Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

This Truck Is To Quiet For Its Own Good.

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Long Gone 
#1 ·
Over the week end I observed a new noise on my truck.
I at first thought it was static on the radio, I have seen that written up on this site. I turned the radio off and still had the noise. It sounds like small nat size bugs hitting the windshield, I sat in the passenger seat and it sounds like it is coming from the forward part of the dash at the base of the windshield. From the drivers seat it sounded to be coming from the top of the windshield or headliner.

I doubt you would notice this on 99% of the cars out there, but this truck is so quiet you notice it.
I will try to narrow in on its source, or turn the radio up.

Further deatails to follow.

#2 ·
Open the hood and see if one of the rubber strips is loose. Maybe a leaf or two near the air vents by the wipers. Does it screach real loud then go thump, thump, thump when you start the engine? Could be a cat...

#3 ·
Yes I will check under the hood, leaves are a problem at my house, live oak they only drop leaves about fourteen months out of the year. the spiky ones that bite when you step on them.

It has not gotten anoying enough to open the hood. It is a Honda you know, the only time the hood gets opened after you buy it is when it goes in for service.

I once was trouble shooting an in flight noise on a customers airplane, it was some loose window sealant, a strip about two inches long. At two hundred and fifty miles an hour it was flogging the top of the cabin just above the pilots head, sounded like Ginger Baker on steroids.

#5 ·
Broke down and opened the hood on my truck this morning, cleaned out all the leaves and acorns out of the fresh air intake plenum.

Drove to work with the radio and a/c off, the truck was as as quiet as the proverbial WHORE IN CHURCH.

I suspect the noise may have been one of those acorns doing the Macarana on the air plenum, it could have been one of those Mexican jumping acorns but those would not be speed sensitive.

#6 ·
If it starts to stink in a few days, ya might want to look around for two '1/2 cats'!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.