Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
281 - 300 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Audio equipment Font Wood Rectangle Gas

Here's a example as to why I think the GPS antenna for the time zone is the issue. Fortunately for these Primex systems I have the ability to manually change the time zone to keep the systems clocks in check until I get the new part. Antennas from Garmin have a life span of about 5-7yrs. I understand this is a entirely different system but these antennas are getting their signal from a general source.
Peripheral Wood Gadget Audio equipment Thumb

The antenna was replaced and immediately the system recalibrates to the proper date and time.
Bicycle tire Font Bicycle part Bicycle Wood

·
Registered
9 Posts
2006 Ridgeline. Clock had been successfully updating for time zone changes and daylight savings time changes. Suddenly it is one hour ahead as thought it is on daylight savings time. Went into settings and they all look OK. In car mapping follows GPS successfully. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2011 Crystal Black Pearl Ridgeline RTL Navi
85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem on my 2011 RTL. Worked fine before the New Year. Now it's stuck in 2002. When I try to adjust the time manually it does not change. What's worse is that the clock on the Navigation screen is different than the clock on the stereo unit below. Did our Navigation time out? I currently have Ver.4.C0. Wonder if updating to a newer map DVD will help.
have same model and same issue…
Its a known issue- at least NOW it is… caught them completely off guard…. Computer glitch which they really don’t have a fix other than tell you to wait till august and it will fix itself…. Nice support huh…

·
Registered
211 Posts
AGAIN- This is total BS by Honda! They are relying on apathy. "Blow up" there communications. I did not buy a $40K vehicle to buy a stick on clock. Don't be sheep! It is the same thing affecting our Country. Honda needs to pay a price for this incompetence. You note they do NOT say how August will fix the problem???
This is hilarious. Blow up their communications— I don’t know what time it is!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
2010 Ridgeline RTL. A few days ago I noticed the time displayed on my nav screen was 7:21, the time displayed on my radio was 4:15, the actual time was 3:15. I went into the nav and changed the time to 3:15, when I cycled the ignition the time display was 10:3, radio time was still4:15. I also noticed the date was 1/1/2001. Although I do not drive it as often as I once did, I still drive it every other week. The battery has never gone dead. Several months ago It required the radio / nav code to be inputed, it has not asked since.

So the question is: how do I set the date / time and have it sync to the radio and nav ?

Thanks for the advice

Sorry, I see this has been addressed. Never mind , nothing to see here ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have to got into the setup option, then hit more, and then clock adjust. Once there you can do the time zones, DST, and even shut down the GPS time. Looks like on my 2010 it can pick the DST months but on my older truck I had to kill the GPS time option till things were back in sync with the new dates of the change.
My clock setup looks good; DST is on and my home address is good but clock is still one hour aheead.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here is Honda's work around. Not a perfect fix.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,262 Posts
Here is Honda's work around. Not a perfect fix.
Key takeaways for the 2006-2014 Ridgeline:
  • The date will never be correct again - even after August 2022.
  • The automatic daylight saving time adjustment will no longer occur on the correct date.
  • The time won't be correct until August 17, 2022 and there is no workaround until then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recent saw this Acura service news article regarding 2022 clock issue. I would think the same would apply to Honda models also. See PDF

Update - I found the Honda PDF posted by MtMan.
Unfortunately it states:
NOTE: 2006–2014 Ridgeline units, the clock has rollover, with no possible work around until August 17,2022

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,834 Posts
Why didn't some engineer at Honda/Acura see this coming a couple of years ago, so we could have tempered our enthusiasm regarding the time management system in the Ridgeline? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pilot owners have been disconnecting their batteries at 12:58pm (actual time) and reconnecting them at 1:00pm (actual time). Some claim this "fixes" their clock (although the calendar is still wrong). Who knows if this inconvenient workaround will last until August and what, if anything, will happen in August or between now and August. I see lots of unqualified owners disconnecting and reconnecting their batteries. :)
I went to the dealer today and they showed me that service bulletin. The 1 o'clock fix works on many Hondas, but states it does not work on Gen 1 Ridgelines :(
My clock in the radio display did work until I had a remote starter installed last week by the dealer. They disconnected the battery for the installation - now I have no radio clock. It was off by an hour, but at least it was reliable - not like the one in the Nav display

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,665 Posts
So very disappointed in Honda tech group for not coming up with a proper fix. I have owned no less than 10 Honda vehicles, and this has caused me to rethink my loyalty to the brand!!
Yep...a clock would make me do the same:unsure:

281 - 300 of 483 Posts