Best,
John
Guess I should now pony up for a paid membership.:act060:
That is good to hear I am in the same boat this will be a Truck will most likely drive for the next 10 years.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Congrats on your RL, you definitely got a great deal! Great color choice too :)

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
She's a looker! Congrats and welcome to RL ownership.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts