Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
201 - 220 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let me know if it works...and by the way, how much did the DVD set you back. I've heard somewhere around 250$ US! That's like a gizzilion Canadian dollars here!

Go to www.hondanavi.navigation.com and go through the prompts as asked and it will show you the cost. I just paid $163 US dollars, including tax & shipping.

Let me know if it works...and by the way, how much did the DVD set you back. I've heard somewhere around 250$ US! That's like a gizzilion Canadian dollars here!
CORRECTION: (sorry had the wrong site link....) Honda | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home
Organism World Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1 Posts
For just a little more than the cost of an updated disc, I can replace the radio in my Ridgeline and with free updates to the (Garmin) navigation. Also makes ALL features much more user friendly.
Honda likely feels no obligation to offer assistance.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Issue will resolve itself in 7-8 months. Interesting. Sounds like someone just wants someone to stop riding his ass for a few weeks while he can figure out how to solve the problem. I find it very hard to believe that this issue will resolve itself in August. 7-8 months should also give the attorneys time to figure out their stance on the issue. Maybe blame it on the pandemic and claim it was affected by coronavirus and couldn’t do its job well while wearing a mask.

Has this issue caused any hardships on anyone yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Issue will resolve itself in 7-8 months. Interesting. Sounds like someone just wants someone to stop riding his ass for a few weeks while he can figure out how to solve the problem. I find it very hard to believe that this issue will resolve itself in August. 7-8 months should also give the attorneys time to figure out their stance on the issue. Maybe blame it on the pandemic and claim it was affected by coronavirus and couldn’t do its job well while wearing a mask.

Hardship? I suppose that would depend on ones interpretation of the word. Being out of work for 2 weeks due to an illness and losing pay because of it - THAT's a hardship. If I came to DEPEND on my vehicle for the time/date/year, then my problems are MUCH BIGGER then the fact that it is incapable of providing the information with any accuracy right now. ;)

·
Registered
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
16 Posts
I was looking for something today and came across a drawer with 5 or 6 old cell phones in it. Got me to thinking. The reason these phones are no longer working is because of software upgrades. My 2010 RTL is 12 years old. That's a long time for software life. My NAV clock just went haywire today. I'm gonna take it off the clock feature and put it on maps or something and keep it moving. The clock on my radio works and I have a watch. I'm not buying no DVDs. I'm good to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2009 RTL as of Jan 1st my radio clock is an hour ahead and won't stay set and the Navi clock reads 10:16 or 10:17, it doesn't actually say anything else and January 1st.

11 pages of comments and some say folks bought the new CD for the Navi, which didn't resolve the issue. $150 is a lot for me to spend on a hope or a prayer.

And why August? Pic of clock. It was 12:10 pm when I took it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does Honda really think we are to wait until August 2022??? A worldwide problem. This is piss poor customer service and they are relying on the sheep to stay in line. They created the problem and need to fix it PROMPTLY. I did not buy my 2014 SE to ignore the equipment I paid for! Honda's communication avenues (email, snail mail, etc.) need to be overwhelmed by traffic about this issue and that August 22 is unacceptable. All large organizations know that people will bitch, moan and complain but do nothing about it (apathy). Just look at our Country. DO something about it - don't be a sheep! As a 47 year retired CPA with international experience, I know of what I speak. With enough "heat" they will give it the resources it warrants.
A lot of anger for a 7-8 year old truck displaying the wrong date. It’s this really worth it?

Hardship? Like no other way to know what year it is? C’mon.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It will not solve the calendar issue, but can you hack the clock to the correct time by turning off the "Auto time-zone by GPS" and "Auto Daylight Savings Time"? The nav manual advises turning those off in Hawaii and Alaska as satellite reception is inconsistent or not available. People also keep talking 'head unit', but is the brains of the GPS not under the passenger seat and the display is simply a display?

Hardship? Like no other way to know what year it is? C’mon
It is certainly going to hurt the resale value of these vehicles. I know if I'm looking at spending $1000 to return a function that was part of the standard equipment, that's coming off the price I'm willing to pay for the vehicle. Promise to fix itself in August or not, that hasn't been proven yet. You also have to remember, this was a $3,000 option (at least in 2011). That's not disposable product chump change

·
Registered
211 Posts
It is certainly going to hurt the resale value of these vehicles. I know if I'm looking at spending $1000 to return a function that was part of the standard equipment, that's coming off the price I'm willing to pay for the vehicle. Promise to fix itself in August or not, that hasn't been proven yet. You also have to remember, this was a $3,000 option (at least in 2011). That's not disposable product chump change
I’m just not agreeing with your logic, but I respect your right to have it. If you buy a 11 or 12 year old car and a major concern is making the clock accurate, well, so be it. Good luck finding someone who will take $1000 bucks off so you can know the year. That’s about 10% value of the whole truck.

·
Super Moderator
2,954 Posts
"Seems like yesterday"... I was working in retail selling computers and other electronics at the time. When we closed that evening, corporate had directed us to power down everything (except for the security system) on December 31, 1999 and not power up anything on January 1, 2000 until we were given the "all clear". I was at a local nightclub that has since closed listening to Kenny G's Auld Lang Syne (The Millennium Mix) minutes before midnight. As the music transitioned to Will Smith's Gettin' Jiggy Wit It at the start of the new year, I breathed an intoxicated sigh of relief as the power remained on, my digital camera still took photos, and my flip phone still had service. All of my computers and other electronic devices still functioned after I woke up later that day with a hangover.
Ha ! I was the Y2K conversion guy for Compaq at the time. We did assessments at customer sites to determine their vulnerability of their computers and installation of fixes for that all. When Y2k came I was at a Y2k party. Of course no power went out as I knew it wouldn't.

If the yuppies/millennials would stop expecting all the fancy gadgets that require a 2 inch thick owners manual to operate on their trucks/cars , that don't work after a year or so and rely on a good wrist watch and a hard copy calender, all would be good. THERE IS MORE UNUSED JUNK ELECTRONICS ON MY 2021 RIDGELINE than I have any need for...........often it won't start after engine stops at a traffic light (because I forgot to hit the disable button when starting the damn thing )........what is needed is a good (and new ) 1970's pick up truck that is a plain Jane 1/2 ton basic truck,shoot the governmental regulators that require all this safety stuff (require drivers to actually learn to drive again and be responsible for themselves and others......and all would be good again !!!
Maybe that's true, you would buy a stripped down model. But maybe you forgot to look that there is some of those for sale. And they languish on the lots as they are not what people want to buy. People want the fancy thing with the buttons. Sorry but true.

·
Administrator
24,288 Posts
Ha ! I was the Y2K conversion guy for Compaq at the time. We did assessments at customer sites to determine their vulnerability of their computers and installation of fixes for that all. When Y2k came I was at a Y2k party. Of course no power went out as I knew it wouldn't.
I sold Apple, Compaq, HP, eMachines, NEC, and Packard Bell at the time. Compaq was my "go to" brand - it's what I bought for myself and recommended to others. I sold a lot of Presarios back then!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I sold Apple, Compaq, HP, eMachines, NEC, and Packard Bell at the time. Compaq was my "go to" brand - it's what I bought for myself and recommended to others. I sold a lot of Presarios back then!
My second laptop was a Compaq, loved that thing. I actually still have it somewhere. It is crazy how big that thing is compared to today's machines. I had that one custom built and it was something like $1500. It was a tank though and lasted me a long time.

I too worked retail at the time, at a big box store in electronics, and also interned at Motorola in the summer before the switch. I remember all of the Y2K compliant stickers on stuff. Much ado about nothing for that one.

201 - 220 of 483 Posts