Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After visiting our daughter in NE Arkansas yesterday. We ran into the now Tropica storm Rita. In all places in Jacksonville, the rain was coming down sideway & the winds were gusty all afternoon. At time visibility was so bad a number of use stopped on the hard shoulder, because we could'nt see. It took us over 3 hours to drive the 125 mile home. The Ridgeline was steady as a rock in the wind gusts, & stayed on the highway through all the standing water & so on. The condictions were so bad, we all should have had our heads examined for being out driving in such weather. The only good thing about that trip was the joy & saftty of being in the Ridgeline & I returned 24 MPG. A result of the reduced speed we were alll driving. Honda you have made us a great little truck. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been using my wifes Ridgeline working insurance claims for hurricane Katrina for the past month... I may not give it back to her. This is a great truck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
That is GREAT NEWS! Not even any wet carpet?

rogerstruck said:
After visiting our daughter in NE Arkansas yesterday. We ran into the now Tropica storm Rita. In all places in Jacksonville, the rain was coming down sideway & the winds were gusty all afternoon. At time visibility was so bad a number of use stopped on the hard shoulder, because we could'nt see. It took us over 3 hours to drive the 125 mile home. The Ridgeline was steady as a rock in the wind gusts, & stayed on the highway through all the standing water & so on. The condictions were so bad, we all should have had our heads examined for being out driving in such weather. The only good thing about that trip was the joy & saftty of being in the Ridgeline & I returned 24 MPG. A result of the reduced speed we were alll driving. Honda you have made us a great little truck. :)

L

·
0 Posts
rogerstruck said:
So glad you are safe.
I too have experienced monsoon season and Ridgena was the first car I have ever driven that didn't make me nervous. I hope Honda doesn't change a thing. :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
My RL makes me feel really safe. Its so solid feeling through deep rain puddles, I can hardly wait (almost) for the snow! Having all those air bags is reassuring, too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NotaChevy
No wet capet. stayed dry. did not even try & grab the wheel out of my hands going through all that standing water. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts