Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
441 - 460 of 506 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 Gen 1 Ridgeline that on January 1st the clock on the radio and Nav System ceased to function. Today My clock reset to Jan 1, 2003 with the time being 16 minutes fast. To correct this turn on your Nav map, push Info on left of screen, push Setup, push More (upper right button), push clock adjustment, turn off Auto time zone by GPS, Adjust the time up or down to match the time on your phone, press done, exit, cancel on left column of buttons. I can't find a way to change the date however.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2007 RTL and my clock was fixed today. The time is right!!
My calandar went from January 1st 2001 to Feb 1st 2003????
Where is the fix for my calandar that was promised for today along with the clock???

· Registered
7 Posts
Today is August 17, 2022. The clock was fixed as promised but the Calandar now says February 1, 2003! That is not a fix as promised! So when will the Calandar be fixed???
Honda promised both would be fixed today August 17, 2022!!
This tends to make me distrustful of Honda! I need to have my calendar fixed as promised or I will NEVER buy another Honda as long as I live!!!

· Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,588 Posts
Today, the clock on my RTL nav head unit went back one hour, making it now wrong. Before, the date and clock in the nav was wrong but the clock on the radio is wrong too by one hour back. Would changing my time zone, or something like that, fix at least the clock?

· Registered
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
1 Posts
I had just now gotten a 2010 Ridgeline RTL with Nav(new to me).

For the issues with Time and Date - (well, just date now, my time is also correct) - would replacing the head unit solve this issue, and is there any suggested replacements (I can ask that last part in another part of the forum if need be)

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,095 Posts
Who even looks for the date whi!e driving? I can understand wondering about what time it is, but date, no. Honda should have deleted the date completely in the update and then no one could complain that it was incorrect.

Reactions: Farther

· Registered
1 Posts
Today is August 17, 2022. The clock was fixed as promised but the Calandar now says February 1, 2003! That is not a fix as promised! So when will the Calandar be fixed???
Honda promised both would be fixed today August 17, 2022!!
This tends to make me distrustful of Honda! I need to have my calendar fixed as promised or I will NEVER buy another Honda as long as I live!!!
Honda never said it was a fix. The chip would roll over and the time would be back. Yeah my time was off and I set it correctly. Turned off DST and everything is fine. I looked at my phone and the date is correct. Never buy another Honda 🤷‍♂️. Really.[/QUOTE]

· Registered
7 Posts
Who even looks for the date whi!e driving? I can understand wondering about what time it is, but date, no. Honda should have deleted the date completely in the update and then no one could complain that it was incorrect.
I don't look while I'm driving! I keep my appointments in there and it would remind me what appointments I had for the day every time I started the car that day! It was a very useful feature that I paid big bucks for. I am very disappointed and upset that I cannot buy another G1 Ridgeline because 5hey are now all screwed up. I also will never buy another Honda vehicle because they can't be trusted.

· Registered
13 Posts
I wonder how many people with 15+ year old vehicles or even 10 year old vehicles are still using the same computer, cell phone, tablet, Blackberry etc. that the bought the year they bought their vehicle?
That's a bit of apples and oranges though. No one expects a cell phone to last 10 years - you're meant to be able to easily replace a cell phone or computer within a few years as technology changes. IE, you go to the mobile store, buy a new phone, they port your number and you're out the door in 15 minutes. Wireless networks update communication technology in order to adopt faster and more efficient communication systems which require newer hardware to support their use. No one expects a cell phone to last 15 years and the cost reflects that.

The navigation system is built into the Ridgeline and it is difficult/expensive to replace. The clock is the most basic function of the system. When the nav system is not in use, you see the clock. Frankly, most users would never replace that and in most cases, you expect that it will be used for the life of the vehicle, which could easily extend beyond 10 to 15 years.

Plus, has the date and time encoding from GPS changed over the last few years? It's not like there's a new scheme in how dates and time are conveyed which necessitate newer hardware, as is the case with cell phones.

This is clearly a Honda screw up and not a problem with expectations. I don't think it's too much to ask for the clock to work on a 10 year old car.

· Registered
167 Posts
Technically the problem is with the GPS receiver module made by Furuno. It is giving the navigation unit invalid date information. So maybe Furuno should be blamed?

On the other hand, the navigation unit does have a microcontroller with flash memory. In theory, with enough effort, it probably would be possible to update the microcontroller's software with a work around for the bad date info received from the GPS receiver. But some have said here that the navigation unit was developed by a sub contractor, not Honda. So maybe it's the subcontractor's fault?

I'm not sure if this situation is really different from when the radio failed in my Ranger after 20 years. The truck was still functional and safe, it just didn't have a working radio. I could fix the problem by installing a new radio.

At least people with 2006 to 2014 Ridgelines have the option of fixing the problem by replacing the head unit with a new one with built in navigation. It will be expensive, sure, but it can be done. Owners of 2nd Generation Ridgelines (except the ones like my 2019 RTL with the color radio) won't be so lucky if there is a similar problem because the head unit is much more highly integrated into their vehicles than it probably should be.

441 - 460 of 506 Posts