Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had my RTL for 3 weeks now and I have a few observations.

Using the Bed for Hauling:
Yes, it will scratch. So will every other bed. The cool thing about the Ridgeline is there is no worries from the scratch. It won't rust or dent. EVERYTHING scratches if you drag something across it. This is no exception. Even if you use a bedliner, the bedliner will scratch. So will the "spray in" liners, even the rubber bed mat will get scratched up and gouged if you use it enough. So, I use it like I have used all my trucks...to haul stuff. And some scratches in the bed that no one will see but me? I don't worry because it won't rust, which is the biggest problems with the other trucks.

Stranges Noises from the Front End of the Ridgeline:
I have read several posts on here about the "clanging" or "clapping" noises from the Right front or Left front of the Ridge. This happens to me occasionally, but only after I back out of the driveway, or parking space. This noise is caused by the calipers moving on the rotor. I don't know if it's the same noise the rest of you hear, but it could be. Check it out.

Squeaky Steering Wheel:
Caused by the plastic rubbing up against the leather on my Ridge. Noise comes and goes. Not very loud to the point as not hardly noticeable.

So, there are my opinions. I love this truck better than any truck I have ever had. I'm picky but also practical. Eventually, it's going to scratch, squeak, clang or rattle, but at the end of the day, it's a Honda, so it won't break down! ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts