Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
I have had no problem with my 2014 Ridgeline navigation or clock, my clock resets itself all the time no need to adjust clock because it does it by the GPS system.
I did not drive my vehicle on Jan 1st at all, I got in it today Jan 2nd and my clock displays Jan 1st, 2002
I pulled my battery cable to reset everything but when it came back on after 5 or 6 minutes as soon as the gps received a signal, it still shows Jan 1st, 2002 HELP
I've tried contacting Honda about this and so far, I have no answer

· Registered
98 Posts
I have had no problem with my 2014 Ridgeline navigation or clock, my clock resets itself all the time no need to adjust clock because it does it by the GPS system.
I did not drive my vehicle on Jan 1st at all, I got in it today Jan 2nd and my clock displays Jan 1st, 2002
I pulled my battery cable to reset everything but when it came back on after 5 or 6 minutes as soon as the gps received a signal, it still shows Jan 1st, 2002 HELP
I contacted Honda today about this and they said it only affected 2006 to 2012 models, obviously WRONG. All they said was the "system" will correct its self in August. So I countered...is Honda going to sit on their asses and let us suffer for 8 months ? My other counter...The Honda engineers must be completely incompetent if they couldn't come up with a fix in just a couple of weeks.

· Registered
98 Posts
The issue isn't coming up with a fix, it's the massive cost involved in deploying that fix for millions of vehicles which are no longer covered by warranty for a problem that doesn't present a safety risk. Honda likely had nothing to do with this, anyway, as they didn't make the navigation systems - Alpine did.
Actually, it ISN'T a massive cost. The cost is in a software update from the Ground to the GPS Satellite.
I had hoped thousands from this venue contacted Honda to complain. I contacted them and they called me back.
The bottom line is they lied and said they're working on it. Believe me they will let it go until August having us wait 8 months for the fix..
I'm a retired Electrical Engineer that also worked in Aerospace. I offered my services stating that IF I couldn't fix the problem it two weeks or less, they would owe me nothing. Needless to say, they never got back to me.

· Registered
98 Posts
That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?
When you turn the key to start the engine, immediately select "OK" THEN you can go into settings and correct the clock, but NOT the calendar. After 8 months, the P<O>S Honda Engineers didn't do what they professed to do to correct the GPS Satellite settings. Today, they told me in three MORE weeks, we can set the calendar manually

· Registered
98 Posts
That's a bit of apples and oranges though. No one expects a cell phone to last 10 years - you're meant to be able to easily replace a cell phone or computer within a few years as technology changes. IE, you go to the mobile store, buy a new phone, they port your number and you're out the door in 15 minutes. Wireless networks update communication technology in order to adopt faster and more efficient communication systems which require newer hardware to support their use. No one expects a cell phone to last 15 years and the cost reflects that.

The navigation system is built into the Ridgeline and it is difficult/expensive to replace. The clock is the most basic function of the system. When the nav system is not in use, you see the clock. Frankly, most users would never replace that and in most cases, you expect that it will be used for the life of the vehicle, which could easily extend beyond 10 to 15 years.

Plus, has the date and time encoding from GPS changed over the last few years? It's not like there's a new scheme in how dates and time are conveyed which necessitate newer hardware, as is the case with cell phones.

This is clearly a Honda screw up and not a problem with expectations. I don't think it's too much to ask for the clock to work on a 10 year old car.
Honda refused fix their GPS. We can adjust the clock manually where its supposed to be automatic. The incorrect calendar will not be fixed. Honda essentially just said....Get Over It

1 - 6 of 6 Posts