Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Ridgeline Bodyside Protectors
08P05-SJC-110 08P05-SJC-130 08P05-SJC-160 08P05-SJC-120 08P05-SJC-140 08P05-SJC-150 $549.00US $390.85US

Genuine accessory for Honda Ridgeline 2006

Help protect the sides of your Ridgeline * Two full-length protectors on each side help give excellent resistance to scratches and dings * Perfectly color-matched for a factory-installed appearance * Large size protectors are rugged and match the tough look of your Ridgeline
View image
Available Options:

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
I thought about them, but the price is outrageous! I doubt they'd be in the right place to prevent door dings... purely cosmetic. At the price they want for those few pieces of plastic I'll do without them.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I love them...thumbs up...I'm sitting at a hotdog stand last week...some dufus next to me swings his door long & wide right into me! dosent even say he was sorry & keeps walking.. i get out & looked, he hit the moldings:)
worked for me:) :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I REALLY like the looks of them but the price is totally outrageous.

I don't know what they look like in real life since I haven't seen one nor do I have my RL yet. I am hoping for a good quality aftermarket product cuz Honda's got theirs priced in the stratosphere as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
ridgeman said:
I REALLY like the looks of them but the price is totally outrageous.

I don't know what they look like in real life since I haven't seen one nor do I have my RL yet. I am hoping for a good quality aftermarket product cuz Honda's got theirs priced in the stratosphere as far as I am concerned.
here is a link to someone on the site who has them
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800
... I am still waiting to get my camera from my kid & will post pic's of my RL... I've got the flares as well

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm going to have them installed this coming weekend, I think the added cost is worth the not worrying of having someone park close to you and ding your door.... I've been noticing lots of kids getting out of large SUV's and just swinging the door open wide to slam into the car next to them.... maybe I'm noticing it more because I'm paranoid about someone dinging my door.....???

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I have them (bought them from H & A) but I have not installed them yet. I will probably get to it in the next 7 days. I will post pics, of course.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am going to wait for an aftermarket alternative. I think the price is outrageous.

L

·
0 Posts
I have them, I love them and they DO protect. And I have a mark on one of them already to prove it. :rolleyes: I park in a large parking lot for work everyday and shopping carts and people who can't open their car door or who park too close are plentiful.
:(

I'll put up a better picture later.

·
Registered
460 Posts
WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW. I AGREE WITH THOSE WHO SAY WAY OVER PRICED!!! THEY ARE A GOOD IDEA BUT MAN OH MAN, THATS PRETTY STEEP AND DISSAPPOINTING :mad:

·
Registered
536 Posts
A few tips on installation:

1) Clean the body very well and use a de-waxing solvent - change rags often or you will just be redepositinig the wax

2) The instructions have you take exact measurements from the door character line. It's MUCH easier to position the door protectors by eye, tape them to the door with blue masking tape and then mark the edges. Next continue as the instructions specify. (you should still measure the fore /aft position of the protectors so there is no interference isdsues.

You can position them by eye since they fit into the two depressions in the door.

3) Keep the truck warm and dry after install for 24 hrs

·
Registered
635 Posts
I do not have door protectors this truck needs them, lots of smooth sheet metal on the sides look as though they would ding easy. The fender wells look prone to dings as well. The ridge has quite thin sheet on the sides and I am concerned obout dings, even leaning up against the forward side of the bed loading things causes that skin to deform momentarily.

The gaurds I agree are over priced, I have thought about a Woody look, cutting some 1X3 plank and RTVing it where the moulding goes. Could look cool and cheaper than the colored moulding. You would need a couple of surfboards to throw in the back as well.

I think one of you should try it so I can see if I like it. If I have any other hairbrained ideas I want you to try as well I will let you know.

Steve

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm not a big fan of installing accessories that have to stick to the body with adhesives. I think they look ok (probably better than the indentations that are on the doors without the bodyside trim). I wish Honda would have kept the doors smooth without these indentations.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those contours in the side panels give it much more strength, if it was smooth sheet it would need to be much thicker and heavier.

Steve

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Whaleya,

Thanks for the info. I'll keep those tips in mind whe I go to install the protectors.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Those contours in the side panels give it much more strength, if it was smooth sheet it would need to be much thicker and heavier.

Steve
Precisely. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is the first accessory I put on. I agree it's over-priced but as I look at all the door dings on my other 5-yr old car - I know it will pay for itself in a short time and help keep my ridgleline looking nice.
It's not if you'll get a door ding - but when.
It gives me some peace of mind too - although the wheel fenders look vulnerable but not as likely to get dinged.
As for asthetics - I think it improves it some.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts