Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
401 - 420 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to the dealer for service in March and he said that this was a software problem that Honda was working on. He also said that Honda was trying to find a solution that could be pushed 'over the air' so people wouldn't have to bring their vehicles in. I find that surprising because I assumed that my 2012 Navigation system was GPS and DVD update only.
I'm not litigious, but has anybody investigated a class action law suit?

·
Administrator
23,172 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @Leonard Roseman!

I went to the dealer for service in March and he said that this was a software problem that Honda was working on.
No, they're not. See the first line in the first post of this thread.

He also said that Honda was trying to find a solution that could be pushed 'over the air' so people wouldn't have to bring their vehicles in.
None of the affected vehicles are capable of over-the-air updates. The earliest Honda model to offer OTA updates was the 2018 Odyssey. The models affected by the time/date issue were from the 2006-2014 model years.

I'm not litigious, but has anybody investigated a class action law suit?
For what?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @Leonard Roseman!

No, they're not. See the first line in the first post of this thread.

None of the affected vehicles are capable of over-the-air updates. The earliest Honda model to offer OTA updates was the 2018 Odyssey. The models affected by the time/date issue were from the 2006-2014 model years.

For what?
I’m in on a class action for not fixing a Honda problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been reading all these threads and the general consensus is, it's just a clock. If you read Honda's response, it effects the navigation system too. I didn't purchase my Honda 8 years ago and pay extra for this system just to have it quit working in 2022. If my radio system broke, I could get it fixed but there is no fix and will never be a fix per Honda. It's for that reason that we should be reimbursed for the difference between a standard radio and the navigation system. Just my thought!

·
Administrator
23,172 Posts
Honda guaranteed the system to work for 3 years or 36,000 miles (or 8 years or 120,000 miles if you purchased Honda Care). All of the affected models are no longer covered under any type of warranty. Honda fulfilled their end of the bargain. They don't owe any of the affected owners anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if the clocks were set by the old cellular 3g system?
Anyone know of an aftermarket head-unit that will help resale of this vehicle?
I had to disable my SiriusXM antenna and assuming this is not related. I tried to set the clock by entering maintenance mode by holding down menu-map-cancel buttons (3-buttons for about four seconds) and one of the options (nested) is to ‘send gps time’. It seems strange that neither old nor new dates work/set.
I’m happy with my 2013 truck, but like the new ones too. Resale values will not be like this again. I know the clock seems minor, but it tarnishes my confidence in Honda and I would not purchase another with this issue hanging.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So the problem is in GPS receiver made by Furuno.

Good job by the person who came up with a fix using a PIC microcontroller. Too bad there isn't an easier solution, though. Maybe someone will set up a service where you send them your NAV unit and they install the fix for a fee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 09 with nav system. You all know about the nav sys not showing proper time and date (groundhog day. Always January 1!). But my radio clock has been accurate since Daylight saving time (before was an hour off). UNTIL...I had to replace my battery. I have lost the clock on the radio screen completely. Honda service tech basically said tough luck, can't get it back. (Also said the nav screen date and clock was an unfixable satellite problem.) So much for a fix by August for that one. Just checking to see if anyone has a fix for the radio clock. (Battery died out of town, I usually hook up a 9v battery to leads to keep settings alive).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi gang - I'm still around with my 08 RTL. 65k miles now and the clock on my radio is the 1st problem I've had. I am a long time customer starting with my 1984 civic wagon, aka mooncar. Bet I've had 30+ Honda products and never a lemon - a problem or 2 but few and I've never been stranded or broke down on the road.

I didn't read the whole thread but did read enough to see that the radio clock is probably toast. Mine is about 75 minutes off - not a big deal to me, in fact until browsing this thread I didn't know there was a date/clock on the nav screen. I just never use nav. Still suits me as a daily driver and at age 71 I'm expecting to keep this in the stable until the end of the line - so much utility value and an old fart like me wears a watch anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda guaranteed the system to work for 3 years or 36,000 miles (or 8 years or 120,000 miles if you purchased Honda Care). All of the affected models are no longer covered under any type of warranty. Honda fulfilled their end of the bargain. They don't owe any of the affected owners anything.
I bought my 2014 Honda Ridgeline new in Nov 2014 it’s not 8 years old yet and only has 40,000 miles It should still be under warranty than!

·
Administrator
23,172 Posts
I bought my 2014 Honda Ridgeline new in Nov 2014 it’s not 8 years old yet and only has 40,000 miles It should still be under warranty than!
That's true if you bought an 8-year Honda Care VSC. If you're lucky and you complain enough, you might get an apology from Honda and a gift card towards an oil change at a Honda dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post here as a member of this forum. Own a 2006 RTL and with Navi and Radio Combo. After replacing battery everything works except clock will not show up next to AM/FM Stations like it is supposed to. Have tried everything (Menu/Cancel/Map settings) Only way to get into settings is through Voice Command and that only allows me to change the time. Honda dealership has never seen this problem before and wants $115 to diagnose it. No one has seen this problem before.
Mine just did the same thing! Replaced the battery, punched in the codes and everything works except the clock disappeared. Spent 3 hours on it already. Bummer.

401 - 420 of 434 Posts