421 - 440 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Read here:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told in January that they would have a fix for this in Aug. So today Aug. 10th. I called my local dealer, who acted like I was speaking a foreign language. I just got off the phone with Honda. They told me that a fix should roll out sometime between the 9th & 17th. and that I would not have to take my Ridgeline to the dealer. We'll see.

·
Registered
243 Posts
From the Honda Service News Bulletin:

On or after August 17, 2022, when the system’s internal calendar recalibrates, the GPS time signal becomes valid again. The clock will show the correct GPS time but most likely be off by 1 hour because the system’s internal calendar interprets the daylight saving time (DST) change incorrectly.

Now, the customer can adjust the time correctly, and it won’t be affected every time the vehicle’s power is cycled off and then on. The correct time will stay on through the next DST change based on the system internal calendar.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
From the Honda Service News Bulletin:

On or after August 17, 2022, when the system’s internal calendar recalibrates, the GPS time signal becomes valid again. The clock will show the correct GPS time but most likely be off by 1 hour because the system’s internal calendar interprets the daylight saving time (DST) change incorrectly.

Now, the customer can adjust the time correctly, and it won’t be affected every time the vehicle’s power is cycled off and then on. The correct time will stay on through the next DST change based on the system internal calendar.

Good morning,

2010 RTL with 300G bought brand new. It's been a great medium sized truck. This is exactly what happened this morning. I reset the clock to the proper hour. Does anyone know how to reset the date? it still says January 2002. I tried it through the calendar, but it didn't work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok sooo....
  • The date will never be correct again - even after August 2022. (EVER???? Can't this also be manually entered to be correct as follows once task is performed?)
  • The automatic daylight saving time adjustment will no longer occur on the correct date. (? - so it will "eventually" be correct?, just not when DST occurs?)
  • The time won't be correct until August 17, 2022 and there is no workaround until then.
How is the issue considered "CORRECTED" then? I don't mind having to manually set the time to begin with, but as I understand it, one may have to manually adjust the time off the bat for it to be correct, but will also have to manually re-set the time every time DST hits?....and the date will NEVER be correct? Doesn't sound very "corrected" to me.....😕

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good morning,

2010 RTL with 300G bought brand new. It's been a great medium sized truck. This is exactly what happened this morning. I reset the clock to the proper hour. Does anyone know how to reset the date? it still says January 2002. I tried it through the calendar, but it didn't work.

Hey JackS; If you get a response to this would you be so kind as to PLEASE hit me with the info? Would be much obliged. 😊 Thank you!

421 - 440 of 475 Posts