Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a couple of situations where I've made a hard, but very slow (like parking lot speed) turn to the Left. The car rocks and maybe thumps a bit, like the tire had 3" of mud or was flat. The first time I thought it really was mud. Now, I'm not so sure. Must be in the driveline somewhere. Ideas?

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
The only things I can think of are:

• Sticking clutch in the iVTM-4 unit causing the driveline to bind up. When this happens, does it it seems like the vehicle is "bogging down" requiring you to press the accelerator pedal a little more than usual?
  • A "noisy" wheel speed sensor causing the ABS to activate at low speeds. If I suspected this was an issue, I might try pulling the ABS fuse to see if the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Any wheel spacers or aftermarket rims involved? First thought I had was bad Ackerman set-up. The issue with that thought is it would happen on both sides.
Ball joints and tie rods in good shape?

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
801 Posts
Any difference on a "slippery" surface such as loose gravel or grass vs a paved road surface? Does it happen in all AWD modes? How about with VSA turned OFF? My guess would be something in the front drive shafts binding in a sharp left turn but suspect that would be accompanied with a grinding or popping sound.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry... I thought that it was in my signature. 21 RTL-E 10K Miles Unmodified. I had a '17 RTL-E before this and am familiar with the normal feel of the Truck, albeit with a new model transmission.
The first time it happened was at the end of a cul-de-sac. There was a bit of slippery mud, but I'm not sure which wheel(s) may have caught it. I don't recall the road conditions on the second event.
I tried to repeat it today, but couldn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts