Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would share an experience I have witnessed over the past couple of years where a neighbor purchased a brand new brand X sport/luxury vehicle. Over the next 6-8 months the owner was continually complaining about all the things that were going wrong with it where the vehicle was spending more time sitting in the dealer's shop than getting driven. The neighbor across the street started growing weary of this owners constant complaining and offered to take the "lemon" off of the unhappy owners hands and paid a significant discount for it. Now almost a year later the purchasing neighbor has not had a single complaint about this "lemon" and swears it is the most fun vehicle he has ever owned.

In the mean time the previous owner has since purchased a Brand Y vehicle, which is another obvious lemon and has been spending the majority of it's new life at the dealer's shop.........................................

Bill

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Would be interesting to learn the identity of brand X and brand Y.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
JD powers love this neighbor and the people like them, reporting a bunch of non-issues. I've seen this phenomena in the AV world. I've read of members buying 4-10 panels of a particular flat screen model saying each one had a defect. Crazy world.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOL, I am complaining about complaining posts! :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
For some life is eternally a 'glass half-full'; for some a 'glass half-empty'; for some either glass is an invitation to add some 'chill' and enjoy lemonade when the occasional lemons are encountered.

Ah, the varieties of human nature …. keeps 'it' sporting …. just gotta take care to not get pulled down if one is predisposed to optimism and looking for the good in things (for me a happy place to be, YMMV).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
CentexG2
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing