Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago I was returning from a business lunch, in my 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E AWD, about to drop a client off at his office. I suddenly noticed the display panel cycling through every conceivable error message, (an issue I see posted in a separate thread). At the same time, I lost most of the power to the vehicle, making it difficult to climb up slight hills, and not allowing me to go more than about 20 miles per hour on flat surfaces. Fortunately, I was able to get my client back to his office and then call Honda Roadside. They said to have the vehicle towed to a dealer and I towed it back to my dealer, Joyce Honda in Denville, NJ. My Ridgeline has about 38K mileage and I was initially told I was out of warranty if it wasn't a drive train issue. The next day, my service manager called with good news, he said the problem was with sensors on the throttle assembly. He also said that, although the throttle assembly is not part of the drive train, it is warrantied up to 50K miles. I was thrilled to hear this. Today, I picked up the car and my only out-of-pocket was for an oil change. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue or if it's a one-off. This is my second Ridgeline, my first lasted 10 years with only 1 breakdown, in the 10th year, when the radiator needed to be replaced. I'm hoping to get another 8 years out of this vehicle, but this has put a little ding in my usual Honda confidence.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts