Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
241 - 260 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hardship? Like no other way to know what year it is? C’mon.
To make a sincere effort to quantify the “hardship” experienced by some people:

1) I wasted an hour of my life RTFM and trying to figure out why the clock on my wife’s pilot would not update. We don’t use the Nav, but must adjust the radio time via the Nav. We also discovered that there’s no apparent way to turn off obtaining time from the Nav. It’s just broke.

How many owners lost an hour of their life? Should Honda have made an effort to contact the owners of the vehicles before we all waste this time? Perhaps we are distracted driving bc we are trying to figure out the clock issues while driving. I agree it’s not a safety issue, but I do think Honda should have done a better job sending out a notice to owners about this issue. I should t have to google. Honda would save customer, employee, and dealer time if they just get ahead of the issue and make sure it is well communicated. Not doing so is a type of negligence and apathy for all the people listed above.

2) How many people are just going to be late for something or just mess up the time or something in their life as a result of their clock being off an hour or whatever? The lack of communication mentioned above could result in real-life issues for people. It might sound stupid, but how much does your spouse flip out on you when you are an hour late for something. Just one time, and for some people it could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and causes a divorce or some other very expensive tragedy in someone’s life.

Ok, the above are both a stretch, but WTF did I need to learn about this in an online car forum, and not a notice send to me, someone with my vehicle registered with the dealer that contacts me about Takata airbag issues? Just because the clock isn’t going blow up in my family members face and maim or kill us doesn’t mean that it’s not worth sending a friggin email or text message. “We are sorry to report there’s an issue with the Nav clock on all Honda _.” Would that be so hard for Honda to even try to do?

Bad PR. That’s what this comes down to. And Brands are all about PR. This will result in pure crap for Honda’s elite brands, vehicles (Acura) and electronic features on their vehicles. Honda lawnmower engines rule. Their navigation sucks. Our Nav system has been broken for years. I’m so glad I opted to skip that one feature on my 2006 RTL w sunroof, top of the line with the exception of Nav. Now I do wish I had a backup camera, and am glad the used Pilot we bought has the Nav for the backup camera. I do wish my ridgeline had a backup camera, and attribute my rear bumper looking like absolute crap to not having a backup camera. I’ve got no excuse for all the dents on the passengers side of my truck though. I guess I don’t use my passenger mirror enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem on my 2011 RTL. Worked fine before the New Year. Now it's stuck in 2002. When I try to adjust the time manually it does not change. What's worse is that the clock on the Navigation screen is different than the clock on the stereo unit below. Did our Navigation time out? I currently have Ver.4.C0. Wonder if updating to a newer map DVD will help.
I am having the very same issue.???

·
Registered
369 Posts
My 2006, the same, time a 12:00 and calendar at 1/2002. I believe it is a software/firmware issue with the Nav unit since the issue began 1/1/2022. The radio head unit obtains its time from the Nav unit, and I do not believe the head unit is the cuplprit. Before finding out this is a systemic issue, I thought it could be the units just needed to be reset. So, I disconnected the negative battery cable for a minute, reconnected and then entered the navigation/radio codes. Now the radio does not display time at all, most likely because the Nav unit is not sending the time to the head unit. Same issue on the Nav unit with calendar and time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had no problem with my 2014 Ridgeline navigation or clock, my clock resets itself all the time no need to adjust clock because it does it by the GPS system.
I did not drive my vehicle on Jan 1st at all, I got in it today Jan 2nd and my clock displays Jan 1st, 2002
I pulled my battery cable to reset everything but when it came back on after 5 or 6 minutes as soon as the gps received a signal, it still shows Jan 1st, 2002 HELP
I've tried contacting Honda about this and so far, I have no answer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve have a similar strange issue on my 2014 SE with Nav. The radio display clock is an hour off…the nav display clock is a totally different time…and the calendar date is January 1st, 2002. No matter what I try, I can’t reset anything! I have not unhooked the vehicle battery yet.
Any ideas on a fix?
My 2006, the same, time a 12:00 and calendar at 1/2002. I believe it is a software/firmware issue with the Nav unit since the issue began 1/1/2022. The radio head unit obtains its time from the Nav unit, and I do not believe the head unit is the cuplprit. Before finding out this is a systemic issue, I thought it could be the units just needed to be reset. So, I disconnected the negative battery cable for a minute, reconnected and then entered the navigation/radio codes. Now the radio does not display time at all, most likely because the Nav unit is not sending the time to the head unit. Same issue on the Nav unit with calendar and time.
Any ideas on a fix?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?
Sorry, Setup in Nav will not let you manually Reset ! Today’s date 01/09/2022

Sorry, Setup in Nav will not let you manually Reset ! Today’s date 01/09/2022
Really would have thought that Honda Engineering was a little Smarter than that ?

Really would have thought that Honda Engineering was a little Smarter than that ?
Not Happy ! … With HONDA 🙁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Chris, do we have permission to use your pic at The Sun? With credit of course. Thanks!

Moderator's note: The following screen shot of a chat with Honda provides that latest information available on this issue.

View attachment 421119

End of moderator's note. The original post follows.

Today I drove to work, didn't bother to engage the navigation system so the screen just turns to clock. The clock reads January 1, 2002. There is no clock read out on the stereo which is usually aligned with the clock on the navi. GPS system works. Just the time is goofy. View attachment 421043

·
Registered
Ridgeline
1 Posts
So seems Patience is a virtue ;)

While it is unclear what is causing the Honda/Acura bug, this past weekend, Microsoft Exchange was hit by a Y2K22 bug that froze the delivery of email.
Microsoft's bug was caused by the date being stored in an int32 variable that can hold only a maximum value of 2,147,483,647. However, dates in 2022 have a minimum value of 2,201,010,001 for January 1st, 2022, at midnight, causing the software to crash.
The same bug may affect Honda and Acura cars, but Honda customer service has said it should resolve itself in August 2022, indicating it may be a different issue.
"Yes, we are so sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your vehicle. We have escalated the NAVI Clock Issue to our Engineering Team and they have informed us that you will experience issue from Jan 2022 thru August 2022 and then it will auto-correct," Honda customer support told a car owner.
Another Honda owner was given a similar response that the issue will automatically be fixed in August 2022.
"We're aware of the issue our engineers are looking into it. They've advised its something to do with the navi's calendar and that it will resolve itself when the date rolls over into August but they're looking for a counter measure to correct it sooner," customer support told another owner.
It is doubtful that Acura and Honda will force a car owner to wait seven months for a fix, and an update for the navigation system will likely be released to resolve the issue.
BleepingComputer has reached out to Acura and Honda to learn more about the bug and how they plan on fixing it but have not heard back.
Thx Aristides for the tip!

·
Administrator
24,289 Posts
Hi Chris, do we have permission to use your pic at The Sun? With credit of course. Thanks!
@adamsolomons5 , that image belongs to user "Randlejam" on OdyClub.com - not to me or @Chris Callopy . I saw it on OdyClub and put it in @Chris Callopy's post along with a link to the original post on OdyClub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moderator's note: The following screen shot of a chat with Honda provides that latest information available on this issue.

View attachment 421119

End of moderator's note. The original post follows.

Today I drove to work, didn't bother to engage the navigation system so the screen just turns to clock. The clock reads January 1, 2002. There is no clock read out on the stereo which is usually aligned with the clock on the navi. GPS system works. Just the time is goofy. View attachment 421043
Following.. seeing the same issue. Cannot set the time or date on a 2014 Honda Ridgline. We thought it had to do with the battery dying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve have a similar strange issue on my 2014 SE with Nav. The radio display clock is an hour off…the nav display clock is a totally different time…and the calendar date is January 1st, 2002. No matter what I try, I can’t reset anything! I have not unhooked the vehicle battery yet. Any ideas on a fix?
1/10/22: 2009 Ridgeline RTL purchased new, NAV disc drive under seat replaced under warranty same year. Exact same read-out! Is Honda screwing with us? Has their satellite software been hacked? What the heck gives HONDA???

·
Registered
2009 RTS
805 Posts
Heck, you guys and gals are worried about a clock.....pfffff

I was laid off for Christmas and part of the States Unemployment Computer System failed due to the 22bug.
I had to resend all my information and other scanned documents as it seems they lost that information due to the bug.
They just updated all their software for the system last year too.
I'm back to work, but I still haven't received compensation for that week.

So to be honest here, I have found these post to be somewhat humorous....lol.

Reactions: ajg1960 and Showkey

·
Registered
2 Posts
To make a sincere effort to quantify the “hardship” experienced by some people:

1) I wasted an hour of my life RTFM and trying to figure out why the clock on my wife’s pilot would not update. We don’t use the Nav, but must adjust the radio time via the Nav. We also discovered that there’s no apparent way to turn off obtaining time from the Nav. It’s just broke.

How many owners lost an hour of their life? Should Honda have made an effort to contact the owners of the vehicles before we all waste this time? Perhaps we are distracted driving bc we are trying to figure out the clock issues while driving. I agree it’s not a safety issue, but I do think Honda should have done a better job sending out a notice to owners about this issue. I should t have to google. Honda would save customer, employee, and dealer time if they just get ahead of the issue and make sure it is well communicated. Not doing so is a type of negligence and apathy for all the people listed above.

2) How many people are just going to be late for something or just mess up the time or something in their life as a result of their clock being off an hour or whatever? The lack of communication mentioned above could result in real-life issues for people. It might sound stupid, but how much does your spouse flip out on you when you are an hour late for something. Just one time, and for some people it could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and causes a divorce or some other very expensive tragedy in someone’s life.

Ok, the above are both a stretch, but WTF did I need to learn about this in an online car forum, and not a notice send to me, someone with my vehicle registered with the dealer that contacts me about Takata airbag issues? Just because the clock isn’t going blow up in my family members face and maim or kill us doesn’t mean that it’s not worth sending a friggin email or text message. “We are sorry to report there’s an issue with the Nav clock on all Honda _.” Would that be so hard for Honda to even try to do?

Bad PR. That’s what this comes down to. And Brands are all about PR. This will result in pure crap for Honda’s elite brands, vehicles (Acura) and electronic features on their vehicles. Honda lawnmower engines rule. Their navigation sucks. Our Nav system has been broken for years. I’m so glad I opted to skip that one feature on my 2006 RTL w sunroof, top of the line with the exception of Nav. Now I do wish I had a backup camera, and am glad the used Pilot we bought has the Nav for the backup camera. I do wish my ridgeline had a backup camera, and attribute my rear bumper looking like absolute crap to not having a backup camera. I’ve got no excuse for all the dents on the passengers side of my truck though. I guess I don’t use my passenger mirror enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, looks like I'm joining a conspiracy, my 2010 Rdigeline RTL has just crashed with the same time & date problem. I have a 2010 Accord also.......need to go check it. I'm assuming that since it is a mass problem it's Honda's way of getting us to spend $150 for a new Navi CD.

This happened to your 2021 Ridgeline?
I thought it wasn't an issue with having a 2021 Navigation DVD but that isn't the case.... I have the 2021 DVD and I also have this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve have a similar strange issue on my 2014 SE with Nav. The radio display clock is an hour off…the nav display clock is a totally different time…and the calendar date is January 1st, 2002. No matter what I try, I can’t reset anything! I have not unhooked the vehicle battery yet. Any ideas on a fix?
I'm having the exact same issue. Radio clock out an hour and jan 1st 2002. What is this about?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?
I have 2005 Acura MDX and 2014 Honda Ridgeline. I have attempted to change time by 1 hour on both vehicles manually - the changes do not update. I have turned off Daylight Saving time recognition and time zone recognition - but still not able to edit the time shown on the clock.

241 - 260 of 483 Posts