Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ridgeline RTL w/ Navi
2 Posts
Same issue here with 2009. According to the manual the time & date are supposed to sync with (and therefore be set by) GPS satellite signals. Somehow I doubt that a new map dvd would solve the issue. We should make sure to report the issue to local dealers so they can escalate it to the proper people to solve.
I'm inclined to agree for two reasons. First and foremost it feels like a software/firmware issue, as both the date and the time are wrong. Second, I updated the map on my 2010 RTL in 2014. I 10top saw the same issue at the same time and he has the 2015 map update. Guess I'll turn off the clock until Honda develops a patch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2010 ridgeline and have had no problems with navi or handsfreelink.

however, today, my little display reads "handsfreelink" and nothing i do can get me out of it. it does work-i can make and receive calls-but after i hang up it keeps me in handsfreelink mode even if i turn off the blue tooth on my phone. yes, i did try turning the truck off and restarting it.

the other problem is my clock. the big clock is a day behind and off by several hours. the little readout is one hour ahead. i can't try anything to fix these problems because i'm in handsfreelink mode and can't figure out how to get our of it.

it was minus 20 F last night; don't know if that might have anything to do with it...but this truck has been in weather like this before, and started right up, no problem, this morning.

any suggestions? thank you!

·
Administrator
23,719 Posts
This could get interesting. There are millions of 2006-2014 Accords, Crosstours, Odysseys, Pilots, and Ridgelines that use the white navigation DVD. I can't find any reports of this on the Accord forum, but owners are reporting wrong date/time on the Pilot and Odyssey forums. Surely, Honda will offer a no-cost software update for this bug. ;)

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,558 Posts
This could get interesting. There are millions of 2006-2014 Accords, Crosstours, Odysseys, Pilots, and Ridgelines that use the white navigation DVD. I can't find any reports of this on the Accord forum, but owners are reporting wrong date/time on the Pilot and Odyssey forums. Surely, Honda will offer a no-cost software update for this bug.
Surely ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in my 2010 RTL w/ Nav today and noticed that the date on the screen was Jan 1, 2002 and the time was 2.5 hours earlier than the correct time. Also the time on the radio was exactly one hour fast. Later today I had to drive it again and the date was still the same as above but the time on the screen was off by a different amount. I can’t find a way to adjust the date. I adjusted the time in settings and when I got home I started it back up again to see if the time had corrected. It did not. It was another random time and still Jan 1 2002. Any help is appreciated on fixing this issue. Thank you in advance.

Same with me. 2010 RtL with Nav. I just started another post about this before I noticed this one. Hopefully someone can figure this out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2008 has the bug too. I already have the 2021 white disc. This has to be firmware related.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

My is already running the 2021 white disc and still developed this problem. I think it's in the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,558 Posts
My is already running the 2021 white disc and still developed this problem. I think it's in the firmware.
Yes Sir! It is not a NAV issue, but a firmware issue in the head unit. The only way to fix it is to have what @zroger73 said and that's for Honda to create a fix that either you can do via a thumb drive or a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove my Honda Ridgeline today - 2007 RTL w/navigation system - now (January 2, 2022) the clock will not set...
Yes, I've set/changed the clock before - no matter what I do - the screen says 12:00 - does not change the CD player display...

Most, most Interesting....it's now also 1 hour ahead....won't set ahead/behind.....
I've done everything BUT lift the negative terminal from the battery?

What's up Honda? - will the map update fix this?
Do I call a dealer?
Do I just deal with it?>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in my 2010 RTL w/ Nav today and noticed that the date on the screen was Jan 1, 2002 and the time was 2.5 hours earlier than the correct time. Also the time on the radio was exactly one hour fast. Later today I had to drive it again and the date was still the same as above but the time on the screen was off by a different amount. I can’t find a way to adjust the date. I adjusted the time in settings and when I got home I started it back up again to see if the time had corrected. It did not. It was another random time and still Jan 1 2002. Any help is appreciated on fixing this issue. Thank you in advance.
Exact same issue with our 2014 Special Edition Ridgeline with Navigation except that the radio clock was correct. The Navigation screen clock displayed the wrong time, and the date was set to January 1, 2002. Could not correct either date or time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You guys didn’t happen to all go 88 mph, did you?

Exact same issue with our 2014 Special Edition Ridgeline with Navigation except that the radio clock was correct. The Navigation screen clock displayed the wrong time, and the date was set to January 1, 2002. Could not correct either date or time.
Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads…

What would Marty McFly do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I drove to work, didn't bother to engage the navigation system so the screen just turns to clock. The clock reads January 1, 2002. There is no clock read out on the stereo which is usually aligned with the clock on the navi. GPS system works. Just the time is goofy. View attachment 421043
My 2014 Ridgeline is the same except the radio clock is one hour too late as we set back an hour for daylight Savings in the Fall on the west coast. Obviously a Honda fail.

21 - 40 of 475 Posts