Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I could choose my salesman for the RL2, it would be this guy.

He is trying so hard to hit every feature that things just keep coming out. "Wrap around taillights, "High mount brake light", "In-box stereo", something about "wish wash fluid".

Now I haven't read all of the literature so some of these could be in the book, but some just seem made up.

Also, some of it is his pronunciation of things, but I like his effort and he's my guy.

https://youtu.be/pj2c1771QRE

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
i like that he replaced the rear USB charging ports with HDMI. I'm not sure what you would do with them, but they are cool none the less. Perhaps they are what brings the RL up to 285 HP from the standard 280.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Black Chrome?
Can't really fault him for that one. I wasn't sure what color to call it either. The BE has the same chrome piece across the top of the grille as the other trims, but it is a lot darker. Almost like a gunmetal/bronze in person.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Easy guys...he may have given us a laugh or two but this salesman was thorough and near perfect (without reading off a spec sheet)!

I had a salesperson say "I never knew it could do that" when I swung the bed door out to get to the in trunk bed...such is the state of rep knowledge!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You gave me a wonderful laugh with that MarshallM! Brilliant! I have no idea what the correct name for the BE's dark chrome is correctly called but it is almost black and kinda like the new trend in fridge stainless steel...to get the dark stainless steel options that some manufacturers call "Slate". So if stainless steel is coming in new flavors.....why not our chrome to color co ordinate the body or two tone it?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
The video really shows the limited backdoor swing opening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
"...something about "wish wash fluid".
https://youtu.be/pj2c1771QRE
Never fear, I grew up in small town Nebraska, so I speak the language :wink:....he's saying "windshield washer fluid" but contracting the word "windshield." When I first left Nebraska for college years ago, I got razzed loads for my accent and pronunciation. This guy sounds like the farmers I grew up around! But hey, he did his homework!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've watched numerous R2 videos from salesmen over the past few days. This guy was one of the better ones. Most of the videos were just plain painful to watch. Check this guy out:

"yeah yeah yeah!" "Let's do this!"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was serious about him being my salesman if possible because he went through the whole video without any notes. Better than I could've done.

Wasn't trying to make fun of him, but some of the things he said were great.

Somewhat reminded me of the Bass-O-Matic skit on SNL years ago.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
The notes may have been on big prompt cards and rehearsed ahead of time. Who knows. He did a good job nevertheless.

Reminds me of when I bought a new Timberline Jimmy back in the 80's. I still remember the salesmen saying " that's not regular electronic fuel injection it's EFI fuel injection".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts