Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got rid of my Thule cargo box and cross bar setup from previous ride and funded a new Thule bike rack. My initial plan was going with Küat NV series but after making more research here on forum and amazon I concluded to go with Thule. Here is what it looks like installed and folded. Update on its performance coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thule T2 Pro XT 2 - 2" Black Bike Rack on Ridgeline 2G

I’ve got the 1up rack (love the minimalist looking design and quality construction and parts) but am thinking of switching to something more adjustable since my boyfriend’s MTB and mine are a bit of a hassle to put next to each other. Will be curious to see what you think! Looks good.

Edit: also curious how the built in locks are. Very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Saturday is here. :) and I got some installation update with lots of pictures on the rack.
Why I decided to go with this rack can be read here
Rack is heavy! Heavy to assemble, heavy to move around till you insert it to its hitch. :)
I tried to create a small story board of the installation and its dynamics with the below pictures.
Will update with bikes on and also address the questions after my experience with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Thule T2 Pro XT 2 - 2" Black Bike Rack on Ridgeline 2G

I’ve got the 1up rack (love the minimalist looking design and quality construction and parts) but am thinking of switching to something more adjustable since my boyfriend’s MTB and mine are a bit of a hassle to put next to each other. Will be curious to see what you think! Looks good.

Edit: also curious how the built in locks are. Very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never, ever trust this rack beyond what a basic cable provides protection wise. I have a 6-7 y.o. T2 and those could be defeated by just yanking up on the arms. A friend had his bikes stolen off a newer one about a year ago. He forgot his secondary lock and they were gone in under 10 min inside.

If we go anywhere we can’t see the bikes we use a big octagonal kryptonite chain thru the bikes locked to the receiver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts