Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else having problems opening this thing. i can't imagine it would be designed to open with some difficulty. i have to use my thumb to open it up from the top after using the tab to open it about 1/4 inch wide.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No problem on mine, just a slight push downward opens it. I use it often as it supports my cell phone perfectly (while I use my bluetooth enabled headset).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same issue here, although I do not remember having this issue earlier.

Mine seems to be jamming on something. When I pull a bit, I hear a click.

·
Registered
88 Posts
swampler said:
Seems like mine used to open easy, but now the bottom edge is catching, making it very difficult to open. If I push in on the bottom while pulling down, it opens. I plan to bring this up when I go in for an oil change.
I have the same problem. Let us know the dealers response. It feels like it's catching on something or moving from a detent position. It almost feels like I'm breaking to get it open.

Maybe there's some kind of special secret sequence (hold your mouth a certain way) or something to get it to open!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I noticed that too. It looks like the bottom has bowed out a little and now catches...new and very annoying. I will bring it up too.

L

·
0 Posts
Uh oh. :eek:
I just checked my Ridge and mine does the same thing. It opens about 1/4 of an inch then stops. With a little extra pull it opens with a "pop". The rubber lining on the inside along the top pulled away a while ago and I thought maybe that was it but I watched it closely and it doesn't catch to stop it. I'll mention it too when they come to inspect for my leak.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My impression is that this is by design, to keep the thing from coming open unintentionally. It is surprisingly tight though.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Lifesaver1 said:
My impression is that this is by design, to keep the thing from coming open unintentionally. It is surprisingly tight though.
No. It didn't do this when I first got it. The plastic is definately making contact at the bottom center of the door.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Interesting. Mine was like this when delivered, with 8 miles on it. Maybe yours needed some exercise to come up to factory specs. :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
mine was fine from the get go too. I just noticed it recently...it looks like the middle of the bottom lip is hanging up. Does yours look like it is bowed?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Even though I use it several times a day for my keys, I did not notice it until I paid attention after reading this thread. Mine does the same thing - ever so slightly. I will file down the lip just a bit in the morning. That should take care of it. I will post the results.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine is the same. I noticed when I was test driving. did not think it was a big deal. But I will ask the dealer about it when I being in for service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took my in yesterday and the service advisor ordered a replacement. No explanation, in fact he barely looked at it. He claimed mine was the first he had seen with a problem opening. I didn't have time to go and try a couple of their trucks on their show room floor.

Cal
19 mpg last fill up!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you bring it up as a problem? Part of the service call? Or did the service manager just replace it because he had some information on his own.

I have the same problem but haven't taken it in yet.

L

·
0 Posts
I went around this morning and checked all the RL's on the lot. They all do that. I was told it does it so the tray won't flop open when driving rough roads. ( I guess they figure alot of people from Cleveland, the pot hole capital of the world, would be buying them ) :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
FlaDan said:
Did you bring it up as a problem? Part of the service call? Or did the service manager just replace it because he had some information on his own.

I have the same problem but haven't taken it in yet.
I did try to tell'em it was a problem. He just seemed to act like it was not a big deal and they would just replace it. I'm gonna be pissed if it still malfunctions. Sloppy service.

Cal

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i decided to let mine alone. it seems better if it's a little snug and seems to be getting more loose as i use it. one i examined in the showroom was too easy to open. i also started opening it like someone suggested, putting your finger on the lip and then pushing the bottom part with your other fingers. it's quite easy to open that way.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts