Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
2017 GMC Acadia front sure favors a GMC Canyon that favors a Sierra.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The G1 owner who writes about his disappointment with the front styling of the G2 is certainly not alone. What many folks seem to forget, though, is that budget controls on the G2 project were largely responsible for the heavy cloning of Pilot parts. Once it was decided to use the Pilot's front fenders and hood, there wasn't much territory left to play with to give the G2 a more aggressive face. And the emphasis on aerodynamics for fuel efficiency obviously dominated the styling direction for the new truck's front end. Given multiple press commentary that the G2 looks too soft in front, Honda may try to tweak it for a truckier look in the mid-cycle refresh, but I'm doubtful there's much they can do within the current G2 sheet metal sideboards.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The G1 owner who writes about his disappointment with the front styling of the G2 is certainly not alone. What many folks seem to forget, though, is that budget controls on the G2 project were largely responsible for the heavy cloning of Pilot parts. Once it was decided to use the Pilot's front fenders and hood, there wasn't much territory left to play with to give the G2 a more aggressive face. And the emphasis on aerodynamics for fuel efficiency obviously dominated the styling direction for the new truck's front end. Given multiple press commentary that the G2 looks too soft in front, Honda may try to tweak it for a truckier look in the mid-cycle refresh, but I'm doubtful there's much they can do within the current G2 sheet metal sideboards.
Personally I really like the G2 front and would not have it any other way. I think the "truck" people want more macho "truck" style though. This is not a truck, I refer to it as a SUV with a convenient bed. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
I agree. I didn't buy a truck cause I wanted a boxy square looking truck. I wanted a softened front fascia with the capability of a mid sized truck with tech innovations that don't exist in the form of I-VTM on trucks (their 4wd systems are crap). This is the cyclone (like mentioned in a previous post) of pickup trucks in modern form. I'll take that any day of the week over a big-Ole-pickup truck (with styling to match). It's my SUT IMO.

Steve M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts