Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moderator's note: Honda has acknowledged this issue. Click here.

UPDATE: There is a potential fix that involves disassembly, soldering, and programming. See
this post.

End of moderator's note. The original post follows.

Today I drove to work, didn't bother to engage the navigation system so the screen just turns to clock. The clock reads January 1, 2002. There is no clock read out on the stereo which is usually aligned with the clock on the navi. GPS system works. Just the time is goofy.
Communication Device Telephony Gadget Audio equipment Plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the new Navigation (2012 Update). I’ll let you all know if this fixes the issue.
Yes, please let us know. Looks like Honda wants $149.00 plus 4 bucks for shipping for a 2021 map upgrade and says it is the last update. I might just skip the $150+ fee for a working clock. My navigation system still works. Just the clock doesn't.
Font Material property Screenshot Technology Rectangle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
My G1 didn't have navi, so I'm not sure of how the radio display and navi head communicate. But, I'm not overly confident Honda will find a fix for this as I'm not so sure they have a method to reflash the bios of the head unit to update the software. If its 10-bit based as zroger mentioned, I think that would take a chip change, not a software update.

Chris: If you disconnected your battery, do you not have to enter the security code in the radio to bring the display back? I remember having to do that more than once. Look in your manual or at the side of your glove box for the code.

I remember some of our Unix systems at work couldn't comprehend 2000 and went back to 1970 at Y2K. We ended up scrapping them.
I disconnected the battery. Yes the codes have to be reentered for both the radio and navigation. The codes worked, but now the stereo has no clock, time is still set to 2002 on navigation system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts