Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the reasons I got my RL was to have fun....that is, transport recreational gear. We have three kayaks in our family; 10', 12', and 14'. Finally got to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay on this warm Fall weekend.

Thule system is the 450 Crossroads Roof Rack Shoes (attach crossbars to factory roofracks); Crossbars & the Thule Goal Post hitch-mounted rear rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice.. Looks like fun:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Excellent photos. Always love to see canoes / kayaks out on the water!
Thanks for posting those.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ridge, Cody & Yak

Thanks guys!

Another unusually warm weekend; this time only one yak. Found it easier/quicker to carry with just the "Goal Post Hitch rack" and the factory roof rack. Probably only need the crossbars and Crossroads feet for carrying three kayaks.

First time in the kayak for Cody and he's a natural.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ridgekat,
You have a good looking dog, Been trying to get Golden in a boat, looks like a fun day with your dog

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Love the puppy pictures!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have for sale Thule 450 crossroad towers and bars along with 2 bike mounts. They are basically brand new. I had they on my ford for a month. I have all the info in the for sale & Trade folder. Please email me if interested. I can sell just the towers and bars if you dont need the bike mounts.... or just the bike mounts. Let me know

- Brandon

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ridgeNH,
Golden's a good looking pup too. Now I know what'll happen if I open the sunroof with Cody up front !

Wish I could give advice about "boat training" but for Cody it's just a matter of temperament, patience and trust. Most of the time Cody and his brother, Dusty are inseperable, but I can't fit both in the yak, and may not be able to carry Dusty by himself. He's bigger and heavier by 20 pounds and still a puppy. Was very rewarding traveling with just Cody. Golden looks mature and a good candidate for boating.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
RidgeKat,

Are the 450 feet made for the Ridge roof rack? I've seen them at REI, but wasn't sure if they would work on the Ridge. Are they secure?? Any wobble?

I want to mount a Thule box and a canoe side by side using my 58" crossbars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yooper,
The 450 feet are generic shaped but fit the Ridge rails very well. Mounting system is strap that is screwed tight with hex bolt. The rubber skirt molds to the rail and there is no wobble. I got the widest crossbars (72") and planned to cut them down to size. Also planned to remove the stock aero rails to reduce wind noise. I can't comment whether your crossbars are long enough for you canoe and box, but the Thule system is solid on the Ridge roof rack rails.
You must be carrying a lot of gear to have filled your bed and need to store on your roof. Is it Spring already ?!
Enjoy,
Jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ridgekat,

I have a 2 door Chevy Blazer with a factory roof rack. I mount my large Thule box and my canoe side by side using the long Thule crossbars. One of my concerns about the Ridge was the use of Thule feet that would fit the Honda roof rack. I have checked with Thule website and they say they don't have a fit for the Ridge yet.

As soon as I can swing it, I'm buying me a Ridge. I love that truck!

Russ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts