Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts
There was a time I can remember when vehicles had no clock, much less a calendar. Then the analog clock was introduced.

It's amazing how far we have come and how little we are willing to do without.

This is obviously going to take a while to fix and implement, if Honda plans to do so at all.

If having a clock in your vehicle is important to you, you might want to get a small, discreet battery-operated clock in the interim.

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts
You should avoid purchasing a DVD update if you expect it to resolve this issue. It will not. No need to waste money, unless you are wanting the map updates.

This is a software issue that has created the time discrepancy as of 1/1/22, and will most likely need to be corrected by a Honda Service tech when they get a software update.

More details from the dozens already reporting this, on multiple models, are in this thread:

I'm sure moderators will combine all the threads, soon.

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts
Thanks. I just inherited a 2013 Ridgeline so I decided to update the nav because of so many roads in my area not showing up…but wondered if it would correct this issue as well, but based on all of the posts I read since my original post I see that it is not going to fix that issue.
My first experience with Honda navigation was my 2012 Crosstour. I was not impressed. It's so antiquated, compared to Google Maps, plus those updates are so expensive. I decided not to go that route in the future.

I did what you are planning; wait a few years then get an update.

Congratulations on your 2013. I think you will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts
2019 BE, mine has never done that. What it does do though is set the clock incorrectl, I’m in aZ we don’t do dst. The clock doesn’t know that and requires manual manipulation to get it right.
Can't you go into your settings and turn off Auto Daylight?

This is an option on my 2021.
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
519 Posts
We'll see, as I stated before I've delt with the same issues on our Primex systems. Primex makes the transceivers to send the signals out to the devices in the buildings. Garmin provides the GPS antenna for them, they literally have a life span of 5 to 7yrs give or take when they were mfg.

The "lifespan" is not necessarily meaning that the device shuts down, it means that they stop receiving the updated signals to provide a accurate date and time and can not be updated. Which is why I'm not buying into Honda stating the issue will be fixed by August 2022.

If it doesn't work then it is no biggie, my time in opening the dash to get access and $55 is no big loss.
Well, I'm not an ET or anything, but I do have a doctorate in common sense and there's no way you can convince me a physical device (GPS antenna) can fail at precisely the same time on every Honda vehicle with this particular system.

It's software, firmware, programming, Morse code, or whatever these antiquated devices are using to process information.

Come on, man...
Enjoy your new antenna. Maybe it will make a good paperweight.

1 - 9 of 10 Posts